It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans In Texas Senate Approve Guns On Campus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
www.kristv.com...
I will feel safer when my daughter can keep a gun in her dorm room. My kids are taught gun safety and proper use/cleaning. She practices at a range and we keep them very secure. She is responsible, and by the time shes in college I will feel better knowing if any perv comes lurking she can scare them away. As we have taught her it should only be used for hunting food or protection under certain circumstances.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Another victory for SANITY!!! thank you everyone who made this possible.

a few more things like this and we'll be well on our way to ending the VICTIM culture we have built

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Better this way because a lot of of times casualties from school shooting happened simply because the kids are are unarmed

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Aren’t states rights a beautiful thing?

Second line.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
What a great image....

Drunk college kids packin heat at a rivalry football game and the ref makes a stupid call.

This won't last long....first student shoot out on campus and some innocent bystanders shot....
edit on 10-5-2011 by whaaa because: code 67

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I love texas.

Let that be a lesson to all you liberals. This is how people are actually made safer, not just disarmed.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Brilliant. Let's mix guns with drunken college parties.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
We should ban guns everywhere

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

And let some Tri Delta sorority chick with a attorney daddy catch a stray one and then see what happens....

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

What are you implying?

Are you implying that adults cannot be trusted with guns for some reason?

Is it because you are an unsafe drunk that you think others are also unsafe?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

College students are for all intents and purposes, kids. And they often drink. A drunk "kid" with a gun. I can't foresee any problems with that.

ETA: I love the unfounded personal attack. Your point would be better made if you stayed on topic.
edit on 10-5-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
What a great image....

Drunk college kids packin heat at a rivalry football game and the ref makes a stupid call.

That is a scary thought but in reality that scenario is already true.

I was a high school senior when columbine happened, my high school was just a few miles away. It started while I was on lunch brake and my class period after lunch was spent watching live news coverage, my teacher was friends with the teacher that was killed. Rumors flew afterwards -- our school is next on the list-- every school in county was "next on the list" to the kids in the schools. My school was put on lock down for the rest of the year the whole student body had to come and go through just the 2 sets of side by side double doors in the front of the building. That made things worse for me hundreds of kids all using the same doors--talk about easy pickings. My senior prom was crashed by swat the next weekend yep tons of kids on the 57th floor of a high rise having prom, someone mistakes a big shiny belt buckle for a gun. Tons of kids left as soon as that rumor flew, I decided that was my senior prom and I wasn't going to let some Rumor make me leave. Ya I freaked when the mass of cops unloaded off the elevator they pinned the guy in the bathroom. Anyway in the weeks that followed I was scared so scared to be in school the only only thing that gave me an ounce of comfort was the fact that my school was a little rough and very diverse. I felt there were a few kids with me in the halls and in class that might have a gun on them and if someone did come in shooting they would get shoot at right back. That school year didn't end fast enough for me, I could not imagine being in Columbine when that happened and having to finish the year out.

So I feel that those boys would have thought twice about going in and doing what they did if they was a chance other kids had guns. I know it sounds like I think Highs schoolers should be able to carry, I don't, that is just the emotions of that event coming out. I am glad that they are moving that direction for colleges.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

A drunk "kid" with a gun. I can't foresee any problems with that.

Neither can I.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

When will anti-gunners get tired of making false prophesies? They always cry about blood in the streets. Yet with the most lax gun laws in 21 years, we have a 20 year low in crime and murder.

Well it is getting lower unless you live in the North East United States. That is the one area of the US to have a rising murder and cime rate in 2010. Of course, Bloomberg and his buddies up there are proving that gun control really works.

edit on 10-5-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Probably the same thing that happens when that "chick" gets robbed and beaten on her half mile walk from her car to her dorm.

Most college campuses are full of nooks and crannies where bad things can and do happen. They are not perfect havens of peace an tranquility. It is common for kids to get robbed by "townies" on many campuses. It is also common for these townies to try to invade dorms, sexually assault women, and cause general havoc. College students deserve the same basic right to self defense as all other citizens.

Spend some time on a big college campus like UCLA, Duke University, or th like. If you learn the geography it becomes real obvious that these places are ripe targets. If you talk to the people that work as security and police on these campuses you will learn that the locals know it as well.

What about the Duke grad student killed in his dorm by a local thug that was supposed to be locked up? Look up the murder of Eve Carson. She was the UNC student body president that was kidnapped, robbed, and murdered. Neither one of those people were drunken frat kids. Yet they were denied the chance to protect their own lives.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Excellent.

Around here there is a campus that has a high sexual assault rate due to female students being unable to carry on campus. A nearby campus had a similar problem and when they allowed CC their rates dropped to zero.

I'll never understand the people that are afraid of gun ownership, after all if you are so scared of the world around you wouldn't it make more sense to arm yourself as well instead of disarm the responsible owners?

Schools can't get shot up if everyone is armed... They can if people are unable to defend themselves... course, you could just eliminate gun ownership outright and then pretend you don't have gun crime but how then would you stop the Government from overreaching its bounds?

Eh, it would seem critical thinking is no longer taught in schools.
edit on 10-5-2011 by AdAbsurdum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Yes, because we all know that it wasn't happening before, right?

The ones that would go through the trouble of getting their permit to carry and who would legally take advantage of this particular law are the least of anyone's concerns. The potential troublemakers aren't enabled by this law and wouldn't be deterred in its absence.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
registered and liscensed gun owners aren't the one causing shootings.

Its the idiots and imbecils never trained how to handle and use a gun that get the wild ideas to take out twenty people because they're feeling depressed.

+1 for the TX Senate.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This is great news. This is the reason we should fire the TSA and pass a one shot pistol out to every adult with a seat on a plane.

The passengers were involved in another plane defense story last week.

:Article with video:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
We should ban guns everywhere

What, pray tell, would that solve? If guns were banned, only law abiding citizens would be with out.
A gun ban would not stop criminals from getting and carrying firearms. THEY ARE CALLED CRIMINALS FOR A REASON.
If you are taught from a young age, as I was and as my three boys are, that guns are not toys and should not be treated as such, that they are to be respected and used only for food or self defense, then there is no problem in carrying them.
Dry your eyes and bandage the bleeding heart; guns don't kill, people do.

S&F brother
Quad

top topics

<<   2 >>

join