It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Results of the 2011 ATS User Survey

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Glad to see the gender divide is not so wide on ATS. I think people might be shocked that there are so many female users because some men seem to presume women aren't interested in these kind of topics. As a woman I can say I am not surprised that the percentage is so high, I just wish it were higher.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I missed the survey! Could have added one more female to the statistics. But over all, I thought it was very good.
edit on 11-5-2011 by ellieN because: added to..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Sorry I missed the survey. Why wasn't there the same age span on young folks as there was on middle aged folks? I'm curious to know the percentage of thoughtful young minds here.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
49% said they didnt want to see "subscriptions to premium content"

edit on 11/5/2011 by Ashyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I like the graphics of the survey.............

Also, there is SO much information a business would find invaluable about it's ''customers'' from those results....

If you want / looking to employ a roving reporter in the UK / Europe then I will throw my hat into the ring...

Regards

PDUK

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The most bizarre stat of all here is that 60% of respondents were non-members. It's near impossible to get anyone online to take a survey unless they're being in some way rewarded for it, so I find the numbers suspicious. This doesn't represent the spread of ATS members as was the intention. Next time you might want to have a sign up link within the thread and only allow those registered to participate. Perhaps even have a 5-10 post rule on participants such as the 20 post new thread rule. More membership is great for the above network and its advertisers .

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I almost never bother to log-in when browsing trough ATS. I don't know why, I guess I just forget. I like to pop-in, read the interesting topics and that's it. I guess it's the same for a lot of people, that's why 60% of poll participants were unregistered.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
wonder which goverment body will "benefit" from these statistics.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
LMAO @ 4% Phd. and LMAO @ least desired is premium content subscriptions.(cheap bastards)ats should charge,then there would be no trolls or uneducated fingers above keyboards..

Educated does not equate intelligence. There are many people who never had any education any further than high school, who instead went for the real life work experience instead. They can be just as intelligent as those that went the rout of education, also just because someone may be less intelligent dose not mean that they do not have a right to speak their mind on topics as well.

Making this site a pay site would not keep the trolls away, you might even have accounts hijacked so that trolls could use them to post without paying.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
The most bizarre stat of all here is that 60% of respondents were non-members. It's near impossible to get anyone online to take a survey unless they're being in some way rewarded for it

Keep in mind that the actual number of respondents using the survey actually represents only about 4% of the total visitors who came to the site in that time frame. From that respect, the ratio would seem accurate.

This doesn't represent the spread of ATS members as was the intention.

There was never any intention to limit the survey to members-only.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Thanks for elaborating. It was my (wrong) assumption that the survey would be geared towards members as opposed to 'users', as you've correctly termed in the OP and on the survey itself.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAinhabitant

Sorry I missed the survey. Why wasn't there the same age span on young folks as there was on middle aged folks? I'm curious to know the percentage of thoughtful young minds here.

How young were you thinking? As you can tell by my name that I'm 16, there was a thread a few weeks back about younger people on ATS, only a few posted in it though.
As for the survey, like someone else said, I don't usually log on and just browse so I didn't get the message in time and obviously missed links posted on the website.

Jake

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
i wouldve bet my pool cue that aliens and ufo's would be the number 1 forum on this site...
but its not.interesting.
i wonder would this be because of the quality,actually the lack of quality, of "lights in the sky" video's. a lot of which are obvious fakes and really make me cringe when i see them posted here with headlines like " must see best evidence ever of ufo's!" or the like. a heck of a lot are bedroom cgi made.
i'd guess that people, myself included, are tired of these video's and are being put off the forum because of them

i love polls i think its great to see whats popular and not and i thought the grapic for the results was excellent.
well done site owners. you've created an excellent informative thought provoking website up there with the very best. keep up the good work

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I am curious as to why you are surprised at that percentage. What surprised me is my age group, I am 63, is the lowest percentage of users of ATS.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Ditto!! I am female, age 63. I was surprised there aren't more of us using ATS!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It would be interesting to know the number/percentage of ATS users who did not complete the survey.

edit on 23/10/2011 by eolas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join