It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Awakened Unite! Pay if forward. Love a difference in the world now. Synchronicity beckons!

page: 1
10

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The point of this thread is simple: Share your desire to express love in this world by making one difference toward your fellow human being today. Speak with actions and then watch what happens. Determine in your heart at this minute to follow the Synchronicities offered by the universe. Find someone to express unmerited love to now; today; this second. Don't delay. Reply to this post and tell your story. Simply reply and pledge to change the world from the epicenter of ATS. Make this thread a ripple across time and space to dispel hatred for good. Be the change you want to see in the world.

Now that this is off my chest, let me share my own story. I noticed that my son was up tonight reading. I slipped in and we had a great conversation about life and some of the problems he had encountered last week with some friends. This was a moment that screamed with synchronicities. We both noticed as we conversed about various topics. It was obvious this conversation was much needed and something that would never be forgotten in a lifetime. I am constantly amazed how easy it is to change the world with only words of love and compassion. Nothing in life means more than knowing you had a part in someone's life.

I hope you consider participating. As the next few weeks pass, I'll share my own stories here as well.

Dhammapada

1. Choices

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you
As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.
We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with a pure mind
And happiness will follow you
As your shadow, unshakable.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Live with such thoughts and you live in hate.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Abandon such thoughts, and live in love.
In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispels hate.
This is the law,
Ancient and inexhaustible.


Why put this in Global Financial Meltdown you ask? Because money does not matter. Only love matters. Money will take care of itself. Render unto Obama what is Obamas. Render unto man love and peace.


edit on 10-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 


I do this every single day. The first benefit you will experience is that most people are really nice. By being nice to them opens up doors for you and your good will gets paid back double. If you do it long enough, your life will be filled with great people. We are addicted to love, the best drug out there =).



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
If someone is awake this will already be second nature to them. I appreciate your sentiment and intention though.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
The point of this thread is simple: Share your desire to express love in this world by making one difference toward your fellow human being today. Speak with actions and then watch what happens. Determine in your heart at this minute to follow the Synchronicities offered by the universe. Find someone to express unmerited love to now; today; this second. Don't delay. Reply to this post and tell your story. Simply reply and pledge to change the world from the epicenter of ATS. Make this thread a ripple across time and space to dispel hatred for good. Be the change you want to see in the world.

Now that this is off my chest, let me share my own story. I noticed that my son was up tonight reading. I slipped in and we had a great conversation about life and some of the problems he had encountered last week with some friends. This was a moment that screamed with synchronicities. We both noticed as we conversed about various topics. It was obvious this conversation was much needed and something that would never be forgotten in a lifetime. I am constantly amazed how easy it is to change the world with only words of love and compassion. Nothing in life means more than knowing you had a part in someone's life.

I hope you consider participating. As the next few weeks pass, I'll share my own stories here as well.

Dhammapada

1. Choices

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you
As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.
We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with a pure mind
And happiness will follow you
As your shadow, unshakable.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Live with such thoughts and you live in hate.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Abandon such thoughts, and live in love.
In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispels hate.
This is the law,
Ancient and inexhaustible.


Why put this in Global Financial Meltdown you ask? Because money does not matter. Only love matters. Money will take care of itself. Render unto Obama what is Obamas. Render unto man love and peace.


edit on 10-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)



I've been seeing unrelated threads posted in recent weeks. This is clearly psyops spamming.

It's the same as posting porn in forum as OP said "money does not matter" and "only love matters".



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I see his point. You're only allowed to perceive what you allow yourself to perceive. If you look for something, you will find it. You can test this out in any facet of your life. If you want to date a beautiful woman, start talking to beautiful women. You don't have to be Einstein to figure that out. Want to start a business? Go downtown and talk to the guys running the food stands. Make friends.

If we all perceive doom and destruction we will get that as well. Think of the times your in a bad mood, someone says something you don't like. You snap on them, situations escalate, you can feel it in your blood.

Awake people, are the people that know these factors.

Everyone is gonna die, even you, will die. So why speculate? While you're here, you might as well have a smile on your face. You cant be that bad off if your browsing ATS.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I was on a toll road once approaching the booths to "pay up".
As traffic slowed I hit my brakes but the guy behind me didn't notice fast enough.
Bang! Went my bumper as he slammed into me.
I got out to see if he was ok and he was very apologetic and also from out of state.
I have soft bumpers and my car is ancient anyway so I was willing to forgive a scratch on my car.
No need to call the cops I told him.
We shook hands and got back in our cars - he was still 8 hours from home at evening rush hour.
As I approached the toll booth I noticed he was behind me.
I gave the collector my toll and asked if I could pay for the car behind me.
Looking in my rearview I saw the confusion on his face then a smile as he waved at me..
You can make someone's day better and may only cost you 50 cents.



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion
 


What makes you think this is psychological propaganda? OP posted in the wrong place to make a point, granted it was unnecessary, but to make a valid point nonetheless.
Threads like this deserve more attention in my opinion, as what harm can come from spreading a message of love rather than the daily bombardment of fear that we usually get on these boards?



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
As I said in the OP, I would continue to post here regarding the original topic.

I am a music teacher. We had our Spring concert tonight and one of my seniors had a really emotional time as he was being recognized for his many accomplishments. When this student started band in 6th grade, he was definitely a troubled child. He was one of those students that could have easily been judged as a lost prospect for a disciplined environment such as a band class. The work that many of us did with him over the last seven years completely changed a life forever. Nearly in tears, he expressed his gratitude to myself, the Assistant director and the Middle School Principal for all we had done to give his life direction. Treating him with equality and showing him love along the way made all the difference. Was this love always merited along the way? Did he ever deserve it? None of us deserve the love that God teaches us to give back to others. Love is the key to changing the world and grace is God's unmerited favor back to us. Hate never dispels hate. Only love can dispel hate from the troubled mind.

1 Corinthians 13

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 


Well it's 01:00 am here right now and I am the only one home. But my husband is at work right now and I hardly ever text him at work. Therefore, I sent him a text to let him know that I love him. I love LOVE !!!!



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 



i am curious
what is your thought of the free will integrated in your view?

Thanks for sharing brother





posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
For me, at least, free will seems to be confined to the choice to believe and love. All other choices are met with the law of action and reaction. Anything we do always has a preprogrammed response from the laws that govern the universe. Do I make my hair grow? Do I activate the cones and rods in my eyes? Do I tell my stomach to digest food? I can make a choice to eat or not to eat, but this engages a response to my actions. Eventually, all things seek equilibrium. My only real choice is what I believe and how I apply this belief to my choices. Reactions are then set in motion by my actions. Fear and hate turns into more hate, ending at in suffering. Love cancels fear / hate and continues forward as reward. Love is the starting point for belief in God.

Life is all choice, chance and the actions of others. Chance is not probability, but God acting with providence in our lives. This providence then becomes the choice of God to point me in the direction of truth. At times, this pointing may be uncomfortable. Equilibrium must be upset for an object to change motion. We have the free will to engage our own choice, while we are equally affected by God's choice and the choices of others. Love and good will toward men guides the choices of others toward positive outcomes.

This is how we create heaven or hell by our choices. Not only can we create our own circumstances from our thoughts, we create lasting thoughts in others. We shape intention toward outcomes by our actions. These intentions create the sculpture of our past. LINK


Originally posted by zaper
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 



i am curious
what is your thought of the free will integrated in your view?

Thanks for sharing brother



edit on 13-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It would be interesting if we could follow the ripple effect from each choice we make and see how this moves across the world in a chain reaction. One Act of Random Kindness is like setting off a bomb.






Originally posted by katndew
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 


Well it's 01:00 am here right now and I am the only one home. But my husband is at work right now and I hardly ever text him at work. Therefore, I sent him a text to let him know that I love him. I love LOVE !!!!



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Great post, great poem. reminds me one day years ago my car broke down with a puncture. Sure enough a very good friend I had not seen in years waked by. Had I been angry I would not have even noticed her. I have a similar philosophy, dont ask God why is this happening to me, ask God why is this happenening for me. You dont have to tell God about your problem, tell your problem how big God is!

Love and Peace



new topics




 
10

log in

join