It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness in US trial next week to say ISI complicit in Mumbai Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

The apparent involvement of the Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate (ISI), Pakistan's premier spy agency, in international attacks carried out by Islamic militants is to be revealed in a trial starting next week in the US.

A former member of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a violent Pakistan-based extremist group with close links to the Pakistani military, is expected to tell a court in Chicago that ISI officers were complicit in the November 2008 terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India's commercial capital, in which more than 160 people died.

Headley claimed he was trained by an ISI non-commissioned officer in clandestine techniques and that he kept his handler – named as "Major Iqbal" – up to date with planning for the raid. The ISI also provided training and facilities to the attack team as well as funding his own surveillance operations, said Headley, who changed his name from Dawood Gilani.

The trial is supposed to start next week. The outcome of this could have huge consquences involving the India-Pakistan relationship, along with the US-Pakistan relationship.

If India finally gets proof the ISI was involved in the Mumbai attacks, I would think India will retaliate somehow. I doubt India will take this trial lightly. Both countries have nuclear weapons and have been pretty pissed at eachother for awhile now.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have to say..I'm suspicious.

The timing seems a bit too coincindental.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Agreed. The Pakistan-US tension has definantly risen in the past week. A CIA agents identity was again leaked to the Pakistan media not too long ago. Fears that the US will grab Pakistans nuclear weapons are spreading. The Pakistan military chief says they will attack US soldiers if they launch anymore raids into the country.....Dosent look good.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Looks like they're trying to incite another war here. If the U.S can't have Pakistan, no one can. I wouldn't be surprised though if the ISI was a part of the horrible Mumbai attacks. If the ISI goes down though, I'm sure they'll drag the CIA down with them. Maybe some more information regarding the CIA and other intelligence agencies at least.

top topics

join