It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaktipat - Real or fraud?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
"Shaktipat/a: Transmission of spiritual power (Shakti) from the Guru to the disciple; spiritual awakening by grace."

There are so many "Gurus" out there that claim they can pass on shakti or enlightenment or kundalini to their disciples through either being prayed to or by merely touching them. In many cases the Guru will say he or she (strangely enough there are many female Gurus who claim this) will do it at no charge at all. These Gurus live in rather big houses all over the world through the many donations they get.

I for one do not believe that shakti can be passed to people through veneration of a guru or by his touch - I further don't believe anybody who says they are enlightened are. The only way to reach enlightenment is through our personal efforts.

All you have to do is type in "shaktipat" on google and you will find at least 1000 purveyors of shaktipat with courses you could take and their own websites.

[edit on 1-8-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't know about it being passed form person to person....but I know it's a rare thing and there can't be that many people doing it if it can be don't.....I get so sick of all the fakes and money grabbers!

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I'm an Indian fellow and believe you me, Shakti cannot be passed on by the touch of a Guru, in doing so, it contradicts the very essence of eastern philosophy, to attain Shakti through ones own means. I travelled to India recently and witnessed many 'gurus' dubbing themselves to be supreme teachers with the power of transcendence, hogwash I tell you.

Deep

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hmmm, didn't Vivekananda experience enlightenment for a few moments through his guru RamaKrishna?

I do think shaktipat is genuine, it's only with REAL gurus though. And most gurus do happen to be frauds, unfortunately. It's rare to find a real guru.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I know this is an old thread, but i think this is a very important topic. A few months ago I watched a video on youtube of this master/guru giving a skaktipat initiation with a mantra phrase that was to be repeated after the inititation. I did not think much of it and thought it was not going to do much. After watching the video and receiving the mantra and initiation to my utter amazement i felt like some kind of energy was coursing through my spine. It completely took me by surprise. On the website of this guru it was stated that after you are initiation you should visualize the guru's picture and chant the mantra silently. On the website it stated that after you receive initiation when the kundalini starts to get activated you body will start performing all kinds of yogic postures and breathing exercises by itself. So after I received the initiation I sat down to meditate and started repeating the mantra and immediately I felt like my body wanted to move. To my utter amazement and disbelief my body started to move and perform yogic postures one after the other. The postures my body was doing were so unique that I had never seen them in any book or movie anywhere. This lasted for about 1 hour straight without stopping. It felt like I was in a meditative state and my body was like a doll being moved into different postures with incredible precision. After the mediation I felt very peaceful and centered. It was like a natural high, it was one of the most incredible and amazing things that has happened in my entire life. If you are interested here are the videos. The guru's name is Guru Siyag.

Facebook: www.facebook.com...

Mantra Video 1: www.youtube.com...

Mantra Video 2: www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

There are so many "Gurus" out there that claim they can pass on shakti or enlightenment or kundalini to their disciples through either being prayed to or by merely touching them. In many cases the Guru will say he or she (strangely enough there are many female Gurus who claim this) will do it at no charge at all. These Gurus live in rather big houses all over the world through the many donations they get.

To my understanding..

This "power" does truly exist..it is One. However, the thought of a "Guru" implies it being separate..not One..something created, not real, fake..in a sense. [if that is how you should understand it]. Claiming these abilities to be there own, is a falsehood in every way..they are servicing themselves. This ability does lie in some, but it does not come from them..it comes through them.

I for one do not believe that shakti can be passed to people through veneration of a guru or by his touch - I further don't believe anybody who says they are enlightened are. The only way to reach enlightenment is through our personal efforts.

You are on the right track, and I am pleased to know this. The enlightenment which you speak of, that is being "passed" is not a physical thing being moved from one object to another. Think of it as the watering of a seed that has been awaiting rain forever. A "guru" can not water the seed itself, all that being can do is make the grower aware that they have the soil, the seed is in it, they have a water source, and that they must take it from there

top topics

join