It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests break out in Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Protests break out in Mexico

www.pbs.org

RAY SUAREZ: Finally tonight, the ever more deadly war against the drug cartels in Mexico took a new turn this weekend, as Mexicans went to the streets to protest the violence.

Margaret Warner has that story

MARGARET WARNER: The protests began last Thursday, when a few hundred people set out on a march from the resort city of Cuernavaca south of Mexico City. They were led by revered poet Javier Sicil
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10-5-2011 by Chesster because: Stupid web codes

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Looks like there might be some seeds of revolution in our Neighbor to the south. Let's wish them the best of luck, as there safety affects us. Obviously a good portion of the population is tired of the violence. Let's do what we can so the good people can have their country back, before we end up losing ours to the plague of cartel violence.

www.pbs.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I thought they where always protesting down there...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Here's hoping that the people turn against the cartels and kick some butt!

Realistically though I wonder if the government will take heed and make some positive actions to solve this ongoing problem, or if this will just get swept under the rug never to be heard of again after the police show up with teargas.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatIveSeen

Here's hoping that the people turn against the cartels and kick some butt!

The best way to beat the drug cartels would be by legalizing all drugs.

Then honest citizens can become entrepreneurs and start their own businesses.

Eventually, the violent drug lords will be put out of business and will no longer have the funds or influence to terrorize people.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Chesster

Check-out this thread!

Yikes!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Good for them! Someones gotta protest because the US Gov doesn't care! The Gov allows the contributing to them. It's all in Mexicos hands now.
Banks not paying price of role in drug trade: Here

Banks and laundering from mexican drug cartels

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Ya.. I might of done drugs in my life, and to be honest 100% of all interactions with people was awesome, and chill. No war, fighting none of that. It's just an underground market to get them here. It's funny once they are in the states its nice people selling them for the most part you have to be business savvy to sell drugs, and violence is bad business. But down there it's worth for them to risk it all to just get it across that stupid border. Besides like you said drugs should be legal, what's the worse that can happen? People overdose? And die? Still their choice of how they want to risk dying in my opinion. People should always be free

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

But would the drug cartels really want drugs to be legalized? If drugs where legalized and Taxed it would bring down the price dramatically. With the revenue you could have off of the taxes, i have no idea why we don't legalize it... If Mary Jane where legalized and taxed it could possibly provide free college and healthcare for everyone in the united states. Not to mention that Hemp helped us win WW2.. lol

edit on 10-5-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This is great.
As long as they stay there, and don't come here.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dwmjr1985

Oh trust me dude I know hemp for victory.
Hemp help me win a few battles in my day too. but yea to answer your questions, I think cartels are probably a good reason why the politicians take the opposite view that most of the public does. I assume there must be political contributions and black ops operations benefiting.

Plus if lets say heroin or its parent form opium were legal, then the vicodin market would plummet. SInce it's cheaper than a prescription of vicodin.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I have thought for years that the cartels have their hands in the pockets of our Politicians... Glad i'm not the only one. Big pharma would also take a big hit too, like you said.. Not just from Vicodin but Cannabis could help so many cancer patients while they are going through kemo. My wifes grandmother has no appetite and is in pain a lot, but cannabis is illegal in New York City......
edit on 10-5-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chesster
reply to post by dalan.

Besides like you said drugs should be legal, what's the worse that can happen? People overdose? And die?

Ok...the risk is little children dying as a result of people being high off their a$$.

Now, do you care to rescind that stupid statement? Perhaps a little child in your life needs to be affected for you to STFU and open your eyes.
edit on 10-5-2011 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I totally understand that my old man is in similar circumstance and he is brainwashed to think cannabis is bad by church, politicians, culture of being old...

I try to get him to smoke but he doesn't want too, but occasionally he will eat a brownie and relax... I just think he doesn't want to admit he was brainwashed.

By the way I am doing a documentary with a 35 year vet of police force who is exposing all this stuff. It's actually all true.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Umm Children have better access to illegal drugs... if they were legal they wouldn't be able to buy them. By the way my best friend passed away from heroin, so yea I know what drugs do. I just also know some people will die one way or another if their life is miserable enough.

Kids die cause of bad parenting not drugs.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chesster

Umm Children have better access to illegal drugs... if they were legal they wouldn't be able to buy them. By the way my best friend passed away from heroin, so yea I know what drugs do. I just also know some people will die one way or another if their life is miserable enough.

Kids die cause of bad parenting not drugs.

Dude grow up...Babies dont have access to drugs.

And bad parenting is a SYMPTOM due to illicit drugs being more legally accessible.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Not all churches are against it, but then again, the form of christianity that we have in its present form isn't really christianity. apparently there are some versus in the bible that advocate the use of it, but i'm to lazy to search for them and link it. But comon, i want the stuff Jesus was smokin, to be able to walk on water and all that stuff. Thats some premium grade A stuff..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Some legal drugs can do as much if not more damage than Illegal drugs. Look at Adderal, it is perscribe to kids left and right and it has the same thing as Speed. Just because a kid has a small attention span..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I'll introduce you to my guy
he ain't Jesus, but he is damn close like Paul.

Seriously Mj is like the princess of peace, any group that smokes together gets along great. The only trouble with drugs is the insane market value the black market places on it. That is the real cause of financial downfall. If it was prices and regulated properly like booze no drug would be an issue. People wouldn't have to steal to get high, or rob, or wage war.

THink about it if booze was priced like drugs half the population would be robbin banks. People should be free to experience reality any way they choose fit. If they want to smoke and watch a movie and thats it, thats fine. If they want to drop some acid and pretend to be a plant, awesome. If they want to smoke crack with Charlie SHeen and are not hurting anyone, let them be.

Sending people to jail for drugs is basically sending people to jail for fun. And that's just ludacris.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I do not think you realize what you are saying.. you said kids will die if drugs were legal, then you said kids do not have access to drugs after I pointed out my opinion...

So you agree and disagree with me?

Are you on drugs?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join