It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this NIBURU, Venus or a Lens Flare?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

My Plan is just to keep an eye on Seismic activity on around October 17th, September 11th (weird), and especially the end of September starting on the 23rd through the 27th. Just today there were 15 earthquakes of 4.5 - 5.8 magnitude around the ring of fire.

www.iris.edu...

BTW... the above dates are when our Sun, Earth and the so called "comet" E.L.E.N.I.N. are suppose to align. If the seismic activity continues to increase on these dates, I have plans to head west to higher ground with plenty of survival gear, and "self defense". All future maps of North America show Houston to be under water, so I'll be getting out of here.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

No problem! Thanks for your thorough analysis!
I guess we shall see what comes about in the coming months!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

look closely at your blown up object, the shape is not round. I have seen this before in photos of planets it is the atmosphere that causes this . clear skys lessen this effect. tint now looks more venus blow up bigger change tints to check for minute stripes , no stripes equals if you have enough light venus slight natural yellow tint .

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

forgot also looks like dust or insect or bird in your picture

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by circle 360

nice chem trails too everybody has pictures of them that has a camera I quess

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by circle 360
reply to post by my3911

look closely at your blown up object, the shape is not round. I have seen this before in photos of planets it is the atmosphere that causes this . clear skys lessen this effect. tint now looks more venus blow up bigger change tints to check for minute stripes , no stripes equals if you have enough light venus slight natural yellow tint .

I took your advice and did some color color/contrast enhancements. This is my result:

This is Venus for comparison:

That would be pretty awesome if my Android phone picked up Venus like this and I wasn't even zoomed in!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by my3911

I wouldn't pay much heed to those alignment claims. Not even the Moon has much of an effect on quakes. Only a few types of rare shallow low energy quakes might be associated with the Moon.

If you don't believe me check the alignments yourself. Here is what you do.1. Do not trust the images already provided. Here is why. Take a triangle. Rotate it in space in front of you. Notice that you can make the 3 corners of the triangle appear to all be in a line from your point of view. This is the way that the person has faked these alignments.

Go to the alignment dates. Go to a point of view where 2 of the objects are one on top of the other. Where is the third object? See how many days before and after the "alignment date" that the objects are just as close as the alignment date. Now you know how wide a range there was to force this fit.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The image gives us some idea of the arrangement and angular sizes of the objects in the image.

How do we know this? We know this because the halo is 22 degrees out form the Sun. This halo is a common atmospheric effect. You describe it as "an unusual halo around the sun", but it is in fact a common sight seen throughout the world. In fact, you saw it under typical conditions in which it appears.
Halos

Knowing that we can determine that the sun appears to be 14 degrees across. It is in fact just 0.5 degrees across, as is the Moon. The bright dot is 15 degrees away from the center of the Sun. It turns out to be about 0.5 degrees across - the actual size of the Sun.

What we can learn from this is that looking up shows us all sorts of wonderful sights such as this beautiful halo. It also tells us once again that a cell camera phone is a low quality image. The sun image is 28X larger than it actually is.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Thank you for your expert analysis. So have you concluded this is just a lens flare or Venus? Either way, this is the way ATS should work. We post something we're unsure about and come to a resolution without bickering and putting each other down. I would like to thank everyone that offered their comments and/or suggestions to decipher the object in this photo. Good work everyone! Now if we could get to the bottom of all the other subjects! I'm hoping they too will come into "light" in the coming year. Cheers!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by my3911

I did the first part of the analysis that shows that the image shows a distorted Sun and the angular separation of the objects in question.

I can look up the position of Venus and see if it was 15 degrees from the Sun. You can probably answer the question yourself. Which way were you facing, i.e. direction? You can determine if the dot you saw was in the plane of the ecliptic or not. Is this the path that the Sun takes across the sky or not? Venus is roughly in that path. It is not possible to tell from the image in which direction the Sun is headed. If this is Venus then the Sun's path would cross the dot that is maybe Venus.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Maybe the image below will help.... I have to go to an appointment, but will be back later. Thanks for your help!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by my3911

Lens flare

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
OP, if you decide to go out and take some more photos, try this if you can:

Take a normal shot of the sun with your camera. If your "object" shows up again, take another picture, but this time place your thumb or hand in the shot just under the sun where the object should be. If it shows up in front of your hand, it's a lens flare. If not, then it's a physical object. Play around with improvised filters. Place sunglasses in front of the lens or something like that.

Regardless, you have a pretty photo on your phone now.
edit on 5/10/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Venus is next to Jupiter right now. There is about a 27 degree of separation between Venus and the Sun right now.

The Sun moves 360 degrees in 24 hours or 15 degrees an hour. The Sun was roughly 45 degrees from the place where it sets on the horizon. This is not the same as the angle above the horizon since the sun comes in at a non-90 degree angle to the horizon.

With the error in the camera it is hard to tell what is going on.

You can eliminate a lens flare by taking a photo as shown in the atmospheric optics site. Stand where something blocks the sun such as a street sign. Take a photo. See if the object is still visible in the image.

Good luck.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by circle 360
reply to post by my3911

...my guess jupiter's sun reflection. take a picture of a clear sky blow it up all you will see is millions of stars and other light reflectors.

There's is so much wrong with this.... Good God. Just...no.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

I saw something around the sun today. This is the second time I have seen it. I got some picture this time but I can't upload them. The pics I took look like what is in yours. But when you see it in person Its way bigger then you can capture on camera.

I called my boyfriend at work to tell him to look to make sure I wasn't going crazy lol and him and a few other people at work saw it. One of the guys said that it is an optical illusion called K/Crona (Not K/Cronus) named after a figure from greek mythology but I cant find any info on that.

I asked him for a website he said he learned about it in school and wouldn't know of one. However I don't think that what is being seen by the sun is Nibiru. But it is really unusual thats for sure. I will keep looking for information on this optical illusion thing see if I can find a source.

Okay so he was talking about Corona which is not the same thing that is being seen by people.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-5-2011 by ucantcme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by my3911
reply to post by Sly1one

This is zoomed in....

as you can see there is a bird proving once again my theory is right..

its bird crap

edit on 10-5-2011 by pavelivanov22 because: Spelling Error :/

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

So you saying if the mainstream media isn't reporting something big then it must not exist?

Aren't they like the least credible source ever?

I wouldn't be judging the existence of nibiru or anything else based on what fox news or CNN says.

edit on 10-5-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Why do you think those are official sources? What about press releases from sources such as Kitt Peak. They and other observatories are watching the sun all of the time. I've been to Kitt Peak and there is a place where the public is able to see a live image of the Sun. There are orbital observatories that also show images of the Sun. There are lots of amateurs that observe the Sun.

No one but people using crappy cell phone cameras are reporting this. As the OP stated it was on the image, but they did not see anything in the sky.

I do not see how crappy cameras trump anything.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by my3911

Im in Philadelphia area, and I saw the same thing (The Ring around the sun) was it on Sunday 5/1? I may have gotten a picture of it, If so I wll try and post it for you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join