It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama bin Laden mission agreed in secret 10 years ago by US and Pakistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Osama bin Laden mission agreed in secret 10 years ago by US and Pakistan

www.guardian.co.uk

The US and Pakistan struck a secret deal almost a decade ago permitting a US operation against Osama bin Laden on Pakistani soil similar to last week's raid that killed the al-Qaida leader, the Guardian has learned.

The deal was struck between the military leader General Pervez Musharraf and President George Bush after Bin Laden escaped US forces in the mountains of Tora Bora in late 2001, according to serving and retired Pakistani and US officials.

Under its terms, Pakistan would allow US forces to conduct a unilateral raid inside Pakistan in search of Bin Laden, his deputy, Ayman al-Z
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Afterwards, both sides agreed, Pakistan would vociferously protest the incursion.

Well isn't this interesting? An agreement ten years ago gave permission to the United States to conduct a raid inside Pakistan to get bin Laden and aftwards, Pakistan would put up a 'front' fake protest.

I can only say that Pakistan is doing an extremely good job in making their 'fake' protest look good with all the warnings about they will not permit this to happen again.

Interesting article to say the least. I'm still chuckling.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This probably belongs in skunkworks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle
This probably belongs in skunkworks.

And you've come to that conclusion just moments after the OP was created how and why?

secondline

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

The former US official said the Pakistani protests of the past week were the "public face" of the deal. "We knew they would deny this stuff."

The former US official said that impetus for the co-operation, much like the Bin Laden deal, was driven by the US. "It didn't come from Musharraf's desire. On the Predators, we made it very clear to them that if they weren't going to prosecute these targets, we were, and there was nothing they could do to stop us taking unilateral action.

"We told them, over and again: 'We'll stop the Predators if you take these targets out yourselves.'

If this is true, then hats off to President Bush for having the foresight to strike such a deal ten years ago. We've given the Pakistanis chance after chance to hold their end of the bargain and time and time again, come up empty.

This news is almost too funny. I don't mean comical funny. I mean that we would strike a deal saying that we'll conduct an attack and you just act like you're pissed to save face with your prople. This is a good one.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
No, if it was true, then why was Pakistan upset that the US raided Bin Ladens compound?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

No, if it was true, then why was Pakistan upset that the US raided Bin Ladens compound?

I think that is the point of this thread now. lol In other words, many suspected Pakistan's anger towards the United States' recent raid on Osama's compound was a ruse. I can't say I necessarily blame Pakistan because I am sure they are fearful of the extreme segment of their population that could retaliate.

But I think that is the reason for this article. To show that if they had a deal to feign disgust ten years ago, it is possible they're using the same ruse now.

Anyways, with that said, I would like to know the Guardian's source. Doesn't mean much without it. Anyone know how they came across this information? I only saw the article mentioning they 'learned' about the news.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The Pentagon Pedos strike again.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Wasn't that around the time he died? The first time? In Tora Bora?

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Nicely done, perfect timing, explains everything, and now we know that the Pakistanis are not really pissed at us, its all just a preplanned act 10 years in the making.

Wow, the sh'' is gettin' really deep here.

edit on 9-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Reading merely three paragraphs into the inked article would have shown you this:

...Afterwards, both sides agreed, Pakistan would vociferously protest the incursion.

reading an article before commenting is always useful.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
]

Under its terms, Pakistan would allow US forces to conduct a unilateral raid inside Pakistan in search of Bin Laden, his deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, and the al-Qaida No3. Afterwards, both sides agreed, Pakistan would vociferously protest the incursion.
[/quote

It helps if you read the article.

The former US official said the Pakistani protests of the past week were the "public face" of the deal. "We knew they would deny this stuff."

If in fact this former "US official" is credible, the existance of an existing agreement would explain a lot. I'd love to know who the former US official is.
edit on 9-5-2011 by robyn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Of course neither Bush nore Musharaff are any longer in power, so it's pretty interesting that this alleged agreement especially on the part of Pakistan was honored.

Nor does it disclose the terms of the agreement.

Or what pressures or moneys or other considerations might have been exchanged.

It's a nice bit of disinfo though that will discredit Musharaff from every being a serious Presidential candidate again in Pakistan, and seems aimed at placating angry European citizens sympathetic to Pakistans complaints of a gross violation of their sovereignty.

While of course reinforcing the fiction that it was actually Bin Laden killed in the raid.

Lots of birds killed with that stone!

And the beat goes on, la-de-da-de-da.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

What governments say in public and what they agree behind closed doors are very different things.

Maybe the Pakistan government figured that Osama was a low value target and the U.S. ,unofficially, was not interested in his assassination because of a need to have a bogeyman for the war on terror. Then all of the sudden the U.S. does something different, that Pakistanis would have felt out of the loop.

But I dunno, there are so many damn holes in this story......

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

From the excerpt you posted, it doesn't look like a deal at all, more like a threat. Do we know if this "deal" had a time limit? Was it only after bin Laden left Tora Bora?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

All politics are local...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

From the excerpt you posted, it doesn't look like a deal at all, more like a threat. Do we know if this "deal" had a time limit? Was it only after bin Laden left Tora Bora?

From what I gather the article to say is that a deal was made without any time limit. If the United States was to find out that Osama was in Pakistan at any time, we would have the authorization to go into Pakistan and take care of business.

Of course there was the agreement that Pakistan would 'act' like they're upset in the aftermath to appease the Osama supporters.

This news could have a negative affect on the Pakistani government with their own people. This is going to be interesting on how it unfolds.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I just can't believe they left out the connection with Loch Ness and the people who live under the stairs. They were at that meeting to!!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I said it before here, and saying it again..this whole bin laen, 9/11 stuff to me, feels, reeks and feels like form the movie the advetnures of barron munchausen. In the movie, the turks at the gates of france al fantasy..came out in 1986. the lie is, the turks were long long gone already. the elected official told the people, not letting them look outside the walls, the turks were waiting to get in...they belived him. behind curtains, the king turk and the elected official were playing chess, and deciding over whos gunna win this week, the next week, ect...to control the people. watch the movie sometime..its FULL of adventure and fantasy..robbin willaims was in it, played the man in the moon...
thats how i always for the longest fet adn suspected about this whole 9/11 bin laden thing and our government...one big pipe dream, a lie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join