It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Doing Final Pre-Start Tests At Nuclear Plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Iran doing final pre-start tests at nuclear plant
By Mark Heinrich | Reuters -Mon, 9 May, 2011 TEHRAN (Reuters) -

Iran is conducting final tests at its first nuclear power plant and it is expected to start generating electricity in the next two months, Iranian media said on Monday.

Meant to be the first of a network of nuclear power stations Iran says it is planning, the Russian-built Bushehr complex has missed deadline after deadline to come on stream, most recently fuel had to be removed and checked for technical problems.

Yahoo News Canada

I don't know what to think about this. The timing seems strange. With all
the unrest in the Middle East, and the fact that they have asked the President of Iran to step down
this seems suspicious. Not to mention how angry the rest of the world is with the U.S. after the killing
of bin Laden.

What do you think ATS?

Thanks,
Pax

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
what do i think? i think this is in the wrong forum.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Ya think? J/K I know trying to get a mod to move it. Not sure how I did this.

thanks,

Pas

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Hm...me thinks Israel is gonna bomb it before it can go online...
Wouldn´t suprise me honestly...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Yes, I do not think this is for electrical use, this is very disturbing news.
Very suspicious timing.

Pax

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well I guess this is another tipping point. An Israeli attack on Iran's nuke sites has been predicted for years now, and here we are within touching distance of Iran throwing the switch to it's first power plant. I think we all know that Israel would have attacked a long time ago but for the US keeping it on a tight leash. Now what? Israel will never accept a nuclear Iran. Period. They've tried all they can to stop or delay them without using force (failed revolutions, Stuxnet virus, etc) and now they appear to have stalled the inevitable for as long as they can.

There WILL be a conflict between Israel and Iran eventually. This is one of those times when it could be imminent. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
After Japan I guess they must be very sober about this....
every reactor is as dangerous as a bomb
except it is in your own yard

and upwind of someone who might have something to say about it
and the means to say it.

If Irans treaty rights are sabotaged...it will be one more dirty deed on the naughty list...
and who knows about stuxnet or similar...

I guess if the US or Israel or the West thinks its OK to blow up their reactor
that means it is OK to blow up the West's reactors
that
seems simple enough to comprehend

anyone would go tit for tat..after that
would else would a body do when attacked..
repeatedly?

Though fallout will bring the price of food down for some countries whose currencies are collapsing
and the lighting bills ought to come down too...
( turn up the milk honey , I'm trying to read....)
Radiation is good for you says Anne Coulter.....
and if the us dollar keeps collapsing
guess who will only be able to afford the irradiated food?

messing around could back fire in various bad ways

hey America!
look at the price of oil...
That's demo crazy
obeybee

edit on 9-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Iran is a signee of the NPT. An attack on a nuclear facility designed to generate electricity in Iran would be a violation of section four of the NPT allowing all signee's the right to use nuclear power in order to create electricity.
As far as I'm concerned Iran doesn't currently have intentions to create a nuclear program and they have every right to use this form of energy even though I am opposed to nuclear power period.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The timing of this event comes at a pretty eventful time. I can easily see Israel attacking the nuclear plant soon, but I hope they instead stick to dialouge.

I did a little searching and found another link.

Iran Bushehr nuke plant reloaded, power in July: report

TEHRAN (AFP) – Iran has finished reloading fuel into its first nuclear power plant in the southern city of Bushehr, with expectations it will start producing electricity in July, local media reported on Tuesday.

They sure took a long time to build this thing.

Russia in March blamed the latest delay on internal wear-and-tear at the plant, whose construction had initially started in the 1970s with the help of Germany's Siemens company.
Russia also blamed Iran for forcing its engineers to work with outdated parts in the plant.

Another interesting thing to throw into this whole situation - Iran is supposed to launch 2 satellites soon.

Iran to send two satellites into space

A senior Iranian aerospace official has said the country will soon launch two satellites to take high resolution wall maps and aerial photos of locations around the globe as seen from space.

Head of Aerospace Industries of Iran's Electronics Industries Co., Asghar Ebrahimi, told ISNA news agency on Monday that Iran will send the Fajr (Dawn) satellite into space by September, while the Tolou (Sunrise) satellite will be launched in February 2012.

Im waiting for Israel to say these satellites are only for military purposes.
edit on 10-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by Shenon

Yes, I do not think this is for electrical use, this is very disturbing news.
Very suspicious timing.

Pax

And pray do tell us why it is not for electrical use? Because governments who would love the chance to invade for the oil tell you it is not?

This is a typical western reaction which in part has been fuelled by the MSM, Iran has never been aggressive with any other country in the last 200 years, the only time it has fought has been when it was attacked by another country, for example the Iran Iraq war.

Yes they have issues with Israel but then again what ME country does not have issues with Israel, and lets face it Israel have brought most of it upon themselves, constantly suppressing the Palestinians, stealing their land, breaking UN resolutions consistently with their settlement program and basically turning Palestine into the worlds largest concentration camp.

And what right do we here in the Western countries to dictate how another country should live, how they produce their energy? The US, UK and et all all complain about Iran having nuclear technology, saying they are making nukes to nuke Israel and its a bunch of crap, you can't nuke Israel without nuking Palestine and Iran would never nuke Palestine.

Besides, considering how many wars Iran has started in the last 200 years, to how many wars the west has started in the last 200 years, who really is the most dangerous having nukes? And which is the only country to nuke another, when it wasn't needed as well, after the war was already won, but damn the US wanted to test those weapons

This is all about Isreal wanting to be the big boy on the block, wanting to be the only bully with the big nukes, which by the way the US gave them illegally, by "ACCIDENTALLY" losing one of its nuclear carrying aircraft over Israeli soil... Hmmm

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Of course it is for electricity. It's a power plant built by Russia with IAEA oversight. Power plant legally enrich uranium to 20%. They would have to divert some enriched uranium to another plant and enrich to 90% to make a bomb. The IAEA has NEVER reported any uranium missing. Iran is a signatory to the NYPT which allows them to build plants for energy.
edit on 10-5-2011 by gem_man because: spelling

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Nope, Israel will not bomb the plant as it would spill radiation over most of iran killing millions. Not that Israel would care about that! What they would care about is Irans retaliation which could decimate Israel.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

IF there is an attack it will be Israel that starts it. Iran will overwelm Israel with missles destroying much of Israels infrastructure. I doubt Israel will attack a country they cannot hope to defeat without nukeing them.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Right you are Danbones (as usual) Also, Iran could send thousands of missles to Dimona possibly damaging Israels aging Nuclear reactors. In any case it would be the start of WW3.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

This is all about Isreal wanting to be the big boy on the block, wanting to be the only bully with the big nukes, which by the way the US gave them illegally, by "ACCIDENTALLY" losing one of its nuclear carrying aircraft over Israeli soil... Hmmm

I happened upon this the other night.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Okay, to say that Iran has never been aggressive with another country is just plain incorrect. The President of Iran
Ahmadinejad has constantly made comments about wiping Israel off the map along with the great Satan, the U.S.

He is a complete nut job! Even the Ayatollah thinks so, this is why he was removed from power.

What reason has Iran ever given us that says we can trust them? You cannot have a Rogue leader whom is completely off his rocker, whom threatens countries with Nuclear annihilation running around with Nukes?

The point of this thread, is why now?? Seems very suspicious.

Pax

top topics

join