It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have Permission to Travel in Your OWN Country - You'll Need It!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

democracy Look up democracy at Dictionary.com 1570s, from M.Fr. démocratie (14c.), from M.L. democratia (13c.), from Gk. demokratia "popular government," from demos "common people," originally "district" (see demotic), + kratos "rule, strength" (see -cracy). Democracy implies that the man must take the responsibility for choosing his rulers and representatives, and for the maintenance of his own 'rights' against the possible and probable encroachments of the government which he has sanctioned to act for him in public matters. [Ezra Pound, "ABC of Economics," 1933]

-cracy Look up -cracy at Dictionary.com comb. element forming nouns meaning "rule or government by," from Fr. -cratie or M.L. -cratia, from Gk. -kratia "power, might; rule, sway; power over; a power, authority," from kratos "strength," from PIE *kratus "power, strength" (see hard). The connective -o- has come to be viewed as part of it. Productive in English from c.1800.

I've always thought that that was the applied meaning of the word, concerning our society. Power over common people.

Some could argue it means control by the people, but seriously, when you look out the window, which interpretation do you see unraveling?...

After the end of WWII, the USA integrated Nazi scientists and SS were put in then OSS that became CIA. Were there any other spheres of influence that were filled by Nazis? It looks like it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
i fear the day i can no longer travel freely in my own country. that will be the day i get shot or get locked up. i do not and will not tolerate the government trying to stop me from going about in my own country! consequences be damned

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I bet this will happen real soon. All it took was an underwear bomber to invoke what we now have in the airports. Big sis is going to make sure no one in this country lives a private life. Soon as this crap hit with bin laden i just knew this was coming.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by unbanable123
i fear the day i can no longer travel freely in my own country. that will be the day i get shot or get locked up.

Stop being so dramatic.

You don't want to end up in a torture cell in eastern Europe do you?

Then keep quiet, because your government renditions people to black sites and tortures them. Do you really want to threaten that group of people? And for what, a couple of stars on the internet?

I for one welcome our new executive-appointed overlords.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
if you think the power that be would try and pull this one over on us your a fool and if you think every person in the united states would take this liying down your a fool. this would be more of a burden than good. think it over for a second. and if this dose happen to be a real thing. i wont take it liying down. # em

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well, i have something to say and i'm certain it won't be popular...
I'm getting tired of watching my country men sit down and allow themselves to be castrated of their honor and freedoms, and i'm sick of watchin weak willed women offer up their children to the tsa molestors. Freedom is GONE and it is OUR faults.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Travel? You need a permission form just to sit at home, called an ID card. Without this permission to exist in the boundries of your country, they put you in jail. When I was a child, you didn't need an ID to exist in America.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
At least the Nazis were polite about it.... "Papers please..."
Today's law enforcement could be polite about enslaving their fellow citizens, I'm not really sure which decade I'd rather live in, the now, or Nazi Germany. At least the food back then was fresher and non GMO.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

At least the food back then was fresher and non GMO.

Times are sad when we have to come to this kind of conclusion... I agree food must have been better in every possible ways...

Sadder is... you are right Nazis were more polite...

If we were in the Star wars universe, we would be PART of the Empire, not the Rebels...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

Yet, the sheeple keep voting their rights away...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi

If we were in the Star wars universe, we would be PART of the Empire, not the Rebels...

True. I've always thought that.
Sad.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Chuck Schummer and Lindsey Graham met with Obama last week over the national ID card they are pushing . Both parties are and Obama wants it also . It's being sold as a card that illegals couldn't get because it will be biometric so employers would know right away who is an illegal and who isn't . That will be the card we'll be showing to the Gestapo at checkpoints . They are saying that the Post Office can do it for $200.00 per card and postal workers would be given the equipment and training to do a thumb print and a retina scan and imprint those on the card as well as a RFID chip in the card with your personal information on it . Big money for the Post Office and a big loss of freedom for the rest of us . Google Chuck Schummer , Lindsey Graham , Obama , National ID Card and you'll see .

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Those who wait until it affects them, will stand alone when it does. By Robert Wolfe

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Here is Schumer in a U Tube Video - backing the Gestapo Checkpoints.

www.activistpost.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join