It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theories Explained

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
www.psychologytoday.com...

The above article tells me why there are a lot of you who believe the stuff you do.

It is interesting to say the least...who knew you had a mental illness...one article does state though " not everyone who believes in a conspiracy plot is mentally ill. They just may be suggestible or just suspicious of authority."

Here are some more articles for you to read.

www.wired.com...

abcnews.go.com...

thedamienzone.com...

Most likely much more...but you can find them if you want.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Without even reading the link I can tell it's not trustworthy because it comes from a psychology website. It will most likely blame conspiracy theorisism on a mental defficiency when in fact conspiracy theorists are more aware of the world then their sleeping counterparts. It will then equate conspiracy theorists with people who believe in no plane theories and big foot. They will then move to discuss people like Poplawski the cop killer or Jared Lee Loughner, and if they are smart although they usually won't do this they'll point out that Oswald was the mother of all "conspiracy theorists".

Basically not a single fact will be given in the entire article. Not one iota of evidence concerning building 7, the shanksville hole, the pentagon hole, nano thermite, AE911 truth, Rothschild, Fractional Reserve banking, CIA, MKULTRA, David Rockefeller, Michael Chertoff, Rahm Emmanuel, John McCarthy Roll, mind control, conspiracy facts, etc, etc

Am I right?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Yes, Yes you are right, in fact most anything a psychology site or psychologist themselves says can and should be turned an abrupt 180 to show the truth.

These nuts operate in a dreamworld where they have no real hope of ever thinking for themselves.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Your first link doesn't even mention the word conspiracy theory within the body of the article, just in the title. If you didn't read the title, you wouldn't even think this article was about conspiracy theories but about schizophrenia. Their solution is to administer drugs. So, the government gives conspiracy theorists drugs? Ha, like vaccines, we'll see how that turns out.

Now if you switch the words around then you may be onto something.

Most people on this website use conspiracy facts, while the conspiracy theorists speculate in order to fit their worldview into the government's worldview. The difference is one person goes off of facts, the other goes off a mindset, that is the US government is infallible, a pathetic derivative from the middle aged notion of God is infallible, both will fail, because the church and the empire are both fallible.

So yeah, conspiracy theorists, meaning people within government, are a bit schizophrenic, but I still wouldn't just blindly dismiss them as "crazy" that is the first mistake. They are smart, and they do this intentionally in order to control. The facts prove this. The TSA, for instance, is conditioning people to accept "baby pat downs" so the entire society is in a slave state. The fact is this is happening, the fact is the government keeps doing it despite public protest. How could it not change unless a force was preventing it from change? Most people know that elections are rigged to begin with, so voting doesn't matter. So that's a fact of life. But government conspiracy theorists try and blame this on al qaeda, or conspiracy theorists! (meaning the general public). So do you now see how delusional the real schizophrenics are?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

The above article tells me why there are a lot of you who believe the stuff you do.

It is interesting to say the least...who knew you had a mental illness...one article does state though " not everyone who believes in a conspiracy plot is mentally ill. They just may be suggestible or just suspicious of authority."

www.wired.com...

abcnews.go.com...

thedamienzone.com...

I notice you have segregated yourself in your OP .
Do you not seek the truth ?
Do you refuse to believe the "official line" reported by the PTB ?
If YES , then you are just as mad as the rest of us

If NO , then WTF are you doing here and what do you hope to achieve with this thread ?

Time to fess up

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I am happy to see I'm not the only that don't believe most of the psychology we have today.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Conspiracies are so popular because the mainstream news is so laughable. If the news being reported wasn't full of holes and lies, if the news wasn't simply a propaganda arm of the small group of rich people then maybe people wouldnt turn to conspiracy sites for their news.

A majority of people get their news from comedians like John Stewart. That's right, a comedian is more reliable than actual news. If that's not indicative of the sorry state of journalism then I dont know what is.

If we were told the truth to begin with, the full unabashed truth, then there would be no conpsiracy theories because all the facts would be on the table. Secrecy creates mistrust. Mistrust creates conpsiracy theories
edit on 10-5-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
"Paranoid schizophrenics are prone to delusions"

And thinking you can understand people without talent and only from the knowledge you gained from psychology school is a major delusion.

Too many people go in psychology to analyze themselves, too proud to admit they might be crazy.
From what I read about psychology, I feel they got it wrong. Categorizing is the worst thing you can do if you really want to help an individual...but lol, since half of psychologist are doing it either for the money or to think they are not really crazy, really helping the individual is secondary.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Yeah, same old story here. Psychologists tell us we are crazy, that this is our way of making sense of the world, or that the world isn't exciting enough so we make up stories and pass it as reality. They'll pick the craziest of the crazy stories out there- usually in the area of reptilians or alien hybrids - to help illustrate their point. They make it seem that it doesn't matter what the issue at hand is, when in fact it very much does. Truth is, there are secrets everywhere, and I find it quite insulting to be called delusional or stupid if I were to speculate about these.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

well looks like you have been a member since 2009. does that make you a conspiracy nut too then? crazy crazy you

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

great! i'm glad we got all of that figured out! now i know that i'm mentally ill, should be medicated heavily and placed in a secure facility with padded walls. oh, and i should love the bomb! and the government! because they're all just here to help us and make our lives better! this has been so enlightening! thank you so much for freeing me from the bonds of my mental illness! i feel liberated in my love and devotion to the One State!

seriously though, there is a bridge somewhere with billy goats crossing unimpeded.

TROLL.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
No I am not a conspiracy theorist. I do not believe anything from people on youtube, a blog or some random fella...posting."heard this from a source...blah blah blah" and can never be verified. You people seem to believe this as fact because it helps your belief system and I also do not believe the media?government tells us everything and yes I believe they hide a lot from us.

I also do not believe the latest flick in the theaters has some hidden information they are trying to tell us.

I do not believe in the invisible men behind the curtain controlling us.

Do I think there is some grand scheme behind it all...no. I think the government and the media hide things because of what some people would do with this kind of information. There are normal people out there who can handle the truth but then there are people like you..who would use it as an excuse to do....well whatever..it is you are capable of doing....could be nefarious, could be not....its the nasty ones I worry about...and I bet you...they are too.

I stumbled on to this site looking for some information and found it very humorous so I decided to join....to let the normal people have a voice.

To those asking why I am here....why not....was there a box I had to click that states "must believe whatever is placed before you to join"...if so I missed it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston

TROLL.

When faced with information that may possibly be true..or goes against your conspiracy agenda...your favourite word comes out....TROLL.

Good to see things are always going to be predictable in here.

You can call me names...I am a big boy...just be original.

As for the goat comment...that one was good...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
To REITERATE..just because I do not buy the majority of your bull does not mean I buy into MSM bull. It is at least At least their crap is more plausible. I do my own research and come to my own conclusions with all available information, if I can't...ten there is nothing I can do..I do not start to dwell into fantasies.

A lot of what I read on here offers no facts..just rumors...people blogging about some crap...people making youtube videos....Alex Jones or some other idiot making claims and people falling all over themselves saying it is true...because they said it....yawn....you get what I am saying.
edit on 10-5-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

www.wired.com...

abcnews.go.com...

thedamienzone.com...

Maybe people like having their own opinions on things without having people call them mentally ill. Maybe I might be wrong though.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cleverhans

Yeah, same old story here. Psychologists tell us we are crazy, that this is our way of making sense of the world, or that the world isn't exciting enough so we make up stories and pass it as reality. They'll pick the craziest of the crazy stories out there- usually in the area of reptilians or alien hybrids - to help illustrate their point. They make it seem that it doesn't matter what the issue at hand is, when in fact it very much does. Truth is, there are secrets everywhere, and I find it quite insulting to be called delusional or stupid if I were to speculate about these.

So people having their own opinion is wrong and they are crazy if they don't agree with the majority of society.

This is a thought crime. This is an opinion crime.

So if someone belief in something you don't agree with then they are mentally ill right?

Yep that sounds fair.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Maybe people like having their own opinions on things without having people call them mentally ill. Maybe I might be wrong though.

Hey opinions are great...just make it clear it is an opinions....people need stop stating things as fact.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

So people having their own opinion is wrong and they are crazy if they don't agree with the majority of society.

So if someone belief in something you don't agree with then they are mentally ill right?

Yep that sounds fair.

There's that word again..opinion...like I said those are great.

Yes I believe the majority of posters on here may be a little unstable..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Don't forget "just plain stupid". I see that a lot here too.

A few more "suspect" articles for the mainstream here to ridicule:

www.wired.com...

ps

I came here looking for current UFO information but found there's precious little of that. I stay for the sideshow.

edit on 10-5-2011 by wasco2 because: to add

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Yep that sounds fair.

There's that word again..opinion...like I said those are great.

Yes I believe the majority of posters on here may be a little unstable..

And it took you 2 years to figure that out ?

The majority of people who seek the truth are perfectly normal , yet you catagorised everybody .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join