It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizonas ban on ethnic studies

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Actually, yes I do propose that. Add in Reading and writing and that is all we should be teaching. As I mentioned before, our public schools are a massive failure. We waste billions and billions and the students get dumber and dumber. Cut everything except the very basics and start over.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Let them learn then. Let them learn how to write cogent sentences and paragraphs in English. Let them learn addition, subtraction, algebra, geometry. Let them learn about the history of the nation, and let them actually study the Constitution. Let them learn biology, chemistry, and other basic sciences. Leave all the social awareness claptrap for the home and the church.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

you want to study ethnicity

go there!

im tired of there being NO AMERICAN ETHNICITY ANYMORE

every day i encounter those who speak NO ENGLISH, have no clue about AMERICA or AMERICAN ways

they just sit around getting wasted raping their kids, abusing them, ignoring them, making more of them, and smoke more crack in between sips of their alcohol

i deal with that EVERY SINGLE DAY to the point i dont even work with police anymore, because they wont do anything since they are illegal immigrants and police dont enforce laws for them, its not their area of enforcement

these are the same people who when they have their ETHNIC festivals shut the city down and overwhelm the police in riot gear to the point where crimes are taking place in other areas and there arent even any police to respond and the 911 operators literally say to you they cant help you with the fires in your street and the riot going on because police are too busy somewhere else around the corner

theres too much damn segregation in this country and its not the whiteman causing it

hell if the white man says he likes white people hes labeled a f in nazi

if i wave the american flag im labeled a terrorist, yet these people wave their flag everywhere, burn the american flag, refuse to say the pledge, and then crap all over this country

SCREW ETHNICITY!

Mod Note:
The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
edit on 5/10/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

How do you think the teachers and facilities are provided? Do you also believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy? Nothing is "free". Everything has to be paid for. In this case, American taxpayers have part of their income forcibly seized by the government in order to pay for these classes.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Why should the taxpayer be funding such classes? If you want to find an instructor and pay him yourself, then study what you want. But American citizens paying for immigrants to take an "America is evil, our country is better class" really pisses me off. Want to study Mexican culture? Go to Mexico. Lot's of experts on the subject matter there.

Thank you for highlighting the reasons these classes should be mandatory.

The taxpayers should be funding these classes in the hopes that such antiquated and insular points of view can be relegated to the dust bin of history.

American history does not exsist in a vacume, it is a never ending series of interactions with people inside and outside of its borders.

Lets also not forget that the true American history is that of the Native Americans who we supplanted. Perhaps we should toss out your "American history" in favor of theirs.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
so is this what they are teaching?

this is the result of "ethnic studies" and in my opinion should be banned.

sounds like they are teaching too much che

www.theblaze.com...

another video.
edit on 10-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I understand that in a tight economy where school budgets are forcing cirriculums to be cut to the bone certain cuts are necessary - but I find it sad that ethnic studies has to go and that so many people are happy about. Ethnic studies classes are a wonderful way to promote understanding and respect between folks from different cultures.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I might not be understanding the whole situation, but I don't like the idea of "ethnic" classes. Reason being is that it can stir up disagreements (such as what's already been pointed out) and racism. What if they teach a Mexican-American ethnic class, but not a Germanic-American class? Some groups will be left out and those groups may feel left out. Why is it not possible to have a class for general information all over the globe? I had what was called World History and felt that was sufficient. School isn't supposed to make you a master in a certain subject, but to engage you in something your interested in. If I wanted to learn more about Mexican-American studies, then I would do that on my own.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

the point of being pro liberty is to be mindful for everyones liberty, you do not enforce your political will upon others in an understanding that they will not do the same to you.
How about my liberty to retain my money to spend as I see fit? How about my liberty to NOT have to fund classes that teach a minority how evil my people are? Study what ever you want, but if it is not reading, writing and arithmetic pay for it yourself. That is liberty my friend. The ability to do as you wish, but along with that comes the responsibility to pay your own way, not expect others to carry you.

So I suppose you are for very large government, so large that it has the right to dictate education to the educators?

In Majority you are talking politicians, like several bus loads worth???
Actually, it seems that you and the other pro-social engineering classes support that large government.

tyr·an·ny   
[tir-uh-nee] Show IPA
–noun, plural -nies.
arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power; despotic abuse of authority.

It is despotic to think that crooked politicians feel they have the right to dictate the bounds of curriculum to
educators in modern America...
Tyranny could also be described as forcibly taking a persons money or property and using it to foster his downfall. If you want pro-mexican classes, take them; but don't ask me to pay for them.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by celimonster
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

remember what your ancestors did to the Native Americans. Your ancestors were illegal immigrants at one time.

Your ancestors (the Spanish) did the EXACT same thing to the Aztecs. What a racist statement for you to make.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDevilOfLies

I am so sorry you are so full of anger - America is a country of immigrants (except for Native Americans). Granted there are some folks here illegally and that does stress communities and government budgets - but these are human beings we are talking about. Rather than being so hateful to people, put that energy to use and work to make a positive change - but don't take it out on immigrants, legal or not they all just want the same things our ancestors did when they first came to America.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SunYu

I would rather have my tax dollars spent on educating people here in the USA,instead of the money being spent killing innocents abroad.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

Thank you for highlighting the reasons these classes should be mandatory.

The taxpayers should be funding these classes in the hopes that such antiquated and insular points of view can be relegated to the dust bin of history.

American history does exsist in a vacume, it is a never ending series of interactions with people inside and outside of its borders.

Lets also not forget that the true American history is that of the Native Americans who we supplanted. Perhaps we should toss out your "American history" in favor of theirs.

I am actually 1/8 Algonquin. If I could send all of you back and be 100% Algonquin, I would. However, it is hundreds of years too late for that. So, let us learn from history and stop the mexican invasion now. Close the border. Round up every single illegal regardless of race, creed, color, religion, or time spent here living illegally. Send them all to either Ellis Island to wait for their home nations to repatriate them, or for the hispanics , drop them just over the border. Then bring our military home and have them close the borders. After stopping this huge drain on our economy, maybe we can begin to fix our nation.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SunYu

also i dont know about the human beings youre talking about but the ones im specifically talking about that i am personally working with the police to do something about even though their hands are tied are criminals and nothing more

i am not dumb, i do not hate but i do have anger

come witness whats happening here for one week sun and you'll see the light

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SunYu

so instead of cutting spanish history lets cut gym music and art right?!

you wanna learn about ethnic people, go live with them, you want to be an american in an american school

i dont think i should have to say another word on that

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by unbanable123

thats why we need to stop the illegal mexicans from coming to our country. or maybe just fight in the war there druglords have declared on us maybe? if we wiped them out that would take care of the problem with them crossing the boarder and killing ranchers. but hey you would rather send them to school on taxpayers money and let them start there latino gangs in our own country. why dont you just fund them yourself that way maybe some of my tax money can be spent on something important, something american.
THIS THREAD ISNT ABOUT IMMIGRATION OR PAYING TAXES.ITS ABOUT ARIZONA LAWMAKERS DEPRIVING KIDS OF THEIR EDUCATION BECAUSE THEY FEEL ITS POLITICALLY INCORRECT FOR STUDENT TO LEARN ABOUT THERE CULTURE..Im not defending immigrants im defending education,which is something every person MUST HAVE!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDevilOfLies
reply to post by SunYu

so instead of cutting spanish history lets cut gym music and art right?!

you wanna learn about ethnic people, go live with them, you want to be an american in an american school

i dont think i should have to say another word on that
what the hell is the point of gym class when the US still has more morbidly obese people than any other country in the world!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join