It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this NIBURU, Venus or a Lens Flare?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I have seen many lens flares, but this does not look like one. I transferred this to my laptop and straight to this post, with absolutely NO EDITING. I took this photo because there was an unusual halo around the sun a couple of days after they shut down the airports for 45 minutes to spray Houston with a grid pattern chem-trail bombardment, but that is not what I am questioning here. This bright spherical object was not visible when I was looking at the sky, but it's very obvious in this photo. If you zoom in, you will see there is no deviation or blurring which is usually consistent with a lens flare. Could this be Venus? It seems too big to be Venus. I'm not sure and just need someone to take a look that knows more about this stuff. And thanks in advance!

edit on 9-5-2011 by my3911 because: Image imbedding problem

edit on 9-5-2011 by my3911 because: Spelling correction

edit on 9-5-2011 by my3911 because: LOL... another spelling correction... last one! ;-)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

its bird crap

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
That would have to big a REALLY big bird, and not the one from Sesame Street!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
To figure out if its venus, download "stellarium" and enter your co-ordinates.

As for lens flare, am not an expert, but resembles typical lens flare shots..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
...You don't seriously think that could be Nibiru right?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Or its just the government testing the new plumbing system in there UFOs

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think you will find this link to the STEREO website interesting.
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...
The shadow it casts is intriguing as well.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by grindhouzer
To figure out if its venus, download "stellarium" and enter your co-ordinates.

As for lens flare, am not an expert, but resembles typical lens flare shots..

Good idea.... thanks. I was also thinking about going to the same place (downtown Houston) at the same time tomorrow (if the skies are clear) to see if it appears again and if it's any bigger, and also try different angles. If it shows up at different angles and moves in the photo, then it's a lens flare. Thanks again for the suggestion.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Ok I am going to flag this as today I saw something similer as I looked up through the clouds at the sun. ( Looking up at the sun through pretty light clouds is a great way to look at the sun.) Anyway hope it is Venus.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
That is lens flare 100%, anyone who thinks they could capture Nibiru or any heavenly body on film without any of the proper filters is delusional.

You can't just take pictures of the sun without artifacts unless you use the proper filters, it is not possible, even for the people who believe in such things )
edit on 9-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Very cool footage. I would like to see something more recent, but it seems there is a smear campaign for more recent footage. Here are some links you may also find interesting (if you haven't seen them already).

March 18th, 2010 Footage of Niburu

April 9th, 2010 Footage

G1.9 Brown Dwarf Confrimed by Spanish Astronomers

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

considering its obviously in front of the clouds...it sure as hell isn't in space...so lens flare it is!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

This is zoomed in....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
That is lens flare 100%, anyone who thinks they could capture Nibiru or any heavenly body on film without any of the proper filters is delusional.

You can't just take pictures of the sun without artifacts unless you use the proper filters, it is not possible, even for the people who believe in such things )
edit on 9-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

Correct...

The Space Weather sites have ads for filters and scopes for sun work for sale so any one that really wants to check can do so and get back with some great pictures of............................ who knows

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well, thanks for your opinions and advice on this... I'll assume it is a lens flare until the %$# hits the fan at the end of September. Cheers and party hard while we still can!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

could you possibly show the same zoom level including the sun for reference?

thanks!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

If Nibiru were that close astronomers (amateur and professional) and news organizations would be all over this and evidence would be impossible to hide. As for the photo that's a lens flare. As the user Helious pointed out above even if Nibiru is out there you wouldn't be able to capture it this way, it wouldn't be something to randomly show up in a photo of the mid-day sky.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

This is about as zoomed as I could get in order to include just part of the effects on the clouds from the sun....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

the sun is a very large light and makes rings and sun dogs appear from our atmospere it also can light a planet well enough to make a picture in daylight as we have all seen the moon at day. the stars and planets dont go away in the light of day. hard to tell if moon or planet my guess jupiter's sun reflection. take a picture of a clear sky blow it up all you will see is millions of stars and other light reflectors

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

thank you!

It still appears to me though that whatever that is, is in front of the clouds as the clouds appear to be thick because of how much they obscure the sun...it is hard to tell how thick the cloud cover in that particular part of the image is though.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join