Magnitude 7.1 - LOYALTY ISLANDS 2011 May 10 08:55:06 UTC

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Nah, no point nothing specific to warn about. Felt/seemed like new madrid but couldn't be certain.

5/11 is the crest of the 2nd night on the mayan calendar. I'd be more concerned about something like that, perhaps that's what the dream is based off of.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
A little off subject, but not really because we are talking here about earthquakes. If you look at the National Weather Service Prediction for 05/11/11, you will see that the forecast for significant rainfall and tornado activity is in the same area where major flooding, 10-20 inches of rain, and blowing up dikes is occurring. This weather pattern has been constant for almost two years, always centering around the New Madrid Fault. I am not going to speculate that earthquakes in other parts of the world are created to take our focus off of what it happening in the U.S.. Seems to me, that it is rather strange, that all of these systems(weather) bear down on the New Madrid Area. Please excuse my lack of paragraphs, proper punctuation at proper times. I don't think that is really relevant at this time. Thanks

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
is there anything unsual about this quake? Is it a good stretch away from fault lines?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Paganarchangel. didn't see your post until I had posted mine. I think you have the situation pegged. The constant barrage of "natural phenomenom {spelling error}", hitting the New Madrid Fault Zone area is just beyond the normal weather paterns. I would be interested in seeing the remarks of weathermen who have been in this area for 20-30 years, trying to understand or even noticing the high concentration of reaccurring weather systems that are targeting th New Madrid Zone. Sorry, my spelling is #*?&% tonight.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

All of those are normal, earthly natural diasters, most of which, occur in spring time and as for the quakes...happened on the RING OF FIRE.

Good god.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallblondealien
Paganarchangel. didn't see your post until I had posted mine. I think you have the situation pegged. The constant barrage of "natural phenomenom {spelling error}", hitting the New Madrid Fault Zone area is just beyond the normal weather paterns. I would be interested in seeing the remarks of weathermen who have been in this area for 20-30 years, trying to understand or even noticing the high concentration of reaccurring weather systems that are targeting th New Madrid Zone. Sorry, my spelling is #*?&% tonight.

I'm afraid that I have not kept up with the weather patterns..but I was wondering what with all of the rain down there I wouldn't be suprised if it loosened things up a bit. It doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon - its pretty well saturated down there.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JustXeno

the only way my mind can handle our thoughts actually affecting how things flow is that some where deep inside of "US" there is a singularity point were we and everything are all connected there is only one thing just divided out as many times as it is need to produce the universe as we know it. So when one part of this thing, a human, has a thought it would then send a signal to this thing's mind were it would then proccess the thought one of us humans had.

look at as the human body we have cells that send our brain signals that fire is hot don't touch it and stufff like that.
ya so that peerty far off in my opion but its the only way I can actually think about it and try and get based the 'basic idea of it'. Every other way I try to understand it I just can't get past the point of humans being special, that a few of our thoughts out way all of the universe. How many thoughts are we as a human race competing with? I do believe out thoughts influnce our personal lives but other things I'm not sure off.

with what i believe it would have to go both ways the this thing protects us and also alows bad things to happen but not purposely. We as humans take risk all the time and some times we injure ourselves but we didn't intend to injure ourselves and thats how I come up with what i believe happens with out thoughts.

maybe idk?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Where are y'all finding the earthquake info so fast? Intellicast has it listed as a 6.8. Just wondering were to find the updates. Thanks in advance for any help

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Seriously, are some of you sitting home tracking disasters? Aren't earthquakes somewhat common? Do I have this right? Someone predicted a disaster on a particular date and you're trying to make the pieces fit. OK, now do you need a specialized controller or software to play this?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

why worry about what others do just relax and do whatyou do. still its weird at times how people can be cought up into anything.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
why are people complaining about this post? a 7.0 is a big earthquake and people make posts when a 2.0 or 3 .0 happens, so i don't know if some of you just want posts about 8.0+ earthquakes.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I dont want everyone to die either, i just want to know if were all crazy or not

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kman420
reply to post by Lionhearte

I dont want everyone to die either, i just want to know if were all crazy or not

That's exactly the way I feel. I'm not saying the sky is falling just allot of weird things going on at once. I think the only prudent thing to do is at least ask questions. Has any one else seen the stuff about the solar activity going on tomorrow as well. Just a little more fuel to the fire so to speak.....

youtu.be...

This clip may or may not be relevant, but something to think about

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

and was it yesterday that Christ church in New Zealand had a 5.? magnitude aftershock..? craziness and how sad =(

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
14 quakes in all in that area.
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...
first big one 6.8
then 2 seconds later 7.1 ?
that would be a very good way to make big waves.
do two earth quakes one after the other.
second one pushes the first.
and its about the same distance as Japan !
lets see how big a wave hits Australia?

Hay! moomoo750 use the link in my post!
edit on 11-5-2011 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I can not find this in the news?

I found out what coursed this earth quake.
"Man dies in jump from world's tallest building"
news.blogs.cnn.com...

yes I know I can be sick some times.
live in this world long and...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Ring of fire looks very active right now with 5.0 quakes and above

this area near Austrailia looks particularly active along it's fault lines
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
north new zealand just got hit by a 5.3
I hope my sisters ok.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Ok seriously, what is ATS becoming? I hate it when interesting threads like this go out of control because some frustrated people decide to sit on the thread and start taking the debate to a personal level. I hate it when people try to get stars with their stupid one liner. I hate the "anti-fear-mongerers" who take pleasure in calling fear-mongerer to everyone being interested in Earth disasters. I hate seeing how many people here are still sheeples filled with beliefs and anger instead of people chasing the truth.

ATS used to be a very cool place, but now I feel it's starting to look like a garbage. I wish the mods would make sure the rules are respected...

I personally think the Ring of Fire has been particularly active since a couple of weeks, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a somewhat bigger quake than 7.1 occuring this month. I'm a little bit surprised of the swarm of quakes that have occured at the Phillipines, didn't see that coming. It really look like it's building up...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Originally posted by Ghost375
you aint seen nothin yet

Its almost like you guys WANT the world to explode.

and nothing will come about this earthquake.

Actually, for me its like a " I am soooo ready to go home, I don't want to be here anymore, and I'm tired of turning on my T.V. and hearing about all the earthquakes, nuclear plant mishaps, wars, murders, record floods, record tornadoes, economic collapse, mass animal deaths, drastic oil spills, hungry kids, fund cuts for the elderly and disabled, mad wildfires, etc. etc. etc......" This is not about freakin fear mongering, its about really being aware about whats going on in our world. I don't want to hear you tell me "oh its just that there is more sharing of information via technology." NO, I'm not buyin it, sorry. The word/s "record" in itself and " biggest" and "most extreme ever seen in my lifetime" is not something that is a product of MSM. Its fact. I'm not saying the world is going to end in a year or nothing, but come on, WAKE UP, our earth and its inhabitants are experiencing a lot of devastation right now.

This opinion of mine does not mean that the above mentioned EQ is some horrible disaster since I don't know what the repercussions of it has been yet, I know nothing about the area since I suck at Geography, but to say that every time someone is aware of large earthquakes which seem to be happening more frequently then ever, or as my professor would say "increase in activity 10 fold just this year" doesn't mean its a freakin fear mongering thread. Mind you, yes there are some that are, but it is good to stay informed of the seismic activity going on right now, especially in my part of the country since I live right on the west coast.

So, to the OP, thank you for letting me know about this EQ, I hope all is well with everyone in that area!
Peace,
Marriah

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join