It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland Declares Independence from International Banks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I thought this was interesting find. Surprised it hasn't been posted yet as far as I can tell. Wish we would tell the bankers to go pound sound ourselves. Good for Iceland I say. Perhaps they will be the first domino or at least one can wish and dream.Could it be just as simple as Just say No?

By Bill Wilson – Iceland is free. And it will remain so, so long as her people wish to remain autonomous of the foreign domination of her would-be masters — in this case, international bankers.

On April 9, the fiercely independent people of island-nation defeated a referendum that would have bailed out the UK and the Netherlands who had covered the deposits of British and Dutch investors who had lost funds in Icesave bank in 2008.

At the time of the bank’s failure, Iceland refused to cover the losses. But the UK and Netherlands nonetheless have demanded that Iceland repay them for the “loan” as a condition for admission into the European Union.

In response, the Icelandic people have told Europe to go pound sand. The final vote was 103,207 to 69,462, or 58.9 percent to 39.7 percent. “Taxpayers should not be responsible for paying the debts of a private institution,” said Sigriur Andersen, a spokeswoman for the Advice group that opposed the bailout.

Read more at NetRightDaily.com: netrightdaily.com...

Read the Rest of Article Here
edit on 9-5-2011 by onehuman because: afterthought

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

GO Iceland!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Good Find. I support Iceland's people on their choice.
Thanks

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So in other words, an Earthquake or other "natural" disaster is going to hit Iceland soon?
edit on 9-5-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Good for them now what will we do

Will we follow, following is always easy for the sheeple...

edit on 9-5-2011 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

That is EXACTLY what came to my mind as well. The first thing I thought of right after, 'Go Iceland!'

Remember Iceland is covered in volcanoes:

en.wikipedia.org...

Wouldn't surprise me to see a 'natural' disaster soon.

ETA: Hm. Now I am wondering if they already received a taste of it due to disobeying the NWO:

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 5/9/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I assume the next article will be, "Irish Townships Invaded by Modified Icelandic Fishing Trawlers".

Confidence has always been a positive trait of Icelanders.

edit on 9-5-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Iceland is the bravest nation on the planet.

I really never thought I would have any reason to say those words in my life.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That is awesome! It takes one to stand up, and eventually others will follow..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
So in other words, an Earthquake or other "natural" disaster is going to hit Iceland soon?
edit on 9-5-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Either that, or a new terrorist organization will be found to be harboring themselves in Iceland and require heavy occupation to be rid of them.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Their Volcano will erupt again only this time it will be even more devastating....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I wonder how long it will be before we get news that Iceland has an uprising and the government is being cruel to its people?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
As a Dutchie myself is just want to say: Good for you people
. The public should not end up holding the bag for some out of control private bank that got light in the head. And with less than half a milion people living there the 5 bilion in debt is enormous, for the UK and the Netherlands it's bearable.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is awesome news...

Private citizens are not responsible to pay a failed private business debts unless it is their own business.. Wow, what a concept! /sarcasm

This used to be a given anywhere in the world,,, Or should I say..It is a given almost anywhere in the world, except not in the USA anymore because of the 3 stooges, "Clintons, Bush's, and Obama's"

edit on 9-5-2011 by alienreality because: eta

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I guess if there is all the sudden very strong volcano activity we may have a very good clue as to why. I think I will definitely keep my eye on that region.

I wonder how they got that to come around for a vote anyway. I mean is there anyway we the people could make that happen as well in say the USA? What would it take?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Pretty inspirational news. I love it! Now, when are they stringing up those bankers and will it be on youtube?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Our politicians will never allow us to have a vote on issues that really matter to us. Iceland is a country that is much more Of the people and By the people.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

I wonder how they got that to come around for a vote anyway. I mean is there anyway we the people could make that happen as well in say the USA? What would it take?

The US is so big and diverse it would be difficult to get people all on the same page like that, particularly with our media machine pumping out propaganda 24/7.

One thing Iceland has going for it is that it is small and cozy and people can still get together and chat. The move from smaller states to big trade unions like the EU is a way to make it harder for people to control their governments.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Man, it does feel good to see a country have a win. I am really sick of wasting my time feeding this machine. Grats to them, drats to us. Let's all go close our bank accounts just for the hell of it. Who's with me.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Good stuff!!
I wonder how long it will be before the PTB will "find" that Iceland harbors terrorists and wmd's.
I'm sure something will be made up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join