It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a Hurricane sitting off the New England Coast right now? Sure looks like it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

The part about remaining stationary brings back memories of the training that took place with TS Allison. Worth watching this baby, yes?

alerts.weather.gov...

"...A LATE SEASON SPRING NOR'EASTER LOCATED ABOUT 285 MILES SOUTHEAST
OF CAPE COD LATE MONDAY WILL REMAIN NEARLY STATIONARY INTO MID
WEEK. THIS WILL RESULT IN STRONG NORTHEAST WINDS CONTINUING AND
GENERATING VERY LARGE SEAS JUST OFFSHORE OF CAPE COD AND
NANTUCKET. ...HOWEVER THE COMBINATION OF VERY LARGE SEAS OF 15 TO 20 FT
OCCURRING OVER MULTIPLE TIDE CYCLES THROUGH WEDNESDAY WILL RESULT
IN LARGE WAVES BATTERING THE COASTLINE YIELDING MODERATE TO
PERHAPS SIGNIFICANT BEACH EROSION ACROSS EAST AND NORTHEAST FACING
OCEAN EXPOSED BEACHES...."

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well I woke up about 11:30 and tried to go back to sleep and the winds were very still at that point. Then around 12:15 you could tell the first band just got here as the wind just all the sudden started gusting very intently. This has remained consistent for most part as I type.

Thank you folks who have looked deeper into this. I am still going to keep my eye on it though. I don't like surprises and the way our news reports anything anymore I think it is better to look out for ones self these days just to be sure.

I thought I would post this as well as there seems to be some crazy action showing up over the midwest with the circular radar readings as well. If you go to the link and hit "Loop" it is very busy.

LINK

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by k3d59

Ya they made a movie about it with Clooney,, The Perfect Storm,,, very dangerous, not too be taken lightly, was the biggest, high meets low meets high with a presure drop,, record,, of all time might be broken.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Originally posted by Stormgodess
Just wanted to give some information on the Circles located on the radar maps.

I am pretty sure they are Anomalous Propagation, If you notice, they are located at every location of a doppler radar. They often occur on the National Weather Service Mosaic map. Im not sure of the type of map shown in this thread. Here is an awesome site where Meteorologist Jeff Haby, explains in laymen's terms what Anomalous Propagation is, the different types of anomalies, and why they occur. From what I see they occur more often at night. In my opinion due to the temp fluctuations between ground level, and upper level temps. They can also be caused by bird and insect migration.

www.theweatherprediction.com...

Anomalous Propagation is abbreviated as AP. AP and false echoes are one of the biggest enemies of the radar meteorologist. Those without experience in radar meteorology are often "burned" by AP and false echoes.

National Doppler Radar site locations:
radar.weather.gov...

In my opinion, I think the reason they are showing up more lately, is because the Radars themselves have improved over the years, but the software filters used to eliminate this type of artifact has not improved as much.

More info here...
scholar.google.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Accuweather is my most trusted source for weather. These two guys are the best.

www.accuweather.com...

There is nothing abnormal about that low that is off coast or the low that is in the center of the US.

<< 1   >>

join