It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizonas ban on ethnic studies

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

I didn't take your money,
I see you are going to devolve this to the realms of a spoilt 6 year old, I love it.
I would hate to live in the abject terror you and your cohorts must dwell in.
The new threat of Mexicans must be an extreme shock to you, I know I nearly
crap my pants when I see a Mexican, I mean Mexicans in Arizona

I mean you are the worst poser on the face of the Earth

SON OF LIBERTY

You should change to sonofgermany1936

Fences, Barbed Wire, Papers, militarism...

Sons Of Germany

posers are the folks who advertise the pose in the name,

Patriot Act
Military intelligence
edit on 11-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

Were you aware of some of the restrictions Mexico puts on outsiders to their country?

If outsiders do not enhance the country's "economic or national interests" or are "not found to be physically or mentally healthy," they are not welcome. Neither are those who show "contempt against national sovereignty or security." They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.

Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years' imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years' imprisonment. Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process and the endless bites at the litigation apple that illegal aliens are afforded in our country (see, for example, President Obama's illegal alien aunt -- a fugitive from deportation for eight years who is awaiting a second decision on her previously rejected asylum claim).

As for abuse, the Mexican government is notorious for its abuse of Central American illegal aliens who attempt to violate Mexico's southern border. The Red Cross has protested rampant Mexican police corruption, intimidation and bribery schemes targeting illegal aliens there for years. Mexico didn't respond by granting mass amnesty to illegal aliens, as it is demanding that we do. It clamped down on its borders even further. In late 2008, the Mexican government launched an aggressive deportation plan to curtain illegal Cuban immigration and human trafficking through Cancun.

source: www.familysecuritymatters.org...

edit on 11-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

The schools need to play Frank Sinatra, have an Italian Food class how to make sauce and meat balls too! Teaching of proper fist pumping is mandatory as well

They had meet my demands or somebody is going to sleep with the fishes see!

Bada boom Bada Bing !

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Personally, I find such classes to be nothing but tools, for brainwashing people, and putting down other cultures. Specifically, white culture. I am, quite frankly, sick to death of all the nasty racist superior attitude of many hispanics (see La Raza for a prime example), and believe such classes do nothing but increase the problem. How about we teach the kids American history? General Social Studies? When I was in school, we learned things about a LOT of cultures, with no favoritism towards any particular one. There was no "Black History Month", "Mexican-American History Month", Asian History Month", etc. People need to either be American, not hyphenated-American, or get OUT already. Yes, this issue is one I feel strongly about. Tired of being told my race is responsible for all the woes of the world.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

The schools need to play Frank Sinatra, have an Italian Food class how to make sauce and meat balls too! Teaching of proper fist pumping is mandatory as well

They had meet my demands or somebody is going to sleep with the fishes see!

Bada boom Bada Bing !

For real, my home ec cooking class mate was Italian and he made his family's famous spaghetti sauce. True story.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Coming from a family of immigrants who came here legally I would have to say that I find that Mexico is the best lessons in school quite disturbing because this is America and if we want to live here, we should start calling America our home. And yes I believe that all immigrants should go the legal way and call this place their country or get deported.

edit on 9-5-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

Thank you! I have known several fine people that are LEGAL immigrants to this country, and citizens now. They are patriotic, honest, wonderful people. You seem to be the same sort.

The ones wanting classes like this are the other sort; those that believe one can have some mixed-up allegiance, and that all the people that actually founded this country were really just "evil racists", etc. If the kids of today were taught as I was (yeah, been awhile since I was in school...), we would not even be having these discussions!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
If these subjects were taught in general history or social studies classes, I wouldn't have a problem with this. My dream is for general history to include all history in as comprehensive and detailed a form as possible, so that no student goes without learning about as many peoples, cultures, and societies as possible. However, since that wasn't the case when I was in school, I am grateful for the specific, focused ethnic studies I received.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Who the hell are you to deny a kid their education,we as americans were born with a diamond studded spoon in our *snip* mouths,with freedom and opportunity,with hope,you know what happens when an illegal child cant get an american education?He joins a cartel and then he becomes a real problem!

Mod Edit: Removed profanity.
edit on 5/9/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

Since when should American citizens have to pay for the education of an ILLEGAL INVADER??? They are a problem the minute they enter the country. They bankrupt the schools, hospitals, cities, etc. They are all criminals. That's what "illegal" means. Illegal aliens come here, take jobs from the segment of society that most needs them, rub their culture in our faces, and send the money back to Mexico or wherever, to pay for their family to come over and do the same thing. Now they want classes, teaching them how superior they are? Sorry, but that's simply WRONG.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Shouldn't it be the responsibility of the parents to teach their kids the history and culture of their motherland at home? Or if the kid is really interested, can research on the net or at the Library in their own time, if they are so motivated?
I had to find out about Celtic history in my own time (my ancestors) , it wasn't taught to me in my classroom.

edit on 11-5-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
America needs to just build a 50 foot tall 10 feet thick concrete wall over their border with barbed wire ontop and sniper posts it would cost alot to build but it also costs alot to harbor all these illegals coming in america

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
*snip*
This is not an immigration issue. This is an education issue. Presuming that every single student who may take this class is an illegal immigrant is about as logically flawed as you can get.

Denying a legal citizen the right to the education of their choice because of your views on immigration is an injustice and unacceptable in a free country.

Stopping such classes isn't denying people education; it's denying the spending of tax dollars in a racist fashion. If those students want such classes, let their families pay for them, not the rest of the country. In public schools (that I don't really like to begin with), there can be NO favoritism. They should teach the history of the nation, and the world, with general social studies addressing ALL cultures, not just certain ones. No "white men are evil" classes, no "you are better because of your sexual choices" classes, and certainly no classes against freedom and American values. Education in public schools = math, science, accurate history (meaning not revisionist PC crap), English grammar, literature. Elective classes should be for all of the students. Language classes are fine, music, art, etc. Not classes directed at one particular segment of our society.

Unless you support the idea of "White Culture 101", "White History Month", etc, you should not support these classes.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

mexican americans arent immigrants...They are american descendants of..and this threads purpose wasnt meant to justify illegals..It was intended to inform you on a growing issue regarding MEXICAN AMERICAN STUDIES,its not mexican studies,its not hate america studies its(MAS)mexican americans are no more no less american than any other citizen and our rights should be equal to everyone elses.

Therein lies the heart of the issue. Why do they have to be "Mexican-American"? Can't they just be American? Pick a country already. American, or something else, not a little of each. The rights of all citizens are equal, and that means citizens of one particular descent don't get special classes. Under your logic, I should demand that the schools teach classes in "Scotch/Irish/German Studies". See how that sounds?? Heck, to be accurate, toss in a few other places, too. My ancestors got around! But I was content with American History, and World History, and Social Studies. It's called being EQUAL, as opposed to SPECIAL, or BETTER. If the schools cannot teach classes on every other culture in this country, then they cannot teach classes on one in particular. There isn't enough money for the former, so the latter needs to go. Multiculturalism is divisive anyway. We are Americans. Different backgrounds, different ancestors, but American. No hyphens, please.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
And that is what WORLD HISTORY is for. Here in america everyone deserves to be equal, so no you wont be getting special treatment in a ethnic class in AZ. Ethnic studies implies that your ethnicity is special so much that you need your own class about it. That is not what America is about, this is the melting pot. This culture is all cultures not just yours or mine. And like many I am tired and sick of the anti american sentiment going around too. I could rail on Mexico's corruption and how it makes our Government look like a bunch of angels, but im not going to. Be humble we have Cinco de Mayo. Be happy you have a St Patty's day which is basically the same we all get hammered. Be humble you have the liberties here you do not have in Mexico. And if you dont like it and want to be a Mexican then good for you go live there.

Love it or leave it

edit on 11-5-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
*snip*
What you call "separatist", I would call "inclusive". Anybody can take these classes, they are not restricted to Hispanic people. Do you think taking a foreign language in school is "separatist"?

It's separatist because the classes are only taught about ONE culture. Classes paid for with tax dollars. General history classes, and general social studies classes, are what is needed.

On another post of yours, regarding the social awareness issue; public schools are not the place for social engineering. They are the place for education. Math, science, history, grammar and composition, literature. As electives, art, music, and the like. Not classes touting any one part of society over another. Students interested in such classes can take them at a college, where they are paying for it themselves. or, the families can actually be involved with their own children, and teach them about their heritage at home. My parents did. So so I. In fact, I teach my kids everything at home. Partly to avoid the sort of social engineering that is being discussed in this thread. My kids think nothing of race, beyond a simple physical description of the person. They know about many issues, and they don't have the idea that they are better than anyone else. Nor, for that matter, that they are somehow to blame for all the woes of the world. REAL education.

Foreign language classes would be divisive if only offered in one language. Most schools seem to offer several of the major ones, and that's fine. My HS offered, French, Spanish (which, in fact, I took), German, even Latin. A variety. That's a far cry from a class teaching about only one part of a vast and varied culture.

When I was in the later grades in school, we were in Texas. Texas history was part of the curriculum. In that, we learned about the dealing with Mexico as part of the class. No bias, just simple historical facts. What's wrong with getting back to that sort of basics? Fair for all, equal for all. Having a class about one ethnic culture, even if all can attend, isn't fair or equal.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Therein lies the heart of the issue. Why do they have to be "Mexican-American"? Can't they just be American? Pick a country already.

Exactly!

Thats like being a dual citizen, yet many of these self proclaimed "Mexican Americans" have never even been to Mexico, or the mother land or whatever. You cant be two things at once lol, id like to slap the guy that coined that term. That would make me a trifecta... a Italian, Scottish American.

Never been to Italy or Scottland but im a citizen

Im as much an Iraqi American as I am a Italian, Sc0ttish American

edit on 11-5-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Vic I have to say that living in arizona with alot of mexican immigrants has put the sourest taste in my mouth. Im from costa rica so im of latin heritage.. The word patriotism means little to mexicans because if they were truly happy and greatful learning the native language wouldnt be a burden, it would be an honor. When I visit mexico I go with the full understanding that if I cant communicate I might not get serviced. As proud immigrants the lineage is past through generations not schools. Do army brats stationed and schooled in okinawa demand the japanese cater to them? Unfortunately no and japan lets the gaijin know where they are welcome.You migrated for a reason and its usually not for a downgrade in lifestyles

So take responsibility for yourself and your people and if you find it appaling that a non essential course isnt being taught through public education I encourage you to look upon holding a class at a local community college. Being in the land of the free offers great oppurtunity but its up to you to make the best of it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by illuminatitanimulli

If mexican AMERICANS want to learn their heritage at the expense of everyone else, then everyone's heritage should be represented equally. Otherwise, learn it at home where you should be learning it anyway. It's just lazy on the part of parents that the government should take care of these responsibilities.

How is it at anybody's expense? Anybody can go to these classes and learn about a culture. Who is harmed by this?

Who, exactly, do you think pays for public schools? That they are "free" to attend doesn't mean they are actually free. Overhead for the facilities, teachers' salaries, supplies, etc - that all costs a LOT of money, and that money comes in the form of taxes, from American citizens, many of whom don't have kids, or don't have their kids in public schools. How about this for a solution? We abolish the entire public school system, and parents that want their kids schooled can pay for it themselves. Completely. Then, in a totally privatized system, those parents can ask for whatever classes they want, and they can choose what schools to send the kids to, based on the classes offered, or whatever else. Sounds like a great plan to me! My kids learn at home, and I have to wonder how much lower the taxes on my home would be if we weren't paying to educate other people's children! Yeah, because I own a home, I am penalized by the government, forced to pay for "social awareness". That's money taken from MY kids. Better believe I consider that harmful.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by celimonster

call them lies i can tell by your avatar where you stand

of course they wont do it for minimum wage minimum wage is slave labor

and i PERSONALLY KNOW these farm jobs arent paying minimum wage

how do i know ive checked

why cant they afford to live there

because they dont live like certain groups who take the jobs for slave wages and live 12 men to one room while working 16+ hours on a farm

i KNOW MANY people who would LOVE to work the land and enjoy the wilderness but cant AFFORD to do so

tell me im lying i tell you you have an agenda because nothing that comes out of my mouth are lies for i will NEVER waste my energy on such a thing in a world of such VAST CORRUPTION

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Why should the taxpayer be funding such classes? If you want to find an instructor and pay him yourself, then study what you want. But American citizens paying for immigrants to take an "America is evil, our country is better class" really pisses me off. Want to study Mexican culture? Go to Mexico. Lot's of experts on the subject matter there.

AMEN BROTHER! issues like this is what has put this country in the mess it is in.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Perhaps thier running out of $$$$$

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by celimonster

You are a biggotted moron, I am sorry. You do know plenty of us "lazy americans", do things a lot harder on the body for a living than picking fruit and vegitables.... Try installing and sanding floors, picking is a cakewalk compared to that. Try sheetrocking, try framing, try masonry. All kinds of jobs us "lazy americans" do are a hell of a lot harder work than picking in a field.

What we don't do is live 20 to an apartment, and eat chicken and rice 7 days a week, so we can send money back to some other country.
edit on Wed, 11 May 2011 06:26:23 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join