It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinatown Cops Take Out An Elderly Man, For Music He Has Been Playing FOR YEARS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
gothamist.com...

Wu, a freelance interpreter, tells that every Saturday and Sunday for years now a group of senior citizens have gathered in the park to sing songs and make music, and she heard that someone called and complained about the noise.

It apparently takes 6 pigs to take down a 60 year old elderly man. This is truly barbaric... all for playing music without any interruption for YEARS now. He must obviously be some kind of terrorist. I just wonder if the NYPD is really proud of the work that they do.

BEAT DOWN, for something he has been doing for years now.

It really is a shame how we could let these pigs get away with it. If I were there, I would rescue that poor man from those violent criminals and I would hope for people to join me. I am curious why people do not take the initiative to do something about these pigs , to rescue that poor man from his aggressors. If all the people at that park were chanting to let him go, how can 6 cops stop a crowd of over 100 people?
edit on 10-5-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

This is absolutely disgusting. When/Where do these humans lose their compassion for other humans? I know that not all cops are bad, but honestly it seems the problem continues to grow. The worst part about this is other cops think this is okay. "He's just doing his job. - If the man didn't resist he wouldn't have been treated that way."

I recently stopped speaking to a long-time friend (over 15 years) over one of these incidents. You might have seen the one where the cop levels the girl after some type of tussle broke out. My friend who is a police officer defended the cop that knocked her over and we argued for 20 minutes about the situation. He said he would have done the same thing. I haven't spoke to him since.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

I can't tell by the picture, but does the police officer have his hand on his pistol? Or, does he have mace in his hand?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

not sure, but the mace is usually in a compact cylindrical black container so I doubt that it is mace he is holding.

edit: yes he is holding mace, and his pistol is holstered right next to his hand. The picture is blurry because it is a screencap from the video...
edit on 10-5-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

how was this worth the tax payer money spent to take this "noise criminal" off the streets? new york city is a proper megalopolis, without that man playing his music, the park is still going to be "polluted" by the sounds of the city. even in the heart of central park you can hear the traffic and the horns and the people.

and isn't music a good thing? don't people enjoy it? especially on a sunny afternoon in a public park? is that what our society has come to? you can't have any fun or express yourself in any public space, for fear of offending someone? why couldn't the person who called the police either A) asked the man themselves if he wouldn't mind moving or taking a break or B) kindly f * c k off?

this reminds me of a few years back when i was cited for noise ordinance violation. i was living with the band i was in at the time and we were having practice at 2 in the afternoon on a sunday. when we first moved in we went door to door and told all of our neighbors about our band and checked on times that would be bad for practice. no 3rd shifters, nobody said word one about times they like to have quiet, which is why we were so surprised when the cop knocked on our door. the guitarist and i were written tickets for noise ordinance violation because our "music could be heard from the street." I asked him if he enjoyed music and wondered where he thought his favorite drummers practiced when they were first starting out. he asked me if i wanted to go to jail. i went inside and made some mac and cheese and came back out and ate it while he was talking to us and he threatened me WITH HIS TASER. I didn't put the mac down, he didn't taser me.

later, at the court date, the judge was condescending to me about my attire and demeanor so I spoke my mind and told him that i did not appreciate his comments. he asked me if i was "some kind of idiot" i told him to tell me since "you're the judge." he gave me three days in jail for contempt of court.

so to recap: in America, if you are in a band and wear board shorts, you go to jail. if you are playing music in the sun in the park your are beaten and arrested. watch your tone when the authorities are present, you you may be sent to the dungeon, er, jail.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Thanks! After looking a couple times, I realized where the butt of his gun was and that he was indeed holding some type of cylinder. I also thought the cannisters were normally black.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
America you make me sick

WTF. You have lost the meaning of life, and what it means to be a human.
You are no longer the land of the free.
You are the land of the free to touch and grope

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Does anybody knows if he resisted and put up a fight or they just used violence on him immediately they got there.What about the others playing there with him. If we have proof of them abusing him for no reason we should put it out all over the net, the news and in public to protest and demand that police brutality must stop or we rise up in force to fight back.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Barbaric.. Sad to see things degenerate to that point in america..
And to think they consider it a "civilised" country.. In civilised countries the elderly are treated with respect - not beaten by thugs with badges for playing music in a park..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Police is like government, when it gets too big, and gets to peoples head, liberties will ALWAYS be infringed upon.
It is sad to see people can't do anything about this. People just stand around, b/c they know if they infringe, they will be shown the same unconstitutional treatment.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAmNotWill
Police is like government, when it gets too big, and gets to peoples head, liberties will ALWAYS be infringed upon.
It is sad to see people can't do anything about this. People just stand around, b/c they know if they infringe, they will be shown the same unconstitutional treatment.

Agreed and i gave you are star.
But you have to stand up and fight, fight for your freedoms my friend.
Standing back doing nothing will change nothing.
We all have a choice to make in life, so what will you all choose is the question.
I would rather be treated as a criminal than treated like a a free american, as it seems the crim's have more rights.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Cops are utterly disgusting creatures. I'm so sick of the "not all cops are bad" defense. Then WHERE ARE THE GOOD ONES? Why aren't they speaking out and stopping their CRIMINAL brothers from doing this to people? Until the "good cops" stand up against this human garbage then they are just as bad and just as evil.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

You know what, Meathed? I usually have some type of retort for your usual "you Americans" comment. Not this time. You're absolutely right about this. It makes ALL OF US sick. It's all our own doing for letting these things happen.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
ALL COPS ARE PIECES OF #!!!!

WHY???

Because even your so called "GOOD" cops kow of the corruption and evil yet, they do nothing.
and what do we know????
"The only thing it takes for evil to persist"......say it with me now...."Is for good men to do nothing"

There is fast approaching a day...........
God damn I would hate to be a cop!!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
reply to post by meathed

You know what, Meathed? I usually have some type of retort for your usual "you Americans" comment. Not this time. You're absolutely right about this. It makes ALL OF US sick. It's all our own doing for letting these things happen.

Sorry if i have offended you with some of my comments sometimes freakjive.
But that is me and how i view this world.
Im an arrogant bugger sometimes, but.......I call a spade a spade.
Im glad we can see eye to eye on this one.
I dont hate Americans, i just hate what your government is doing to you all. I care about you all mate. And to see your rights being violated infuriates me, it sickens me.
Take care my friend.
Peace mate

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Thanks for the explanation. I don't take offense...just try to stand up for the people if possible. I appreciate the reply! Cheers!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You know if I was living in America I would actually start up an organization to
target the cops purposely calling them to a location to get them killed or at
least injured (servilely).
Because those who try stop others freedom do not deserve freedom themselves.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

As repugnant as the original video was, your suggestion of ambush and murdering police officers is even more so. We do not solve the problems by engaging in the same sort of thinking that created them.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Domestic terrorists with badges at there finest is all i see bunch of punks on a power trip somebody needs to do something about these types of thug cops i see it more and more everyday gives the very few good cops a bad name and i will say it again domestic terrorists with badges is all i see plain and simple makes me sick.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

To the defeat the enemy you have to be like them, because on this earth there
is no justice as far as I see, and if god does not help then I will in the ways
they have been controlling the sheep's until now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join