It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOOO! Microsoft close to $8.5 billion dollar deal for Skype

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This is bad....

A deal would give Microsoft access to the more than 600 million users globally who take advantage of Skype to make free voice and video calls over the Internet.

Oh, but wait. The fun doesn't stop there:

Skype apparently will be integrated into Microsoft’s Windows Live and other online communications efforts in both the consumer and enterprise arenas, according to All Things Digital.

msnbc.com

The march towards being dominated by a handful of all-powerful Elite corporations continues. This is terrible news indeed as it goes to show that we are being herded into having to succumb to companies that don't have our best interests at heart in order to access the products and services we want. Microsoft is, in my opinion, one of the most distasteful monopolies on Earth. I don't relish the idea of eventually finding myself being controlled, along with all of my personal details, by a giant totalitarian Corporate State. As if we weren't already....

I want to have choice and this is just one more example of how our ability to decide which companies we want to be associated with is being taken away from us slowly while we are too busy watching stupid YouTube videos and sucking down microwave fajitas in front of the Sunday football games.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingJadeDragon
... while we are too busy watching stupid YouTube videos

The Youtube, that is owned by megacorporation Google.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Best advice is to stick to sites like ATS.
Most networking sites, at least the big ones, get sold out real fast.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
So our goverment is being negligent by not handling this outright monoplistic power grab here, I mean if the AT&T and T mobiile thing was not bad enough we have this now. It looks like the movie Ultraviolet and the game shadowrun are not that far off. (even though I really didn;t like that movie)

top topics

join