It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shift

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The moments before we fall asleep are the most special. We are in a deep sense of relaxation; a strong glow of warmth and peace fills our body, and our imagination fills our consciousness with visions and senses of places that feel both far away and close by. I am talking about The Shift. The Shift cannot be explained, it must be experienced and reflected upon so that one can familiarise themselves with its beautiful legacy.

Have you felt The Shift?
edit on 10/5/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
The moments before we fall asleep are the most special. We are in a deep sense of relaxation; a strong glow of warmth and peace fills our body, and our imagination fills our consciousness with visions and senses of places that feel both far away and close by. I am talking about The Shift. The Shift cannot be explained, it must be experienced and reflected upon so that one can familiarise themselves with its beautiful legacy. And what a legacy it is!

Have you felt The Shift?

I try so hard to catch myself falling asleep every single night and it rarely ever happens... when ever did I fall asleep last night!? But when I do... its one of the most tranquil moments of existence and you can feel a very pleasant shift in consciousness.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
The moments before we fall asleep are the most special. We are in a deep sense of relaxation; a strong glow of warmth and peace fills our body, and our imagination fills our consciousness with visions and senses of places that feel both far away and close by. I am talking about The Shift. The Shift cannot be explained, it must be experienced and reflected upon so that one can familiarise themselves with its beautiful legacy.

Have you felt The Shift?
edit on 10/5/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

Yes..

no...

Only ever felt the shift hit the fan, sorry. And I can usually explain it, just not when it occurs - it is a force to be rockoned with.

Not one to reflect on, but hey, maybe you can convince me.

I need a new assgod...

I mean assguard... I mean asgaurd... crikey!!]

Off to the loo my darlin.. Skip, I mean skip... oO

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I feel the shift but its not warm its cold and dark i usually get woken up by screams or growling or just strait up horrible evil nightmares. I would LOVE to shift into a happy warm place when i fall asleep but i don't think i can
any suggestions?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Good question, the hypnogognic state.
I'm no stranger to it, sometimes funny, other times very distressing.
Lying in bed, gently thinking 'normal' thoughts then of a sudden i realize i'm thinking something completely off the wall.
e.g. 'I like having giraffes on the garage roof' or 'if i can remove the woman from the drainpipe we can get carnal'
The negative states are with sleep paralysis, i just know i'm awake despite the inability to move, and yet i'm asleep, mewling away as my lips are sealed, until i manage the finger/toe movement that brings freedom.
The most memorable wake/sleep 'shift' state had me leaping from my bed at the end of an eventful dream (beware the judderman my dear). Despite being awake, i was still dreaming and i stared at my girlfriend who proceeded to speak in a demonic voice. Lights on, wake up, jot down dream, quickly interrogate girlfriend for any joking on her part (lovely girl and i believed her claims of innocence).
It was the movement of her lips that i remember, which begged the thought, can the hypnongognic state include visual, as well as auditory hallucinations?
I try to cultivate this state, the 'shift' holds some power i'm sure.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have felt the shift many times, and I think that this is what someone feels right before they die. It's such a wonderful feeling. So peaceful

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well, I think I don't feel this. Every night I go to sleep, I'm thinking about the next day, the things that worry me, and the desire of remembering my dreams.

new topics

top topics

join