It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.1 - LOYALTY ISLANDS 2011 May 10 08:55:06 UTC

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by marriah3330

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Originally posted by Ghost375
you aint seen nothin yet

Its almost like you guys WANT the world to explode.

and nothing will come about this earthquake.

Actually, for me its like a " I am soooo ready to go home, I don't want to be here anymore, and I'm tired of turning on my T.V. and hearing about all the earthquakes, nuclear plant mishaps, wars, murders, record floods, record tornadoes, economic collapse, mass animal deaths, drastic oil spills, hungry kids, fund cuts for the elderly and disabled, mad wildfires, etc. etc. etc......" This is not about freakin fear mongering, its about really being aware about whats going on in our world. I don't want to hear you tell me "oh its just that there is more sharing of information via technology." NO, I'm not buyin it, sorry. The word/s "record" in itself and " biggest" and "most extreme ever seen in my lifetime" is not something that is a product of MSM. Its fact. I'm not saying the world is going to end in a year or nothing, but come on, WAKE UP, our earth and its inhabitants are experiencing a lot of devastation right now.

This opinion of mine does not mean that the above mentioned EQ is some horrible disaster since I don't know what the repercussions of it has been yet, I know nothing about the area since I suck at Geography, but to say that every time someone is aware of large earthquakes which seem to be happening more frequently then ever, or as my professor would say "increase in activity 10 fold just this year" doesn't mean its a freakin fear mongering thread. Mind you, yes there are some that are, but it is good to stay informed of the seismic activity going on right now, especially in my part of the country since I live right on the west coast.

So, to the OP, thank you for letting me know about this EQ, I hope all is well with everyone in that area!
Peace,
Marriah

I want to go home too. Everyday I ask the above to come down. That's new for me.
Yet I feel that all that is is our collective fault. We choose to allow everything. We need to take care of mother today!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Loyalty Island has been hit by a few more today along with New Zealand getting a few too! That area surely is rocking quite a bit since yesterday! I really do hope it all calms down quick ...

Type: Earthquake
104 minutes ago
Magnitude: 4.9
DateTime: Wednesday May 11 2011, 06:46:15 UTC
Region: Loyalty Islands, New Caledonia
Depth: 42 km

2 hours ago
Magnitude: 5.3
DateTime: Wednesday May 11 2011, 06:11:27 UTC
Region: east of the North Island of New Zealand
Depth: 42.6 km

3 hours ago
Magnitude: 4.8
DateTime: Wednesday May 11 2011, 04:37:30 UTC
Region: North Island of New Zealand
Depth: 81.6 km

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Same here, not everyday, but most days il think "i just want to go home". Its not just "i want to get out of here" or anything like that, i really think " i just want to go home" it just comes out like that.

This world is a terrible place man.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamesprototype
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Same here, not everyday, but most days il think "i just want to go home". Its not just "i want to get out of here" or anything like that, i really think " i just want to go home" it just comes out like that.

This world is a terrible place man.

I hope this place called earth becomes our home, and that we can become part of the Natural system.
I also lost ego, ambition to achieve something in this society(the construct). I just want to be free. I just hope some unified thing will break us free world wide, and we stand as one. Or else I want to leave this planet for real.

What is life?
What is the goal of our individual journey?
What is most important?

Money/religion/governments had nothing to do with the above.

I just hope that mother earth notices that there are people worth of staying on this planet.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by marriah3330

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Originally posted by Ghost375
you aint seen nothin yet

Its almost like you guys WANT the world to explode.

and nothing will come about this earthquake.

Actually, for me its like a " I am soooo ready to go home, I don't want to be here anymore, and I'm tired of turning on my T.V. and hearing about all the earthquakes, nuclear plant mishaps, wars, murders, record floods, record tornadoes, economic collapse, mass animal deaths, drastic oil spills, hungry kids, fund cuts for the elderly and disabled, mad wildfires, etc. etc. etc......"
Marriah

That's how I feel too...I feel like I am in a foreign land where everything (including myself at times) is backwards and I just want it all to stop.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Another 4.9 and 5.1 just hit the same exact spot.

That seems like a good sign, maybe those are just the after-shocks and there wont be a 9.0 like in Japan?

edit on 11-5-2011 by demonseed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

There has been 19 quakes in 2 days near Loyalty Islands with a magnitude between 4.8 and 7.1
Something is definitely happening there.

edit on 11/5/2011 by NeoCharm because: grammar

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoCharm

On 25 December 2003, an extended sequence of some 270 earthquakes commenced in the Loyalty Islands, located in the southeastern corner of the French territory of New Caledonia. The sequence included three large shocks, an M 6.8 foreshock on 26 December, an M 7.3 main shock on 27 December, and an M 7.1 earthquake on 3 January 2004 that was part of an aftershock series that essentially terminated on 13 January

You are correct when you say something is definitely happening there but as you can see it is something that has happened before and I am sure will happen again

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but, China had a M 7.? a week before the 9.9 hit. So, anything is possible...keep your eyes open.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

There was one predicted for Rome on this day apparently by an Astronomer back in the early 1900's... guess we'll have to wait till the day is over.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a few minor ones so far today in Italy

11.05.2011 16:40:14 2.6 Europe Italy Geraci Siculo
11.05.2011 12:40:10 2.2 Europe Italy Ferla
11.05.2011 08:30:20 2.8 Europe Italy Masseria Cunazzo
11.05.2011 05:20:35 3.0 Europe Italy Casa Fallico
11.05.2011 05:20:43 2.0 Europe Italy Casa Fallico

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Italy, Japan, Loyalty Islands and West Coast US....all have been showing very active lately on the richter scales...Something big is building up, that we cannot deny. But, who knows when or how big the "Big One" will hit. We just have to wait and see, unless someone has figured out how to predict EQ's.....
edit on 11-5-2011 by anjl32 because: incorrect spelling

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

Actually the quake was about 6.8. Which is big, but not Japan big. Not even close in comparison. Japan would have been over a thousand times stronger, and honestly, the loyalty islands are out in the middle of nowhere.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
In regards to catyclismic earthquakes....

What can we do to prevent them from happening? ----- Nothing.....They have happened long before we ever set foot on this planet and I'm pretty sure they are not going to stop now.

When can we know this will happen?---- Never. .... Unless you are going to let me know what day and time to expect these events will take place. Don't try anything else is a guess. I mean there will be some time frames of increased probablility but you are still just guessing.

Where will it take place? Anywhere..... This planet we sit upon is a living thing. It moves and changes everywhere. Sure there are areas that move more than others but if you can let me know where not to be, let me know.

Who is going to die?- Everyone.... This brings up the whole crux of my reason for replying this thread. Hello.... I have a little secret, (don't tell anyone please), you are not immortral! I know this will shock many of the younger readers here on ATS but it's true we are all going to die at some point. Are you ready? I am not encouraging you to go out and increase your level of "risky" decisions, (although that is totaly up to you). Please think about what happens to you after that bag of bones and fluid no longer keeps you tied to this planet. I have my own theory but that is a whole nother thread.

Why is this going to happen? Who knows.... There are lots of guesses to the why but lets no digress. Really I think that discussion belongs in some other forum.

Conclusion... ( I know... Get to the point!)

Be prepared not scared!

Be informed not impulsive!

Deny Ignorance!

And if anyone can answer the before mentioned questions feel free to send me a personal message with next weeks winning lottery numbers.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoCharm
reply to post by faryjay

There has been 19 quakes in 2 days near Loyalty Islands with a magnitude between 4.8 and 7.1
Something is definitely happening there.

edit on 11/5/2011 by NeoCharm because: grammar

Yeah, some earthquakes. You posted the evidence of it.
Is there something else happening?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
do you see the aftershocks? they are like 5.8s and stuff thats like the aftershocks for haiti.
HAARP also i'm a time traveller look at when i edited it
edit on 2021/25/12 by misterbananas because: (no reason given)

edit on 2011/11/5 by misterbananas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If you notice....all of these recent earthquakes are happening along points located within the Pacific Ring of Fire...coincidence?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If any of you folks have a smartphone, get an earthquake app.... you'd be surprised how many earthquakes we actually get. Anytime there is a big earthquake, it usually shows lower magnitude foreshocks that increase until the earthquake hits. Before japan got hit there were foreshocks for four days prior to it being hit. This isn't some sort of conspiracy im talking about, its common sense ... If there are smaller tremors that are slowly building in intensity, something is probably going to happen.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Worlds natural disasters are on the up, and in my opinion will climax 2012. just seems a little odd how often disasters are happening now

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hmm it's been downgraded to a 6.8 ..

There's only 134 earthquakes of this magnitude every year, seeing one like it in the middle of nowhere can only mean one thing.

WE ARE ALL DOOMED

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join