It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of Crooked Bush, Saskatchewan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Very interesting!

I live in Saskatchewan, I recently moved up to Saskatoon to continue some music with some friends.
I'd love to visit this grove sometime!

Very interesting! :-)

Thank you for this!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian Research has found that they grow this way because of a rare genetic mutation, but where did it come from? Why did they mutate? And why are no surrounding trees affected?

I've seen such similar mutation in trees too, of course some place else. I notice whenever I encounter such tree, there's something really strange in the place, even if you're not looking at those trees. The land contour, shape of rocks, even the smell of the place, everything's just different.

Maybe if you excavate the area, you may find something out of place, or simply something that will send chills down your spine!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
My ancestral home is in Saskatchewan, i plan to make a trip to Little Manitou lake, Batoche, Cumberland House and i will now add the Battlefords on that list. This grove is sacred to the Witigo, respect must be given.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Wow, didn't it seem that the song and the video went on for longer than six minutes?

Incredible, they appear to be in "Ceremony", check this out and tell me if you do not see the similarity:

Kokopelli Legends and Lore

You know, it appears that Aspen is used by Native Americans for making excellent Flutes; I would be interested to see someone make some Flutes from the trees in Crooked Bush. I bet the music would enchant us all, perhaps even to spread Fertility as Kokopelli would!
edit on 5/31/2011 by Greensage because: to add final thought

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Wow, I live in northern Saskatchewan, and have never heard of this either. Would really love to check it out sometime because it really looks cool!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheerfulnihilist

Isnt the witigo supposed to be bad? I mean, everything I have heard about it, it is bad. Like a bad spirit. Always leading Wesackechak (spelling?) astray or something like that...I dont remember lol.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DBRessurected

Manitou's mark the land where their spirits dwell. Seeing these twisted trees, i wonder if bad medicine haunts the place, Witigo would twist the life into odd shapes like the twisted spirit itself.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheerfulnihilist

Totally off topic, but are you native by any chance? and if so, what kind? lol, I mean like Cree, Ojibway etc...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
For those that are wondering,These are Live Oaks.

I don't know if Oaks are a similar mutation, but I'd like to see if those Aspen could make it down here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join