It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizonas ban on ethnic studies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

So you dont think that sb1070 or racism had anything to do with this?Youve been eating too much media bs...Sometimes you have to read between the lines,the truth likes to hide there..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Who the hell are you to deny a kid their education,we as americans were born with a diamond studded spoon in our fukkin mouths,with freedom and opportunity,with hope,you know what happens when an illegal child cant get an american education?He joins a cartel and then he becomes a real problem!
But if he were in Mexico, it would not be my problem. He could get a mexican education at the expense of the mexican taxpayers. Maybe if they stayed in Mexico they could force their government to get serious about making real changes. Illegal immigration is mexico's "pressure relief valve". Instead of facing their issues at home, they come here and expect us to feed and educate them. Well I say NO! It is not the job of the American taxpayer to feed, educate, and police the whole damned world. Send them all home, every single illegal regardless of race, creed, color, religion, just send them home. Then close the borders and accept NO MORE immigrants until we get our nation on the right path again.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Good, I live in Arizona and the money would be much better spent on teaching them English...!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You have to understand that these claims of students bieng taught to hate america is complete disinfo... Mexican american studies teaches students about the movements that minorities have been part of,about all the great things we can accomplish,about our mexican roots,about mexican american literature and cinema,not once in my 3 semesters of ethnic studies was i told that the US stole mexicos land,native american studies might teach it but in their case its absolutely true..

Complete disinfo huh?
Isn't that what people cry on these forums when they have a weak rebuttal?

I don't know how many times I befriended a mexican american just to be ripped off by them. I have a true mexican american friend though that told me to be careful of which immigrants I trust because a lot of them are taught from an early age to get as much as they can out of other ethnicities because other ethnicities are the enemy. It is your choice to believe it, but my mexican american friend of over 10 years who is a part of my family believes it and experiences that I've had shows it. Yes, there are always the exceptions.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

So you dont think that sb1070 or racism had anything to do with this?Youve been eating too much media bs...Sometimes you have to read between the lines,the truth likes to hide there..

I am too busy working to pay for anchor babys and illegals education to keep up with the media.
edit on 9-5-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatitanimulli

Who the hell are you to deny a kid their education,we as americans were born with a diamond studded spoon in our fukkin mouths,with freedom and opportunity,with hope,you know what happens when an illegal child cant get an american education?He joins a cartel and then he becomes a real problem!

Illegal immigrants should not reap the benefits of our tax dollars. Period.

This is not an immigration issue. This is an education issue. Presuming that every single student who may take this class is an illegal immigrant is about as logically flawed as you can get.

Denying a legal citizen the right to the education of their choice because of your views on immigration is an injustice and unacceptable in a free country.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

and then he would realize that his education is insufficient to land him a good job,so he steals a van and fills it with meth and brings it here,were it costs us millions of dollars to clean up the effects of just one shipment sold here. opposed to it only costing you as an individual about 1/1000 of a cent to put him through school here.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious

Originally posted by illuminatitanimulli

Illegal immigrants should not reap the benefits of our tax dollars. Period.

This is not an immigration issue. This is an education issue. Presuming that every single student who may take this class is an illegal immigrant is about as logically flawed as you can get.

Denying a legal citizen the right to the education of their choice because of your views on immigration is an injustice and unacceptable in a free country.

I would never deny a legal citizen their right to education.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If schools would actually teach comprehensive history lessons in the first place, there wouldn't be any need for "ethnic" history classes.

It wasn't that long ago that I was in school, and I learned about Mexico, South America, the USA, Europe, Asia, etc. It's called world history. I also learned about most minorities and their history in the US, during my American history class.

What has happened to school in the last 10-15 years? Are students no longer being taught history or something? Why is there is a need to supplement their education with ethnic based classes?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

and then he would realize that his education is insufficient to land him a good job,so he steals a van and fills it with meth and brings it here,were it costs us millions of dollars to clean up the effects of just one shipment sold here. opposed to it only costing you as an individual about 1/1000 of a cent to put him through school here.
With closed borders, he never makes it across our border with said van and possibly dies in an explosion caused by poor ventilation while cooking the meth.
How about we argue real issues? Take the immigrants out of it for a second.

How education gets back to basics? Reading, writing, and arithmetic? Nothing else except hard sciences and a basic general history course and a civics course. If they want to learn specialized stuff, let them do so at their own expense. No ethnic studies or women's studies courses at all in public schools until at least college level.
Our schools are already trying to do too much and failing miserably. So, step back and teach the basics.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

It is easy to judge when it is not happening in your area.
It is easy to judge when there are not gangs like MS 13 E Salvador trained soldiers in your city.
It is easy to judge when the instigation of racism is not in your area.
It is easy to judge when you do not realize that the American culture has been and is being twisted and bent to suit others.
It is easy to judge when you classify the civil rights of citizens the same as human rights.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

mexican americans arent immigrants...They are american descendants of..and this threads purpose wasnt meant to justify illegals..It was intended to inform you on a growing issue regarding MEXICAN AMERICAN STUDIES,its not mexican studies,its not hate america studies its(MAS)mexican americans are no more no less american than any other citizen and our rights should be equal to everyone elses.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Great. If they are such staunch Americans, then they can study American history with everybody else. Problem solved.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Isnt the ATS motto to deny ignorance?Do you know what happens when a student isnt taught everything he needs to know including the history about his heritage and where his ancestors came from?He becomes completely ignorant to that topic,like yourself..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Mexican citizens should start buying guns and start fighting back when drug gangs intimadate. START FIGHTING BACK! You can win the war against the cartels.

Stop comming here and asking for handouts like Mexican Studies. Yes i consider this class a handout. You want to study Mexican history then go to a damn library or better yet, go back to Mexico and learn it in a Mexican school. The taxpayer cannot be expected to foot the bill for things like this.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Wow, nothing like a mention of another culture to get the bubbas rolling out of the woodwork with their pitchforks.

Do none of these people understand these classes serve the same value as having anthropology, sociology, and even history? A white dude can take a Mexican Culture course. A black dude can take an Asian History course. These are important parts of course curriculum. Especially in AMERICA!

My word, I get so tired of people claiming to excrete Uncle Sam from their armpits yet turn around and claim intolerance for other cultures. If you want to live in a homogeneous nation, move to North Korea.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join