It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hackers hacked: main Anonymous IRC servers invaded

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Just to clear up some possible misconceptions:

SONY brought the full force of law to bear upon a boastful hobbyist who figured out how to tinker with the PS3 in such a way as to allow him to run Linux on the device. SONY referred to this as a violation of their intellectual property rights. In the ensuing legal proceedings, it became clear that some level of unsavory conduct was displayed by both SONY and the obedient law enforcement folks operating on their behalf.

Anonymous responded by staging a one day denial of service attack on one of the Sony websites. That was it.

Within days someone hacked into the PS network itself and completely smacked SONY down, including taking information from their servers and publishing it. SONY admitted that they had no indications that Anonymous had anything to do with it at all.

Since then, people have been attributing the PS network affair with Anonymous - including the media who can't seem to mention one without mentioning the other.

Anonymous did not attack the Play Station Network.... as long as that piece of misinformation persists, whoever did do it will be sitting pretty...
edit on 10-5-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyco

Originally posted by mudbeed: Trust me Anon knows it screwed up big time

Anonymous released a statement saying that "for once we didn't do it", and have denied being the group that attacked Sony, so i don't believe they know they screwed up at all, if they were infact not the person(s) who attacked Sony as they would have us believe.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Skyco because: (no reason given)

"Destroy the evidence and deny everything"...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
And the first true return volley has happened?

Or is this more theater?

More theater imo.

Like the article itself points out, anyone can go into those servers. I've declined to visit before because it's understood that anyone joining their IRCs is automatically vulnerable to being hacked, unless you think you're smarter than whoever is already waiting for you there.

Many members of "anonymous" wouldn't even go to "their own" IRC, I'd wager.

Also, I read a "police sensitive" document distributed by a federal fusion center, and they speak of "Anonymous" as if it's the "al Qaeda" of internet "terrorism." Basically anyone who does anything they deem "malicious" on the internet, is a member of "Anonymous." And why not? Just like any guy defending his home against US soldiers raping his kids in Iraq is a "terrorist" and "al Qaeda" too, after the GIs have to explain why they went into his house and then blew his brains out, you know?
edit on 10-5-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

More than likely nothing more than a hacker/cracker (criminal hacker) war between factions.

My biggest problem with the group "Anonymous" is their terrorist tactics.

This goes for those calling themselves hackers/crackers as well.

Most people mistake me for anti-Government which is wholly untrue.

I am however anti-corruption within Government even if it walks hand-in-hand sometimes.

Government, take your pick of which one, is nothing more than a functionary unit.

It serves a purpose, to serve the people, at least in Republic's and Democratic countries.

I am anti-Communism and anti-despot as well as anti-Puppet Dictator.

Here's the thing though, using tactics, like those used by Anonymous are cowardly.

They would rather attack and run away.

They think this is some Robin Hood fantasy and it is not.

Our world needs a system of laws even if we do not always agree with them.

Even if we do not always agree with those leaders who attain office.

If you're going to fight Government you do it toe-to-toe and stand your ground.

I'm not referring to some idiotic gun-fight or Waco style/Randy Weaver style nonsense.

I am instead referring to using the system, in all of its flaws, against those who abuse it.

Do not like their way of doing it?

Fight it legally.

Form a non-profit organization and policy think-tank.

Not some misguided tool like Wikileaks where people can leak classified documents.

Those documents whether classified or not need context and as well they mean little.

In the grander scheme of things.

I guess when it comes to Government I'm just used to doing what I do with honor.

Read massive amount of books, cross-reference, and put it into action.

Not looking to download stuff for free because I'd rather act like a criminal.

Wikileaks is not "Zion" and Julian Assange is not "Neo".

Information may be power but getting it and gaining it illegally does nothing.

Except break the law.

If people want to profit off of their knowledge by selling books let them.

If people want to profit off of their knowledge by selling CD's let them.

If people want to profit off of their knowledge by selling DVD's let them.

If they want to profit off of their knowledge by being a sell-out to society let them.

At least they're making money off of their talents instead of exploiting weakness.

And thereby becoming weaker and making Government stronger.

I would rather stand toe-to-toe with an entire Government and defeat them.

Instead of doing what essentially equals digital rape of information.

Information is indeed power, information is indeed something which is kept from us, information may be a catalyst which makes those of the weaker of society stay stupefied and lack intelligence, but fighting through hacking/cracking is nothing more exploiting that lack of intelligence and not building or creating something which will strengthen that lack of intelligence because those same people who lack the intelligence about Government atrocities will never side with hackers/crackers due to their views and perspectives of their country and its laws.

Dumping a few Government secrets on a server run by two or 200 people is nothing.

It is a futile attempt which will fail because Government has much more resources available.

Using the knowledge gained to make something more honorable is much more important.

Government is nothing more than a group of people.

They are powerless unless you give them your power.

Take that power back through a legal, non-violent, and intelligent way.

If you fight them on their own turf through politics you make things better for everyone.

Because fighting through illegal, violent, and idiotic way will only accomplish one thing.

Stronger laws, stronger territory, and a stronger chokehold on society.

A non-profit organization legally filed and policy think-tank is much more powerful.

Than a silly server filled with people fighting through some fantasy that they will win.

Because hackers/crackers only make more funding flow to stop them.

Because hackers/crackers only make more bodies trained to stop them.

Because hackers/crackers only make more laws which will eventually catch them.

Strengthening the position of your opponent is not intelligent by any means.

Hackers/crackers will never collapse the entire system as it is too massive.

Hackers/crackers will never collapse the entire system as it is too complicated.

Hackers/crackers will never collapse the entire system as it is too funded.

Sorry, but that is my take on Anonymous, and hackers/crackers.

Nothing more than digital terrorists with a toe-tag waiting to be placed on their dead bodies.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

And the first true return volley has happened?

Or is this more theater?

More theater imo.

Like the article itself points out, anyone can go into those servers. I've declined to visit before because it's understood that anyone joining their IRCs is automatically vulnerable to being hacked, unless you think you're smarter than whoever is already waiting for you there.

Many members of "anonymous" wouldn't even go to "their own" IRC, I'd wager.

Also, I read a "police sensitive" document distributed by a federal fusion center, and they speak of "Anonymous" as if it's the "al Qaeda" of internet "terrorism." Basically anyone who does anything they deem "malicious" on the internet, is a member of "Anonymous." And why not? Just like any guy defending his home against US soldiers raping their kids in Iraq is a "terrorist" and "al Qaeda" too, after the GIs have to explain why they went into his house and then blew his brains out, you know?
edit on 10-5-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

Its an intro into some clever coding but otherwise its fun, that is unless you openly want to test yourself.
edit on 10-5-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Just to clear up some possible misconceptions:

SONY brought the full force of law to bear upon a boastful hobbyist who figured out how to tinker with the PS3 in such a way as to allow him to run Linux on the device. SONY referred to this as a violation of their intellectual property rights. In the ensuing legal proceedings, it became clear that some level of unsavory conduct was displayed by both SONY and the obedient law enforcement folks operating on their behalf.

Anonymous responded by staging a one day denial of service attack on one of the Sony websites. That was it.

Within days someone hacked into the PS network itself and completely smacked SONY down, including taking information from their servers and publishing it. SONY admitted that they had no indications that Anonymous had anything to do with it at all.

Since then, people have been attributing the PS network affair with Anonymous - including the media who can't seem to mention one without mentioning the other.

Anonymous did not attack the Play Station Network.... as long as that piece of misinformation persists, whoever did do it will be sitting pretty...
edit on 10-5-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

The media attention simply jumped the individuals involved into six figure digits per hour for hire. Regardless of the media side and alternative and computer side of things, this does seem to be a test of strength as to the ability to intrude into networks. IV Hire

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
turn it up.....

opiran.iranserv.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
turn it up.....

opiran.iranserv.com...

You do know you should type something regarding the link, i mean, i have also failed to reply adequate responses with a link and to some it may be okay, but to others it may be something completely new. So in closing and as i have also done the same mistake in the past, i try and avoid doing such posts.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I wanna be like them. I want to be a professional hacker tooo.. teach me teach me even just 50% hahahaha

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hamstermaik
I wanna be like them. I want to be a professional hacker tooo.. teach me teach me even just 50% hahahaha

Place dvd and press next, your about 50% there.

edit:

Pro hacker..okay...so how about you break the toe of the lion within 5 min's of post time, not your time, but server post time...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Hackers/crackers will never collapse the entire system as it is too massive.

Accomplished...no ?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
What happened is a IRCoperator who goes by the handle 'Ryan' (might be his real name idk) has been stripped of his operator privileges because he called two of the "old" opers incompetent N's well that's how it started.

Ryan according to some rumors owns a botnet of 800k and he DDoSed the AnonOps network that's why it's been unstable for the last few weeks other factions are also involved in this drama including skidsr.us and some other people who doesn't like how AnonOps is being run by the current operators. AnonOps has some +i (invite only) channel where most of the attacks are being decided on.

'Ryan', a former member of network staff on AnonOps.net and AnonOps.ru, says that he and and a number of other disgruntled members seized control of the sites because they believed AnonOps had become too centralised.
They accuse a small elite within the organisation of "behind-the-scenes string-pulling", abusing their power by setting themselves up in a leadership role.
The group condemns 'Owen', a key figure in this leadership cabal, as being "incredibly incompetent", stating that had been "abusing the fact that people use his platform"

Ryan's interview

I agree with what Ryan has to say about the "leadership" that goes on with AnonOps and its hidden channels, and by the way if you read the interview of Ryan you will find that he said "The only way to make things safe is to make users aware how insecure it is," which is incredibly false if you know the situation with AnonOps...

He didn't necessarily "hacked" the network since a bot who keeps logs gave the password to him and that's how he gained entry to the network. The bot named Zalgo is owned by someone who goes by the handle "e"

BTW Anonymous didn't get hacked. AnonOps did. And AnonOps != Anonymous.

Most of this won't make sense if you haven't been in AnonOps at least once.

This is more of an internal drama that wouldn't have a big impact on Anonymous as a whole.

BTW we've got other IRC's setup in case such thing happens.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Also Ryan has released some IP's of Anons who just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

IP LOGS
(He got one of my handles IP but he got it wrong)

He also released some PM logs. Again if you are not familiar with AnonOps and the people who's involved this may not make any sense to you since its mostly Operators sorting out all the drama that's been happening on AnonOps.

PM LOGS

Also read: AnonOps accuse coup leader of 'bullying'

Speaking on condition of anonymity, two members familiar with the inner workings of AnonOps rebutted a number of accusations levelled at the site’s network staff by a user named Ryan, the key figure behind what moderators have called a “coup d’etat”.

I don't know who this two Anons are in this interview but I have an idea of who they are.

“Obviously, some people get well known and others look to them for advice, but nobody can control the hive,” one Anon said. “If Anonymous really wants to do something, no one person can stop them.”

And that's one of the reason some people hated AnonOps since you gain some sort of respect when you use a handle for too long, also the great user - operator divide is hurting AnonOps since most of the time operators abuse their powers in that channel.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Anon released a video days before the attack saying Sony would get harder than ever.

Sony was attacked hard soon after as we know.

OpSony was a direct call for attack on Sony, an op is not only DDoS, it is a call to arms. DDoS is just a way that the regular Joes can participate.

Anon is anon so that means it truly doesn't have control of all it's people, if any. Anyone can be anon and whether it was a group putting out fake videos or top dogs in anon, either way they are technically Anon, right?

So Anon's call to arms (so to speak) while I agree with most targets, I thought it's a waste of their power to hit up Sony over a system hacker or whatnot. Geo could have handled himself anyways and did.

As I said, with all the screwed up crap in this world you would think it would be OpSomethingUseful not OpSony.

They called an attack an attack happened. Wouldn't you say mission accomplished rather than Anon didn't do it? Are you guys really honestly saying OpSony was limited to DDoS? No other Op has been limited to DDoS. They hacked HB Gary for example.

The problem now is this has spiraled out of control because it involved CC#s and everything changes...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkofCain

but e-drama is better than any drama playing on the idiot box...right ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join