It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student gives bus driver 2 guns while getting off bus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Student gives bus driver 2 guns while getting off bus

www.wbtv.com

A Northeast Middle School student getting off the bus on Monday handed two guns over to their bus driver, a spokesperson with Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools said.
The incident occurred at the bus stop at Reedy Creek Road and Harrisburg Road on bus number 1341.

The Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department confirmed the guns were real and both of them were loaded.
The boy is in 7th grade and witnesses say he wanted to go to Washington to shoot government officials.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
First off, kudos to the bus driver for handling the situation very well and ensuring nobody was hurt here.
Slightly disturbing that such a young person allegedly has motives to want to kill government officials, although I believe he should be interrogated to find out what exactly his motives were. I would also be curious as to where a 7th grader got his hands on 2 weapons, one which was loaded. Most likely they are the parents firearms and he accessed them at home.

Police say the 7th grader will be charged with eight counts of kidnapping and two counts of possession of a weapon on school grounds

I am not familiar with the laws in Carolina relating to young offenders, I assume he will get juvenile detention?

www.wbtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-5-2011 by Isildur1 because: quoting another snip from the article

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
You can bet that poor kid's dad is going to get the interrogation of a life-time.

Way to go Jr.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Sounds like this kid spent way too much time on ATS, lol.

Seriously, though, I hope they don't go too hard on the kid. Afterall, although what he said/did was very wrong, he is only a 7th grader, probably 12 or so. I know it sounds cliche, but kids that age often don't realize that what they do can have a tremendous effect on their own lives and the lives of others. I hate to see things like this happen.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This kid is facing some serious charges. I am happy the situation ended non-violently. I am curious about what further details will be released about this incident.

edit on 10-5-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: removed wild speculation

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

Actually in NC there is a safe storage law. If the guns belonged to the parents they could be looking at jail time. Since no one was hurt they probably will be looking at less severe punishment. However, they probably will be losing their ability to buy or sell a gun legally in NC.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Kudos to the bus driver for keeping calm and resolving it in a way where nobody was injured..
Find it very curious a boy that age choosing to go after government officials - not exactly something that most kids think of.. Have a feeling theres more to the story but doubt it will be publicised.. S&F

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
What really grinds my gears about this is...

"Not one of us gotten a phone call," CMS parent Jimmy Hawk said. "About this incident. I don't need to find out about it on the news."

What the hell. I hate people like this. Derp Derp, i didn't get a phone call. Yeah because obviously you getting your phone call about your kid. I mean they are riding the bus, either the parents don't care to pick them up or can't, how do they expect a phone call to make any damn difference.

As someone said in the comments....

attendance records, bus number, children on the bus, phone numbers of parents, accurate phone numbers of parents and make the calls? Obviously just a little less time than it takes for news crews monitoring police radios to show up on scene.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Oh yeah punish the kid for the doing the right thing, remember he DIDNT shoot anyone regardless of his intentions. He knew he was about to do something wrong and did the adult thing about it. Meanwhile kids who do far worse (I mean stab, burn, shoot, you name it) get handouts from the state and treated like daddys little buttercup in the hope they don't do it again.

No wonder the world is screwed up with this mentality.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
reply to post by CodeRed3D

Actually in NC there is a safe storage law. If the guns belonged to the parents they could be looking at jail time. Since no one was hurt they probably will be looking at less severe punishment. However, they probably will be losing their ability to buy or sell a gun legally in NC.

That's even worse. Well if the child was spouting out statements about killing governmental officials, I assume the interrogator will point their fingers at the parents as a possible terrorist suspects.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The parents are screwed for sure... I don't know any kids that think of politics; or very few. None that I know of. I wouldn't be surprised if the parents are anti-government due to lost jobs or something and have been just saying it at home...etc

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I applaud this young 7th grader for being smart enough to understand that our government officials need to in large part be removed. Bravo Young man!

The U.S Constitution gives us the right to bear arms for the express purpose of using them to overthrow our own government when it becomes corrupt and a harm to the people. Again, Bravo young man!

However - We just cannot go around on our own doing that which Is Right And Legal in the eyes of the Constitution without a little thought to the problem. You cannot threaten civilians or hold them hostage. That is not a right given to us by the Constitution, so you got yourself in trouble. Don't do that again.

But young man, stick to your guns and learn some wisdom and perhaps one day you may be a great leader to help overthrow this tyrannical illegal government.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by banandar123
Sounds like this kid spent way too much time on ATS, lol.

Seriously, though, I hope they don't go too hard on the kid. Afterall, although what he said/did was very wrong, he is only a 7th grader, probably 12 or so. I know it sounds cliche, but kids that age often don't realize that what they do can have a tremendous effect on their own lives and the lives of others. I hate to see things like this happen.

He probably messed his life up.

The government isn't nice. They don't play games.

Seriously I'd look guilty if I witnessed a crime. Just cause I'd run away.

I don't need that #.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Kudos to the bus driver for keeping calm and resolving it in a way where nobody was injured..
Find it very curious a boy that age choosing to go after government officials - not exactly something that most kids think of.. Have a feeling theres more to the story but doubt it will be publicised.. S&F

At his age (12ish) I was on ATS. XD

This site has been around a long time. (7+ years??) Lurker at the time though.

It's very possible that he bought some propaganda and decided to do something about it.

That or he was just off his rocker.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD
Oh yeah punish the kid for the doing the right thing, remember he DIDNT shoot anyone regardless of his intentions. He knew he was about to do something wrong and did the adult thing about it. Meanwhile kids who do far worse (I mean stab, burn, shoot, you name it) get handouts from the state and treated like daddys little buttercup in the hope they don't do it again.

No wonder the world is screwed up with this mentality.

It's true. The system is messed up.

Doing the honest thing isn't the right thing. Please lie. It's better for everyone.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

The U.S Constitution gives us the right to bear arms for the express purpose of using them to overthrow our own government when it becomes corrupt and a harm to the people. Again, Bravo young man! However - We just cannot go around on our own doing that which Is Right And Legal in the eyes of the Constitution without a little thought to the problem. You cannot threaten civilians or hold them hostage. That is not a right given to us by the Constitution, so you got yourself in trouble. Don't do that again.

I wish I could believe that that is what our forefathers had in mind but it seems a bit too far right. I guess it's likely that our forefathers actually had that in mind. It's just the fact that people use it to support over throwing our government...and it creeps me out.

If I revolution was led by the right...count me out. Not that we need a revolution. We need to be smart. We don't need violence in this day and age. Killing is obsolete as far as I'm concerned. (Or it should be. People seem to still think that killing solves their problems when in fact it only creates more.)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Yeah. Watching this on the local news last evening. The only thought that came to my head was, "Three more weeks of school left and he wants to pull this stunt?"

Like it was mentioned...I'd hate to be the kids' father. NC laws are pretty tough on this.

When I was 12, we just kept our firearms(shotguns and rifles) hanging in the closet. I had access to them anytime. Today is a different story. Kids aren't taught how to respect firearms or someones life.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
OK, something does not add up here. The first time I heard this the boy FOUND the guns on the bus and turned them over to the bus driver and ONLY one of the two was loaded. I found it odd the story has changed so much.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
So what this boy was really guilty of was possessing and handing over 2 guns in public?

He didn't really do anything wrong (at least not yet).

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isildur1... I believe he should be interrogated to find out what exactly his motives were.
A 12 year old does not need to be interrogated. Questioned yes, interrogated no.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join