It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Nuclear Attacks Since WW2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
With all of the talk lately of possible nuclear attacks, it made me wonder how this hasn’t yet happened. Really, if you think about the numbers, it’s quite astonishing that there have been no nuclear attacks since WW2. There have been over 70,000 nuclear weapons built, over 20,000 still exist today. Hundreds of Billions of dollars have been spent developing them. Perhaps most intriguing is that it has been about 70 years since the technology was developed, yet only 2 attacks in the very beginning of it. One would think think that 70 years encompassing a cold war and terrorism, that something, even a freak accident, may have occurred. Don’t get me wrong, I’m quite happy that nothing has happened, but I find it a bit curious that given human nature, world tensions, and the amount of resources put into it, that there have not been any other nuclear attacks in any place since 1945.
I wasn’t around during the cold war and while mutually assured destruction has certainly been a critical deterrent, can it also explain how an isolated country or terrorist group without arms race concerns, has not obtained and detonated one in an attack?

So either:

A) We’ve just been lucky.

Or

B) There’s a lot more to the story than we realize. You could draw your own theories about this, from alien intervention to fear propaganda.

Perhaps it could be a bit of both, which is my feeling. Anyway, just a thought that I wanted to share, and I look forward to any theories you guys may have.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Interesting thought. To my mind some of the hardest UFO evidence is coming from Military Officials related to Nuclear Weapons. There are countless threads related to that here.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cleverhans

Yeah I think we were a bit overdue for some radiation, so HAARP engineered an earthquake to cause a nuclear meltdown which would give us our radiation fix.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cleverhans

This could have something to do with it. But you're right, it is quite a feat, which is also kinda scary.

edit on 9-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
When military officials start talking UFOs its time to start reading between the lines.
If they knew anything of the sort they would not be talking.

As far as nuclear attacks, i think we are due for one but not in the middle east.
edit on 9-5-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Actually, nuclear war has been a reality ever since operation desert storm in the early 90's.

It's coming at us in the form of depleted uranium ammunitions, and is most definitely against the Geneva convention, as a crime against humanity.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I hope the world realised the responsibility that comes with inventing this s**t, They could never possibly use one without violating human rights, and causing great damage to the world...i think everyone has held off using nuclear weopons so far because of the reproccusions from the rest of the world and the guilt that would follow...but hey, those things dont always matter to everyone, so fingers crossed we correctly police the manufacture and usage of these dangerous things

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
i don't know about you guys...but i consider the depleted uranium bombs dropped all over by the U.S. in Iraq would classify itself as a nuclear attack...so yes...in my mind...there have been nuclear attacks

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The tons of DU (depleted uranium) used by the United States military all around the world in various conflicts constitutes as nuclear warfare I believe. I'm pretty sure the use of DU is considered a crime against humanity.

www.nato.int...

"In Iraq, about 300 metric tons of DU ammunition were fired by American and British troops. Recently, NATO confirmed the use of DU ammunition in Kosovo battlefields, where approximately 10 metric tons of DU were used."

Although the estimations of the amount of DU used are actually in the thousands of tons. The equivalent of a couple thousand Hiroshima bombs, I believe.

The effects it's having?

www.globalresearch.ca...

"The cancer rate in the province of Babil, south of Baghdad has risen from 500 diagnosed cases in 2004 to 9,082 in 2009 according to Al Jazeera English [2].

The water, soil and air in large areas of Iraq, including Baghdad, are contaminated with depleted uranium that has a radioactive half-life of 4.5 billion years.
"

The weapon that keeps on killing, even after it killed the original target.
edit on 10-5-2011 by TheDarkestHour because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join