It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

intel dp35dp hangs before bios

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gary714
I really don't know whats up,I rolled back the bios and it booted fast twice,now it hangs again.I get a black screen with a cursor not flashing for 10 seconds then it starts to load,but that is all before the bios screen.I have looked until my eyes burn from satring at the damn screen so long...as a side note intel has been less than useless in this matter,I guess I will put up with this until my next build...someone mentioned a 2600k chip..maybe I'll start there..speed speed speed ,thats all I want,it's fast once booted just between the hang and the os loading the time is irritating to say the least.

Is the Bios chip Removable? Do you have another one that you can pop in and try out?

My other question is it the power supply, do the wiggle test on the power wires to the motherboard, does it crash during high power usage?

edit on 11-5-2011 by Tygart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Chip not removable,and the wiggle test passed no crash,I'll quit whining about it as the machine runs smooth once booted.It's really not a big deal it just annoys me.I just got on here to see if any body knows whats the deal.I've gotten solid advice and pretty much tried everything but a different video card,I'm thinking the bios for video running before the bios,though I'm not sure.I've started looking into a new build so I might be able to try another card just to see,otherwise I'll give this one to the old lady,she's not so picky.Thanks for the help,It is appreciated....peace ya'll

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Chip not removable,and the wiggle test passed no crash,I'll quit whining about it as the machine runs smooth once booted.It's really not a big deal it just annoys me.I just got on here to see if any body knows whats the deal.I've gotten solid advice and pretty much tried everything but a different video card,I'm thinking the bios for video running before the bios,though I'm not sure.I've started looking into a new build so I might be able to try another card just to see,otherwise I'll give this one to the old lady,she's not so picky.Thanks for the help,It is appreciated....peace ya'll

One last thought, could it be your mother board battery?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
nope first thing I did was new cmos battery
Like I said,I'll deal with it till new build ..peace ya'll

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

nope first thing I did was new cmos battery
Like I said,I'll deal with it till new build ..peace ya'll

Well if you ever figure it out please let us know. You have me interested.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I will,thats saying I DO figure it out...from what I can surmise it is the video card but it will be awhile.As soon as I know,you will know.One thing for sure..no more intel mobo..looking at another asus..thanks again..peace ya'll

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I know its been awhile but...cannot figure it out tried new video card,no change...took the machine completely aprt and gave it a thorough cleaning nothing....so gave it to the wife now on a phenom IIx6 on biostar mobo.To tell you the truth after assembling and booting the new one, i want the old one back.....great target...peace ya'll

top topics

<< 1   >>

join