It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People evacuating Rome because of earthquake prediction on May 11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Ridiculous.

Romans in fear of possible May 11 tremor predicted by dead seismologist

A devastating earthquake purportedly predicted for that day by a long-dead seismologist has made Roman locals to leave their town in fear of the catastrophe.
Raffaele Bendandi, the deceased seismologist, estimated a gigantic tremor to shake Rome in on May 11. His prediction has caused debates among Italians in a number of websites, blogs and social networks.

Italy’s civil protection agency emphasized in their recent statements that earthquakes can not be predicted as according to official scientific views. In lieu with this, the national television network RAI has run programs directed at calming rising panic among Romans. However, these pieces of information are just falling on deaf ears.

A barman Fabio Mengarelli said in an interview, “I'm going to tell the boss I've got a medical appointment and take the day off. If I have to die I want to die with my wife and kids, and masses of people will do the same as me."

Chef Tania Cotorobai too would be on leave on May 11. "I don't know if I really believe it but if you look at the internet you see everything and the opposite of everything, and it end up making you nervous," the lady chef said.

He predicted this earthquake long ago...

In 1923 he heralded a quake would strike the central Adriatic region of the Marches on January 2 the following year. He was two days inaccurate but Italy's major newspaper, Corriere della Sera, published a front page article on it titled "The man who forecasts earthquakes."

The man died in 1979 so this is like a 30+ years prediction.

We'll see what happens, I'm willing to give this guy a few days... If nothing hits Rome within a week, I would say epic fail.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
there is already a thread about this guy and his prediction..
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10/5/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
search much?

i'm sure there is more

join