It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained Electrical Disturbances

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
So I pull up into my driveway, turn the engine off and get out. Normally the stereo will automatically shut off once I open the door, but this time it doesn’t. It stays on after the engine has been turned off, the key removed and the door opened. So I shut my door, and it’s still on. It’s not until I re-open my door that it finally shuts off. By itself this incident wouldn’t be anything of significance but more things start going haywire.

My son and I walk inside, put our stuff down and as usual, he runs to the TV to watch cartoons. All of the sudden, the television begins making this high pitch piercing sound and the picture goes fuzzy. With the extent of my electrical knowledge, I beat on the side of the TV in an attempt to make it stop, but to no avail. The sound and poor picture last for about ten minutes before finally dying out and returning to normal.

Moments later, as I’m rummaging through the refrigerator pulling things together for dinner it begins to make this horrid screeching sound. It doesn’t stop until I turn both the refrigerator and freezer side control knobs all the off.

By now, I’m really beginning to wonder just what the hell is going on. Why are all the electronics going nuts? Solar Flares? Maybe, but I’ve been watching the Suns activates and nothing seems more extreme than normal. Chinese Drywall? Possibly but that wouldn’t explain my truck radio. Poltergeist? I hope not! Maybe it’s all just a coincidence. And as I’m running through my mind all the various reasons why these things are doing what they are doing my microwave begins turning on and off. I kid you not. Standing there at my stove cooking dinner, my microwave turns on, runs for one second, and turns off. It does this about four times before I finally just unplug it.

I’m becoming genuinely concerned. Something strange is going on. Within a few minutes my wife and daughter arrive home. I begin telling her about all the things that have happened and she looks somewhat confused. She proceeds to tell me that her (brand new) car did the exact same thing when she got to work that day and that her iPhone has been acting up all day long. At this point I remember talking to my friend in California earlier who made mention that his iPhone was acting up as well.

So I’m curious, has anyone else been experiencing strange electrical malfunctions or disturbances. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what could be causing all of this? Am I just going crazy?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I live in atlanta.

I've been noticing electrical issues for over a month. Lots of minor brown outs. Flickering lights. My cell phone has become more flighty than my girlfriend. Several people I know have been noticing similar things lately. So if you are crazy...you're not alone!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
you're not crazy, my gf's i phone has been glitching out like crazy, my tv picture quality on all three of our tv's have been marginal at best. My internet signal has been coming in and out like crazy lately. And just as of late, my computer has been having a key board error, and none of the keys work on it until I restart my computer, take out my mouse transmitter, and re insert it.
not sure what all this means but, it has been constant for at least the past month, maybe a little longer, and has me curious as heck.
I'm here in Duluth MN by the way
edit on 10/5/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
My roommate, whom is huge into astrology, blames it on Mercury turning retrograde... Being the planet of communation and having effects on everything electronic...
..and Mercury has been doing just that since March 30th...
*shrugs*

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
am from the uk the only thing i noticed is my htc phone is running out of battery faster than it did tho and the signal at my gf house isnt there at as it use to be, its prob all the apps and stuff running in the back ground tbh. as for iphone apple might of sent out silent up dates ect as i know htc did that for my htc desire hd for the light senor..
edit on 10-5-2011 by rikgrimsby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Yep.....for the past 3 days, my internet service has been going out every couple od hours, and yesterday, it went out 7 times in 2 hours. 2 days ago I was just sitting here reading on ATS, and my computer just turned of....including the monitor. We have had flickering lights and bad TV reception. Last night, I picked up my cell phone to make a call, and it wouldn't even turn on....completely dead with a good battery and it had just been charged.......it's still dead this morning. Could all be coincidence, but who knows....so far my internet hasn't gone out this morning, but we'll see.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

where abouts are you ?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I just called Cyberdyne Systems to find out what the heck is going on with all of our electronics. I couldn't talk with a real person, just an automated message - but they assured me that everything is just fine and not to panic or unplug anything. It will all be cleared up soon...they're doing everything they can.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/933c5b277b77.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
My grandmas car has been doing that, and its pissing me off because IDK if it kills the battery or not, But i dont have time to open and close a door a million times so i just say "screw you then car, kill youself. I dont care anymore!" And i go back inside lol. But seriously IDk whats going on.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Now that you mention the internet, I do remember my wife complaining that the connection was cutting in and out as she was trying to track some bids on ebay. I'm really just chalking this up to solar activity for now, but on a side note, I did see some strange airplanes in the area on Sunday.

I was driving south across Lake Ponchartrain in New Orleans when all of the sudden a massive airplane flew right over us, also heading south. It was extreemly low, only a few hundred feet, and flying very slowly, almost like it was gliding. In fact it was flying so slow that it remained clearly visible to me for the entire 24 mile drive across the lake. It wasn't a commercial jet or even a military plane, but it did have a hugh radar disc mounted on the top. The plane itself was painted grey and white so I know it wasn't military. I assumed that it was just a weather plane like the ones used to fly into hurricanes or track tornados. I had never seen anything like that flying around this area.

As I got closer to the south shore, I notice several other smaller Cessna type planes, A blimp, and something I almost can't explaine. All I know is that it was massive. It wasn't a blimp or if it was, it was the largest blimp I had ever seen. Actually, there was a blimp right next to it, as well as the radar plane which was flying circles around it. If I wasn't driving on the bridge, I would have taken a picture. I tried finding it once I was off the bridge, but it was hidden behind trees and buildings.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

Sorry, I'm in the Greater New Orleans Area of Louisiana.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
the plane you saw sounds like awac plane.... did you take any pics of what you saw ?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
the plane you saw sounds like awac plane.... did you take any pics of what you saw ?

Yeah, it was definetly and AWAC, but it wasn't your "typical" type. Most AWAC that I've seen look more like commercial air liners, this one looked almost like an old B-17. Unfortunetly, I was driving on the bridge at the time with my two kids in the car. I wasn't about to risk taking photos.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Same place as the op.....Louisiana.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm in E. Texas. Our atomic clocks at work have been messing up, going dead, then coming back and acting normal. It's not all the time, but it's happened a few times the past month. My atomic clock at home messed up recently, starting showing different times, then died. I thought it was battery related and replaced them twice, but won't work. My car stereo turns on when I'm driving even though I don't touch it. I generally don't even have it on. This has only been happening the past month, plus my car is locking itself while I'm driving. My inet is cutting off more than usual. My husband's gps goes crazy, so he doesn't even use it now. Can't think of anything else offhand right now.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Same place as the op.....Louisiana.

Really? Well in that case, Hello neighbor!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Or maybe a big ole WHO DAT!!! Small world for sure. I wish I would have seen those planes....

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

WHO DAT indeed!! The planes were southbound over the lake and heading towards the New Orleans Lakefront Airport. Thats the same area that I saw the two blimp-like objects but they seem further out in the east.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So far, since yesterday, ny internet service is fine and my lights haven't been flickering anymore. Maybe we had a solar flare? That sometimes causes that. Has it stopped for you?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Microwave has stayed unpluged when not in use to prevent a fire (just in case), Television is still freaking out and the truck radio is still acting up from time to time, but internet and phones are working well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join