It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radar's & Rouge Nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Here's the scenario::

China's radar detects an anomaly coming from the middle east. It seems to be incoming from India. China, in panic mode has 3 minutes to launch a counter strike, they launch missiles to destroy the incoming threat. America detects this from Japan, they launch a strike on China thinking they are launching an attack. China fires back. A nuclear weapon is used on American bases in Japan.

What would happen if a rouge anomaly is detected on radar?? I wrote that little scenario to get you brain working haha I don't know if that would happen. But say China's radars go crazy, would they launch a counter strike or would they wait it out and see??

Remember that Russian guy who saved us from WW3?? Something like that..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

It would take less then 12 hours for all of that to go down......and honestly I can see something like that happening really soon. Probably in the next 2-4 years.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
that scenario doesn't even make sense. did you forget 9/11. america's defenses are so unorganized, that if russia knew this during the eighties they could have wiped america off the map with little casualties.

no one cares or knows what to do during emergencies in america. look at katrina, 9/11, california wild fires, texas tornadoes and mississippi floods.

edit on 9-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Rogue nuke - a possibility.

Rouge nuke - in makeup?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
that scenario doesn't even make sense. did you forget 9/11. america's defenses are so unorganized, that if russia knew this during the eighties they could have wiped america off the map with little casualties.

no one cares or knows what to do during emergencies in america. look at katrina, 9/11, california wild fires, texas tornadoes and mississippi floods.

edit on 9-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Some speculate that 9\11 was a staged event focusing on mass hysteria and confusion...... there's a reason why everything looked so chaotic. Also, September 11th was a sneak attack with rogue airline jets. There's no radar for terrorists hijacking a plane.......not that we know of.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by digitalreneg4de

We must remember that a they were simulating a "hijacked plane" on 9/11, so the first plane you could mark off as accident by them not seeing it sooner. But the other 3 planes should have been shot down as soon as the first plane crashed.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

ahh glad it was you and not me this time.... sometimes I feel like a spelling Nazi here but I really don't understand why there are so many misspellings.... does no one either read, proofread, or have spell checker anymore? lol
The truth about accidental war is this.... we have come close many, many times without the public's knowledge. And the flip side to that is how easy it would be to have a sneak attack on us via cruise missile to DC, a very short distance from the sea. How to react without over-reacting, in time. An excellent older book and movie (the original with Henry Fonda among many other stars of the time) about accidental war is Fail Safe, if you want a riveting read or viewing.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

The keyboard I'm using was dug up from ancient times, Jesus used it to type up the 10 Commandments so people could follow them. Either that or I'm a dumbass, yup I'm a dumbass lol

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

There's a really good movie with Ben Affleck and Morgan Freeman called Sum of all Fears. I highly recommend it to anyone interested with these type of deception "war games".
Sum of All Fears 2002

I'm not going to give it away but after a "staged" nuclear attack the US defence was able to launch air-strikes and a few B2 stealth bombers at Russia in about 30 minutes after the attack.

PS: the book used "islamic arab" terrorist for the antagonist's but since 911 was so recent the decided to change it to neo-nazi terrorists. lol.
edit on 10-5-2011 by digitalreneg4de because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by digitalreneg4de because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by digitalreneg4de

I seen that movie. Pretty awesome lol. think I might read the book now. The whole missing nuke idea interests me

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Nah, your post makes it quite plain that you are a thinker.

A spelling mistake does not equal a dumb ass!

I have participated in an insurance companys "think tank" where we looked at surviving a nuclear terrorist blast during the year 2000 Olympics in Sydney. We asked questions and proposed solutions about how we would service the insured while remaining viable as a company, how would we relocate and restore our data centres & etc.

We basically went through a number of worst case scenarios and looked for weaknesses and "single points of failure" in existing systems.

I imagine that the defence forces/FEMA/CDC/Homeland Security/whomever do this sort of disaster recovery planning (DRP) all the time as it is their mandate to ensure safety of the public and defend the status quo.

That being said, human greed often pushes us to take unacceptable risks with irreplaceable assets (human lives) and this is always a constant danger.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Did you know that the IRS has a system in place for taxation following a nuclear war?

Zacchaeus, Zacchaeus. Nobody likes Zacchaeus!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Dude, you gotta ask the mods to let you change the title.

I know you've replied to other posters and no i don't think your an idiot either, but i came onto this thread purely because i thought maybe a red/rouge nuke was a term for a nuke that i was unfamiliar with.

I would advise the use of firefox browser, it has spellchecker built-in, makes life a whole lot easier.

As for rogue nukes, well it would be the LAST course of action for any nation to re-act with a counter-strike.

If a single nuke comes in it would be shot down, if that was unsuccessful, then a single detonation would have to be absorbed by which-ever nation it struck, retaliation may only occur by conventional highly targeted means.

Only in the case of a massive multiple launch would an immediate counterstrike be considered.

All of these scenario's have been war-gamed out by the super-powers, it would actually be very difficult, if not impossible to trigger an all-out nuclear exchange.

Cosmic...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
i think, our russians missle - Mace are the best right now. And ofcourse - Satan is good to.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

Did you know that the IRS has a system in place for taxation following a nuclear war?

Zacchaeus, Zacchaeus. Nobody likes Zacchaeus!

He was a very little man! Perhaps that is somehow significant?

top topics

join