It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 108 year old adored and respected Rabbi prophesies of coming Messiah..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
I have never heard about this, but I hope it is the truth. I have always thought that jews will go to hell since they don't believe in jesus, but this changes my mind. I think that any jew, true to the jewish religion, will be divinely notified of Jesus. Ariel Sharon is still alive and in a coma. So we will have yet to see.

Also, just thinking, it makes sense that such a followed, and well respected jew would be shown the light by Jesus. Who would disbelieve a man so beloved? (Religiously, and referencing only religious jews).
lol ,omg ..if there is a god it wont matter what cause you follow,i'm not religious,all religions are man made anyway,if your pure of heart and good in your everyday life thats what matters,to think that if you don't believe in Jesus Christ you will go to hell is a little naive, to say the least ,more people have died through different beliefs,i doubt god would approve of killing in the name of faith..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by davidgrouchy

“The revelation of the Messiah will be fulfilled in two stages: First, he will actively confirm his position as Messiah without knowing himself that he is the Messiah. Then he will reveal himself to some Jews, not necessarily to wise Torah scholars. It can be even simple people. Only then he will reveal himself to the whole nation. The people will wonder and say: ‘What, that’s the Messiah?’ Many have known his name but have not believed that he is the Messiah.”

That tells me Christians should be cautious of this Rabbi's prophecies. That is not at all how we believe Jesus will return.

We believe He will return as a supreme being- not as a human again. And of course Jesus would know who He is- He doesn't have some sort of epiphany later realizing He is the Messiah. And He will not reveal Himself to a select group- we are told He will return like lightning in the sky and everyone will see Him and know who He is.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read this as well, it sounds more like the way the antichrist will come to power. There will be no mistaking the return of Jesus:

"For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

He will return as Lord of lords and King of kings. No one will doubt or question who he is, not even the unbelievers:

"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;"

The antichrist on the other hand will be a man and will rise up from some unnotable position, and he will eventually pretend to "realize" he is God and will set himself up in the Jewish temple to be worshipped as God (the "abomination of desolation" mentioned in Rev). This sounds more like what this Rabbi foresaw. The Bible states that Jewish prophets will have false visions in the End Times:

"And it shall come to pass in that day, that the prophets shall be ashamed every one of his vision, when he hath prophesied; "

The Bible also states that the Jews will eventually come to realize that Jesus is indeed the Messiah:

"And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends. "

But unfortunately they will be brought through the Tribulation first, and 2/3 will be cut off before the final 1/3 is refined and calls upon God at last.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
When it doesn't happen do I get a cookie?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
Are you sure there is a messiah?????????
Thought not as you have no proof.
Do you have a link to prove that one such fantasy exist.
Thought not.
So when you find some proof ask me that question again. But...... you wont and you cant. So.....

Here's just one link for you, there are many out there should you choose to look:

Was Jesus a real person?

There's plenty of evidence for God and Jesus. Very, very few people argue that Jesus didn't exist, even many atheists readily acknowledge he did although they will debate His significance (most will say he existed, but was just a really great speaker and nothing more). People who believe could cite mountains of evidence including unquestionable events in our own lives that demonstrate the Lord's intervention, but it will never be enough for those who have already decided not to believe. I don't waste my time trying to convince atheists, the Bible says that God will send a strong delusion to unbelievers in the End Times:

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

I believe this explains why so many atheists are so steadfast in their unbelief, they've already been given over to the lie that there is no God. This is just another sign of how late the hour is.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm just going to come out and say this....

If ariel sharon dies between now and May 21st, I just might Sh*t my pants!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Lol this is pretty funny, I actually spoke to the RABBIS family and asked them if they ever herd about such a letter, They looked at me like they had no idea what I'm talking about, One of the great grand kids told me they never heard of such a letter. SO THIS IS A FALSE RUMOR. AND THE NAME IN THE VIDEO SAYS YEHOSHUA WHICH IN THE TORAH (THE OLD TESTAMENT) IS JOSHUA, LOL PICK UP A TANACH GUYS YOULL SEE HIS NAME THERE.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

There's plenty of evidence for God and Jesus. Very, very few people argue that Jesus didn't exist, even many atheists readily acknowledge he did although they will debate His significance (most will say he existed, but was just a really great speaker and nothing more). People who believe could cite mountains of evidence including unquestionable events in our own lives that demonstrate the Lord's intervention, but it will never be enough for those who have already decided not to believe. I don't waste my time trying to convince atheists, the Bible says that God will send a strong delusion to unbelievers in the End Times:

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

I believe this explains why so many atheists are so steadfast in their unbelief, they've already been given over to the lie that there is no God. This is just another sign of how late the hour is.

Well said! These things are spiritually discerned, and as an ex-atheist, I'm glad I never lost my belief in Truth. For those of you who do not believe, there is good reason to believe, but you will just about have to change your ways before you can know what those reasons are. I have a saying, "For those who know, and have seen with their own eyes, no further argument is necessary. For those who do not know, and do not want to see, no amount of further argument is sufficient."

Laz

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Jesus = the Sun

The Powers that Be are scrambling to maintain their power in the coming age.

Sorry, but you cannot stop metaphysics.

That's like stopping women's rights without the help of religion.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by steven704

For a Rabbi to claim that Jesus is the Messiah is a huge deal. He knew the scriptures inside and out. So, it had to take a very real personal experience for him to go totally against his belief that the Messiah had not yet come.
It is like Saul, on the road to Damascus, to kill Christians. In one moment he changed his belief system because of an encounter with Jesus. He was a highly respected leader determined to kill Christians and their gospel. After Jesus spoke with him personally, he became one of Jesus' greatest leaders.

A study of the Old Testament shows that Jesus fullfilled every Messianic prophecy.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This GUY "Missed"

The Messiah Already Came...

He was Killed by the US.

The old man had part of it right, but his intellectual interpretation was off. In the names listed, the name is revealed, but it is not what anyone will be able to figure out unless they drop all preconceived dogmas and personal projections.

Ok thats all I have to share, I am out of here!!!

edit on 10-5-2011 by antar because: Edit to add

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If it's real and the Messiah isn't already dead, must be a hell of a burden on whoever it turns out to be.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
seems to me he's just coming forth as a messianic jew.
finally, at 108 he's out of the closet.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by annvan

LOL he definitely didn't fulfill all the prophecies of the OT, christians even claim that he only fulfilled a few but the rest he will do at the 2nd coming. Where in the OT does it talk about 2 comings of |The Messiah Ben David. You know what I can prove to you that i am The Messiah ask me anything and I'll prove it, come on tell me, maybe raise the dead bring the temple, tell me and I'll prove it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TikkunAlex

We actually believe He fulfilled a couple hundred during His time on Earth. Not just 'a few.'

We also believe He fulfilled Daniel's prophecy that foretold the coming of the Messiah down to the very year.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
this is awesome. good find!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Please quote me the verse in Daniel where Daniel actually says the messiah will come at a certian date, then look at the |Tanach and read what will happen at the time when the real messiah will come, which is talking about Elijah the prophet coming before he comes, prophecy will be restored, ect.... I have the Tanach in front of me in Hebrew, so please do tell me this. I will point you what it is truly saying.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I just read Daniel 9 in the Tanach and in your KJV of the Bilbe and the translation is wayyyyy off. First of all Nowhere in Daniel 9, does it say the Word Moshiah (Messiah) and when it uses the word for prince is referring to Cyrus, and this can be found again in Isaiah 45:1, 13; Ezra 1:1-2. King James Version disregards the Hebrew punctuation. The punctuation |mark 'atnach functions as the main pause within a sentence. The 'atnach is the appropriate |equivalent of the semicolon in the modern system of punctuation. It thus has the effect of |separating the seven weeks from the sixty-two weeks: ". . . until an anointed one, a |prince, shall be seven weeks; then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again . . ." (9:25).
By creating a sixty-nine week period, which is not divided into two separate periods of |seven weeks and sixty-two weeks respectively, Christians reach an incorrect conclusion, |i.e., that the Messiah will come 483 years after the destruction of the First Temple.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
He's a liar.
There is no messiah.

You are 100% correct, do the research and you'll find out the truth.

Start reading and chasing down some so called "other scenarios" about who we are, where did we come from".

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Why would I believe in something a human claims to be true?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Originally posted by TikkunAlex
reply to post by AshleyD

I just read Daniel 9 in the Tanach and in your KJV of the Bilbe and the translation is wayyyyy off. First of all Nowhere in Daniel 9, does it say the Word Moshiah (Messiah)

25 Know therefore and discern, that from the going forth of the word to restore and to build Jerusalem unto one anointed, a prince, shall be seven weeks; and for threescore and two weeks, it shall be built again, with broad place and moat, but in troublous times.

Messiah:

A messiah (Hebrew: מָשִׁיחַ, Modern Mashiaẖ Tiberian Māšîăḥ “anointed”)

en.wikipedia.org...

Daniel 9:25 In Hebrew:

כה וְתֵדַע וְתַשְׂכֵּל מִן-מֹצָא דָבָר, לְהָשִׁיב וְלִבְנוֹת יְרוּשָׁלִַם עַד-מָשִׁיח נָגִיד--שָׁבֻעִים, שִׁבְעָה; וְשָׁבֻעִים שִׁשִּׁים וּשְׁנַיִם, תָּשׁוּב וְנִבְנְתָה רְחוֹב וְחָרוּץ, וּבְצוֹק, הָעִתִּים.

www.mechon-mamre.org...

Again, that is what Christians believe. Yes, Jews interpret that differently. If they believed Jesus fulfilled the messianic prophecies, or if Christians believed He didn't, we probably wouldn't have two separate religions.

It looks very clear to me, as a Christian, that 'annointed' [messiah] is in that passage. We do not believe it pertains to Cyrus, as I am sure you know, according to Jewish interpretations.

Then, after the sixty-two weeks, Mashiach will be cut off and have nothing. The people of a prince yet to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary, but his end will come with a flood, and desolations are decreed until the war is over.

LINK

So the 'anointed one' (The Messiah, we believe to be Jesus) will be 'cut off' (an idiom for killed, which we believe He was crucified). Then the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and sanctuary (this happened in 70 AD- after Jesus/the Messiah was cut off/killed- when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the temple.
edit on 5/10/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join