It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theories Explained

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
No I am not a conspiracy theorist. I do not believe anything from people on youtube, a blog or some random fella...posting."heard this from a source...blah blah blah" and can never be verified. You people seem to believe this as fact because it helps your belief system and I also do not believe the media?government tells us everything and yes I believe they hide a lot from us.

I also do not believe the latest flick in the theaters has some hidden information they are trying to tell us.

I do not believe in the invisible men behind the curtain controlling us.

Do I think there is some grand scheme behind it all...no. I think the government and the media hide things because of what some people would do with this kind of information. There are normal people out there who can handle the truth but then there are people like you..who would use it as an excuse to do....well whatever..it is you are capable of doing....could be nefarious, could be not....its the nasty ones I worry about...and I bet you...they are too.

I stumbled on to this site looking for some information and found it very humorous so I decided to join....to let the normal people have a voice.

To those asking why I am here....why not....was there a box I had to click that states "must believe whatever is placed before you to join"...if so I missed it.

Wars are illegal if not ratiffied by congress.

What was the iraq preemptive war? Who profited off that war oil companies or the US public?

What was the afghanistan preemptive war?Afghanistan produces the most opium in the world. Did we burn the opium fields in afghanistan? Yes or No?

What was the Libya preemptive attack? Did Libya attack the US? Yes or No?

Did those countries pose a threat to us?

Physics simulations prove a plane flying into a skyscrapper WOULD NOT cause a building to fall in the way it did. Its impossible and defies physics. But the WTC callapse is consistant with bombing/demolition free fall.

What about the bailouts? We benefited from them? Us public or wallstreet?

The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is a private bank that is not appart of the government. This that true or false.

No WMD in iraq. True or False?

US currency is not banked up by anything. True or False?

Come on you got to do better than that. Oh I get it we are not allowed to have our own opinions.

edit on 10-5-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

the following links will tell you why the articles [smearing with a broad brush] you've linked to can be considered
so much BS:

Is Schizophrenia Really a Black Disease? bigthink.com...

Who decides what "insane" means? This was the major question of Ken Kesey's countercultural classic "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," which illustrated how mental illness could be deployed by the establishment to crush the individual. But a recent book by University of Michigan psychiatry professor Jonathan Metzl suggests that Kesey's novel might not have been far from non-fiction. In "The Protest Psychosis: How Schizophrenia Became a Black Disease," Metzl documents the shifting interpretations of schizophrenia through the 20th century, tracing its evolution from a "white middle-class woman's disease" to an "African-American man's disease." Specifically, with the political upheaval of the civil rights movement, popular culture began to associate angry black men with schizophrenia, which in turn influenced the way doctors interpreted and diagnosed the illness.
"In particularly the early 1920s, 1930s, 1940s when the idea of schizophrenia itself was first coming to the United States from Europe there was a general assumption that persons who suffered from schizophrenia were either shy or calm or they were geniuses," Metzl says. "It was often represented as an illness that afflicted white novelists or poets and as I say, these were very often in popular and psychiatric representation assumed to be white people." But during the massive societal upheavals in the middle of century, ideas of sanity and insanity took on new meaning. "All of a sudden in the 1960s, American culture, newspapers, magazines, movies start to represent angry African-American men as in part being inflicted with a new form of this particular illness," and this change in popular perception of the disease directly influenced the clinical definition of it, Metzl argues. "All of a sudden in 1968, the second version of the Diagnostic Manual comes out and there is new language that says 'aggression, hostility, projection.'" The image of a schizophrenic person was all of a sudden more violent and unstable than the schizophrenic of 20 years before.

The practical consequences of this popular-cum-clinical shift in perception was that in the 1960s far more African-American men were institutionalized in psychiatric wards with schizophrenia. "Some had committed crimes, some had participated in civil rights protests, some had been participants in urban riots at the time. They all passed through various forms of the penal system and ended up diagnosed with schizophrenia and locked in the psychiatric wards," says Metzl. But were these men really schizophrenic? Or were they victims of shifting clinical definitions of disease, one that was prone to metaphoric interpretation?

How Schizophrenia Became a "Black Disease" bigthink.com...

the big book of mental illnesses is often re written for political expedience.
back then it was young black men who were fighting for equality
today it's CT's

"that was all in the past, there are no conspiracies going on today, if you believe so, you are delusional/schizo/crazy"
-every single conspirator in history-

history does not repeat itself but sometimes it rhymes

the psychotherapeutic community has always been ridiculous IMO

so called scientists being objective on the subjective

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
llllll.llllll.

Well we have actual psychoanalysts and then we have random people on the internet trying to psychoanalyze people. I mean who needs 10+ years of college educational training when you have those kind of abilities?

CTist are 3Vil!!11 R4wR!

Let's leave the over-WAN psychoanalysis to the qualified experts shall we.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

how can you be scientifically objective about the subjective?

answer me that.

unless you are a skinnerian behaviorist, then we are all just chemicals and electricity reacting in your opinion.

you should read more Jung and Fromm. how's that for an educated response?

while mocking shamans and medicine people as charlatans
they themselves have never made the inner journey.

"physician heal thyself" comes to mind.

it could be 50+ yrs of education
and not mean a thing

as ignorance is often a case of BELIEVING that you KNOW.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join