It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Results of the 2011 ATS User Survey

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ah, gotcha, Thought it was weird that nobody else said anything, when usually they are on mistakes in 2 seconds flat. I've been out of school WAY to long I guess.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Results already? We just got the damn thing.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

As far as I can tell, the 2nd poll concerning Bin Laden has not been completed yet. Am I correct on that? It may not matter, because I can't say for sure if I would actually participate or not. However, it would be nice to have the option.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3854c027b34.jpeg[/atsimg]
I'm not sure why I am seeing this, nor do I know what the 'Survey Code' is, but I do know I have not taken the survey yet. Am I missing something? Just curious.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
come on with the mobile app!!! i mean, don't get me wrong, i have ats up about 95% of the day, but what about that other 5%??? you know, when i'm out on a smoke break????
for real, i love everything about this site, and a mobile app would just make the icing taste that much better

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
So what does this mean for ATS?

How is this going to help you decide upon the direction the site will advance?

I don't know if I would want to know where it's going lol. On the results above "What ATS visitors do LEAST while online", it was 36.4% in favor of "Social Networking". I find that odd considering this is a FORUM where all we do is wach videos and Socialize with each other.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So much education, assuming the numbers are true. Hell, even some PhD's! (expecting a few lies though)
Nice to see a gender balance.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Where my girls at?!! LOL That was the only piece of info that mattered to me most

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Looks like some fun to run with numbers. The real no shcoker to this survey for me is the number of people that reported politics as one of the least popular topics on the site. But I wonder if the people who reported under that question were not into politics itself, but were influenced more by the the amount of disgust they have for politicians themselves and the useless amount of B.S. that politicians come up with instead of doing what they are supposed to, and that's they're jobs !!!!!!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I expected the female users to be around 15%, so I am surprised by those numbers. I don't know if I've ever told you guys, but I like girls. I think they're swell. Believe it or not, I'm not a big purple hippopotamus in real life.

In-field investigative reporting would add so much to the site in my opinion, and I see that others share my sentiment as well. That would be very awesome if it were implemented.
edit on 5/11/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/11/11 by JiggyPotamus because: Formatting Error - Dun wurry I fixeded itz.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Hmmmm, the majority of visitors to ATS are 18-34, with a higher education, earn 40,000-60,000, office professional, unmarried, are addicted to the internet (4-6 hrs per day), and are most interested in aliens, alternative news, conspiracy theories, and space. And visits this site 4-6 times everyday.

If the F.B.I. were to use these traits to create a psychological make-up, they would come up with: Such persons do not exist.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I am relieved at most of the results. Intelligent people who are concerned, and not interested in junk.

How in the world did you glean this from the survey? The majority visit this site 4-6 times per day. They're all searching for bigfoot, aliens, and government conspiracies. If that's not junk, I don't know what is.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

A fair few women have complained about being harassed because of gender, hopefully these results sets a precedence to how they are treated so as to not turn them off this site for good.

Peace.

SoS.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Future surveys might want to include the category "under-employed" to cover those who have had their hours cut, been asked to "take mandatory leave" or suddenly found themselves classified as a "consultant!"

Yeah, and might also want to include how many eat junk food, live in parent's basement, have been wearing the same sweat pants for the last five years, are overweight, and take a bath every eight days whether they need it or not.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
Interesting results, the only flaw that I find about it is, how can we determine if lies have somehow tweaked the results?

Just a thought, I guess we could never really tell.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
They can always check with the membership status and compare the results with the list of female members. Most people put their sex and age(the age they put is usually close to their actual age) The webmasters may have a way to determine who is female and where they are from.
Sorry that we missed the survey.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I am relieved at most of the results. Intelligent people who are concerned, and not interested in junk. I'm very disappointed that most of you all are 18-to-34. I could tell though. Judging by many posts I have seen. The level of immaturity displayed at times. So I am in an extreme minority here. As a female, and not, ummm 18-to-34.

This is kind of opinion you can keep to yourself thank you
edit on 11-5-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
So a mobile app in the near future is not looking too great

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
So a mobile app in the near future is not looking too great

Yeah, I was kind of sad when I saw this too as I usually lurk a lot on ATS mobile

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I will be an investigating reporter - i am really nosey i am female lol !!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I too am female and in an under represented age group! :-)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join