It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus, Prophets and their words

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I would like to dedicate this tread and invite those that are really interested in the truth of prophesies, the original and possible meanings of the words spoken or written. This here should not be about what other people say, based on yet more other people . . .

As standard I would request the following:

1) Any new prophesy posted here MUST have the ORIGINAL wording in the ORIGINAL language.
2) After that you can add as many translations as you wish.
3) If you are quoting a source, please DO supply a working link to where you get the info from.
4) If YOU are commenting your own words, please say "I THINK" or something in that order.
5) Be polite, do accept criticism - that only prompts you to explain yourself better and do more in depth research.

Please let us create a research basis to work on and from.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
In explaining why I would insist on the original text I will give you a sample of Nostradamus which I have been re-working on last night. This is Quatrain 9-83.

Erika Cheetham version:
The sun in twenty degrees of Taurus, there will be a great earthquake
The great theatre full up will be ruined;
Darkness and trouble in the air, on sky and land
When the infidel calls upon God & the saints.

Henry C. Roberts version
The sun being in the 20th of Taurus, the earth shall so quake,
That it shall fill and ruin the great theatre;
The air, the heaven, and the earth shall be so obscured and troubled,
That unbelievers shall call upon God and his saints.

Both of these are quite near - but they are also very wrong. Here is the original French:

Sol vingt de Taurus si fort de terre trembler,
Le grand theatre remply ruinera:
L'air, ciel & terre obscurcir & troubler,
Lors l'infidelle Dieu & saincts voguera.

Which I would translate into:
Sun 20th of Taurus so strong ground tremble
The Grand theatre filled ruined:
The air, sky and land obscured and troubled/confused
Then Non-Christian God and holies will invoke

So if we look at the first two translators, they say there will be an Earthquake, but their days are different. One said 20 degrees into Taurus which points to very near the beginning. The other says the 20th day which could be more correct. Next the great theatre is or will be filled up and ruined. Etc.

So allow me to give you my reading of this quatrain.
On the 20th day since the sun rise in the constellation of Taurus (Here we have a problem, it could be Astrological Taurus or it could refer to the real time for Taurus which by cause of the Precision of the Equinoxes are now not the same anymore). The "terre trembler" could be earth (Small letter) or it could also mean LAND. Quite related but could have different applications. The grand (large, big, fancy or general) theatre that is filled (probably by people) will be ruined. The air, sky and land will be obscured and troubled. Something like large dust cloud possibly, low visibility, blockaded, full of trouble.

The non-Christians (Generally also seen from Muslim view that non-Muslim are infidels; but in this case we have to view from Nostradamus viewpoint 500 years ago where the Muslim's were seen as unbelievers in Jesus - this word was then often used) will invoke God and holy men.

Now I will attempt to apply this with my understanding:
When the sun rises for the 20th time in the constellation of Taurus (Unsure which exact Gregorian date) there will be a strong shaking of the earth (land). This will cause a big theatre (like building, stadium or like) which on that time will be full of people to collapse. The air will be filled with dust and smoke, confusion will be both in the sky and on land. People of non-Christian religion will invoke the name of God and holy men.

In Short: On that day there will be a Muslim extremist attack on a large gathering of people in a specific location, the building will be destroyed. The attackers will invoke God by " Haidar Allahu Akbar La ilaha ila lah Muhammad Rasulalah"

What I think? There could be a terrorist attack on a sports stadium filled with people. This will probably be Jihad, suicide and might be from the sky - aircraft. Is there such location - YES, unfortunately quite a lot that are potential targets? I picked a few which I think are high enough exposure and does take place in a "Theatre". Pick and watch!

11 May - Royal Windsor Horse show in London.
21 May - Rugby Heineken Final Cup at MILLENNIUM STADIUM
22 May - Roland Garros French Open - Tennis

LASTLY: Is it going to happen this year, next year or any year within the next 500 years? We do not know!
It could be an earthquake, it could be an volcano - all fit somewhat; but the last line points it rather to be a human made insident.

The Millennium stadium (Theatre) as it might look on 21 May 2011
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d21c0851d7d2.jpg[/atsimg]

The Roland Garros 'theatre' as it might look on 22 May 2011
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/263c5ae286ce.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Aromaz

Interesting translation differences, indeed. S&F for you mate.

Also, I had heard that because of the Italian scientist(?) who died so many years ago predicting a quake in 2011 - though I don't think he mentioned Italy specifically - people in Italy seem to be fleeing because of it, and could this "Great Theater" be the Coliseum?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
reply to post by Aromaz

Interesting translation differences, indeed. S&F for you mate.

Also, I had heard that because of the Italian scientist(?) who died so many years ago predicting a quake in 2011 - though I don't think he mentioned Italy specifically - people in Italy seem to be fleeing because of it, and could this "Great Theater" be the Coliseum?

You are quite correct in that. I also had the Colloseum on my list and on another ATS tread I did mention it.
It does make optional in case if there is for instance a volcanic erruption which will burry or fill the Colloseum.
Another issue is that there is no volcano very close to the Colloseum. An major earthquake for Itally has been on my list for a some time; more so since the latest increased activity and stronger shakes around the Eastern Med.

That in fact, they do expect tomorrow based on the prophesy of Raffaele Bendandi who died at age 88 years in 1979.
During his lifetime he correctly predicted 17 quakes in Itally - and the two major ones remaining are: 11 May 2011 and another much larger one 5/6 April 2012.

All of that is fitting in with the Quatrain - except there is nothing happening at the Colloseum for the present that qualify as 'filled with people'. BUT Maybe the 'being filled with land or ash could also be true. The other part of the quatrain that does not fit is the invoking of God and holy men by those that are infidels.

EDIT: Something was nagging in the back of my mind, so I checked it out: (Thank you Modern Internet!)
Raffaele Bendandi did predict only the MAJOR EARTHQUAKES and dates 11 May 2011 and 5/6 April 2012; he never defined the location. People accept it will be Italy because all his work and other predections were in Italy.
His calculations and observations was based on gravity of planets, moon and Sun within our solar system - including planetary/solar allignments.

edit on 10/5/2011 by Aromaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Aromaz

The Cannes film festival is going on from 11 - 22 May 2011... I'm just sayin'...odd coincidence.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jebediah
reply to post by Aromaz

The Cannes film festival is going on from 11 - 22 May 2011... I'm just sayin'...odd coincidence.

Interesting, I did miss that one. It is a MAJOR option, move to the TOP of my list!
Has the right exposure! Right description, location, time - and target value!
Expect 30,000 visitors!

It is in France - Nostradamus home country!
France is not loved by the North African Muslims!

USA, Spain, UK ? France?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Connecting the dots, one at a time

My attention is personally on California/New Madrid, but I guess I wouldn't rule out Italy or even Japan, as they are the most seismically active anyways. There's threads popping up about planetary alignments, prophecies from Nostradamus and Wilkerson and even Cayce, others listing the signs of a possible New Madrid quake, etc.. It just seems like the perfect time for an earthquake.

Well, we won't have to wait long now. It's the 10th already, going to be mid-day in Italy in a couple hours, so maybe a day. We'll see what happens..
edit on 10-5-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I might be talking out of my bum here, but wasn't the word "l'infidelle" also used to describe the unfaithful English??

(I distantly remember seeing the term used in the works of the Historian Jean Froissart to refer to the Lollard rebels but could be really wrong)

As I say I could be wrong.. But Nostradamus was alive during the period that England yet again turned away from the Roman Catholic church causing friction throughout Europe.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Time to order the Popcorn and Coke - but do not forget the prayer books.
Either many people will be vindicated; or the same will be shamed. The risk of talking about things that might happen in the future. I am honestly concerned, tomorrow I will not move from this computer!

There was a heck of a lot over the past decades about this day - 11 May 2011 stated by lots of people from all walks of life and all nations.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

You are absolutely correct. The English broke away from the Catholic to form their own Anglican Church that time if I remember correct was when King Henry wanted to divorce from Catherine and the Pope refused to allow him. So King Henry formed his own church - which today is still the Church of England. IF I remeber right King Henry's church came to be around 1530? Have to check later. The Pope then called them Unbelievers/Infidels.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Well we at least we won't have to wait long for this prediction.
Tomorrow is the day.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
i think he meant the 10th of may. as in sometime today. he mentions italy in a different quatrain, rome is supposed to be leveled by the earthquake.

the italian astronomer i think you're talking about was Raffaele Bendandi. he said he based his earthquake predictions off of planetary movements and alignments. his theory being that such alignments and some extra-planetary situations cause the plates to slip. he got the ones i saw right, i'm unsure if he missed any. on one, he was off by two days, but thats within acceptable margins in my book for basing predictions off of actual science, not a higher power telling him. regretfully, alot of his work was burned, and he was threatened with exile if he continued to predict earthquakes.

lots of people are fleeing italy right now because of this. they remembered that he was correct in his other predictions. for the may 11 earthquake Raffaele Bendandi predicted, he didn't give a location.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: corrected a date

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If Rome goes down... Well cheers from the extremists would be quite normal wouldn't you say? Vatican in Rome is quite the "central" what better than that being destroyed to cheer them up as called to be 'divine punishment' from their point of view on their rivals?

But as one mentioned there is another quatrain for Rome in itself wasn't there? So the Quatrain above in question could be quite possibly for something else like mentioned other than Italy. Are there Quatrains that work together in about same locality in time?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
For all seriously interested: Here is a link to a full copy of the written Nostradamus Quatrains in original French and reasonable English translation. Do not try to read it in one go, your brains will cook soup!

www.astrology-online.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
While on the valuable links:

Here is a link to a French-English Nostradamus Dictionary.
In this case the author did the effort of giving translations as it was applicable in the time of Nostradamus.
Thus locale and time appicable.

www.godswatcher.com...

I am now going to try and sleep.
. . . The sun is now really spiking seriously; one flare today the first in 7 days. Magnetic and electron flux near earth going off scale, solar wind increasing. In fact the magnetic flux has jumped the scale now 15+ nT!

. . . As if that is not enough, Loyalty islands had more than 11 earthquakes stronger than 4.7 in this past four hours!
So indeed did Japan shake up today again and two small quakes near Maldives?

Will keep one eye and one ear open, scared I miss something and my internet connection wil not work tomorrow!

edit on 10/5/2011 by Aromaz because: Add Link

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aromaz

Met-me-a-no-chi is a word, phrase, incomplete sentence, whole sentence, picture with no meaning, movie, book, a lie, a truth with no truth ,that if believed by a majority of humans depending on how powerful it is, will come true in the realm of this world as an event.
‘The last we recorded it takes 50million to 700mill to actually think something into this realm’
In some cases under 10 million.

High priest in ancient civilization was the first to understand, as they would gather humans to bring rain to help crops amongst other things needed at that time.

When you see the preachers on TV asking for healing of another person, they are trying to get those people in the room to believe that they have the ability to heal and in some cases it works.

Prophets back in the days didn’t really understand what they was doing, instead of ‘predicting the future they are creating the future’ .Nostradamus wasn’t predicting the future ,he was creating it as people in this time frame are basically bringing his predictions to life.

This is a lesser form of metmeanochi.

This is a higher metmenochi believed by 100million or better and what it created from the mind.

The Day After Tomorrow premiered in Mexico City on May 17, 2004 and was released worldwide from May 26 to May 28

The 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake was an undersea megathrust earthquake that occurred at 00:58:53 UTC on Sunday, December 26, 2004

Hurricane Katrina of the 2005 Atlantic hurricane season was the costliest natural disaster, as well as one of the five deadliest hurricanes, in the history of the United States.

This video of nostrum depicts the Scorpio, the sun ,and the Sagittarius.

Hillary Clinton is a Scorpio
Joe Biden a Sagittarius
And the sun sign Obama is the Leo

Just so happens the fish might be the president of North Korea as he is a Pisces…damn, come to think of it, Osama was a Pisces to, hmm, but any way! Prophets like nostodamous and others didn’t prophesize nothing, they are in adherently creating this destruction as you all think it into existence.

I know, because me and others have been derailing his prophecies for a very long time.

Stop believing in him,your only doing harm to your planet and time it self.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hi!

I followed this thread from a previous one. First of all, good rules! I hate paople trashing others views, it is why I hardly ever post. The info given is great (though I am a sceptic around good old Nostro), but your thoughts on a terrorist attack ring a little awry, in my own opinion. Let me explain. I am a teacher by trade, Classical Civilisations, a bit of English Language and meditation, and the first two subjects are what made me question the translation of "Theatre". I do not mean that it is an incorrect translation, as in lexis used, but in the meaning of the word. The "Theatre" we all know of today, did not truly exist until the end of the 16th century, just after Nostro's death. Actors (or players as they were termed) only stopped touring village greens and town centres to stay/use theatres at this time. In fact it is claimed that the first, true theatre as we now know it was Shakespeares "Globe". The previous, closest thing to a modern theatre was a Greek style Ampitheatre.
So what could the meaning be? Wiki says (and yes, not 100% reliable):

"The word comes originally from the Greek Theatron, meaning roughly, 'a place to behold'. In American English, the word 'theater' can mean either a place where films are shown (this is also called a cinema) or a place where live stage plays are performed. In British English, 'theatre' means a place where live plays are performed."

simple.wikipedia.org...

So does Nostro mean a 'a place to behold', or an Ampitheatre, or something resembling an ampitheatre OR does he mean a large crowd witnessing an event?

Any ideas?

CC

P.S. sorry for any mistakes in etiquette, not posted much!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyCloud

@CrazyCloud; you are most welcome. All that is needed here is open mind, willingness to debate, share and learn. Everybody's view must be respected - but do accept that it could be debated, questioned and defended. That is how we all learn and how we can observe the correctness or failure of our views. However such debate MUST BE POLITE. I like the Clasical Civilisations aspect a lot.

As for theatre; your statement completely accepted and it is in that understanding that I did originally pick the Millennium Stadium and Roland Garros - they do resemble the Amphitheatre to great extend. That is why I did add the photos above. The Canes Festival is because of location (France) and exposure.

Today my expected window on diaster open and I expect it to be 14 days (11 to 24 May inclusive). I just noticed this morning (we do not often have clear sky in Thailand) that we enter the 2nd quarter of the moon today; so this time period will be the 'shining' half of the moon cycle. No meaning, just observation. In the old days of South Africa the people believed the New moon brings rain, the Full moon brings babies. If it rains in Full moon time, it is usually bad rain the likes of hail and strong wind.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

My pet word for the same phenomena is "The 100th Monkey Effect". I do subscribe to that - very much. Yes human consciousness does certainly have a great contribution to future changes/incidents. I do very firmly believe that your fear calls the problem. BUT.

I personally doubt it will prescribe/control major solar and geophysical events. We could also see it from a different view: That the prophets and media are being guided (READ MindControl) to prepare the people for what is coming. From March to June so far Thailand see no less than eight new Alien related movies in cinema. If we are going to have an Alien incident would such be because of Consciousness Projection; or would the movies be a preparation of the people, possibly influenced by ET for such 'arrival'?

In relation to this Nostradamus quatrain. If a terrorist incident; then I do accept the human consciousness could be responsible.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Raffaele Bendandi's prediction does not have anything to do with Nostradamus.
Neither do I imply herewith that the Nostradamus Quatrian 9:83 is refering to earthquake.
Personally I still remain with sports arena and more likley terrorism.

I post this because there are a lot of wrong assumptions on Raffaele Bendandi and hope it will not damge his creditability. When a man made 22 predictions in a lifetime of 86 years and 17 of those comes true with a maximum of 2 days off-time - I would consider that reason to be worried when he has two predictions left and one those are suppose dto be today.

I apologize that I can't find any copy of the original scripts from Raffaele Bendandi - yet and might never because most of his work was destroyed by himself shortly before his death. I will still try to see what I can find. I trust this original copies will suffice to comply with my own restrictions about origin. I am still trying to decypher the written dates but Italian was never on my list of wnat to know! These docs and links was sent to me from another website user.

These are the two scraps of paper which is used to point to 11 March 2011 as destructive quake.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53b89f9b1be4.jpg[/atsimg]

The map on the left is a copy of the original map as drawn by Bendandi.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88d07d94a661.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 10/5/2011 by Aromaz because: Photo resize - Why so difficult?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join