It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Event Not Predicted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
It does not matter whether Bin Laden was actually killed or not. Or even if he was there or not. Or even if the US had a mission there or not. The bottom line is that an event took place that had repercussions around the world and was reported around the world. We are still having fallout from that event a week later and it is still in the news.

So my question is : why hasn't such a worldwide event been predicted? I would have expected this forum to be full of at least a vague "I think something important in the middle east will happen next week". Nothing.

Anybody can predict known occurances such as floods, earthquakes, planes crashing, wars etc etc. These are guaranteed to occur and anybody can retrofit the vague prediction to the actual event. But when it comes to, "irregular" one off events such as the Bin Laden killing you cannot retrofit vague predictions.

In my opinion it is the lack of prediction of one off worldwide events that shows that predictions are nothing more than vague guesses for known common occurances.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Earthquakes can be predicted because events always precede an Earthquake; animal behavior, magnetic shifts, etc.

Events like these can not be predicted, per se, because this was a random announcement that had no hints preceding it.

ALTHOUGH, if you were watching FOX, Geraldo seemed pretty giddy before the announcement was made because, as he stated, "it may be about Osama Bin Laden."

So there's your prediction.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Because it didn't really happen and was just theater.
Besides I think you've fooled yourself into believing that this event was more important than it is.
Prediction is an interesting thing because sometimes it is given to us and sometimes it is taken.
When it is taken it is usually false because it comes from ego or a misunderstanding.
When it is given, it is always for everyone's highest good.
It is rarely given because ego usually gets in the way.
Sometimes it is given and not understood because it is not time for it yet (that is to say that sometimes predictions are given before their time and the temporal markers aren't interpreted correctly.)
That doesn't mean that all prediction is BS.
That also doesn't mean that all prediction is correct.
That is what discernment is for.
Discernment doesn't dismiss everything out of hand because it is not understood, it sifts to find the truth.

edit on 10-5-2011 by coyotepoet because: fleshing out point

new topics

join