It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waiting for the end? do you fear it or do you embrace it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The growing feeling among people lately seems to be that of "The end of the world in one way or another" a global change for the better or an apocalyptic doomsday scenario.

disasters - natural or man made, political war & Terra' fear-mongering, chest beating between the countries of the world flashing their military power.
The bailouts and growing knowledge that money has no real value, the gap between the rich/poor continues to grow.

Prophecies bibles revelations, Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce the Maya long count calender, Hopi Prophecy Blue Star Kachina, Niburu or planet-x, Timewave zero. and countless other end of the world prophecies are coming to the last chapter.

the Novelty Theory suggests that periods in history repeat but in a shorter time frame, such as Novelty from the dark ages repeating later in a generation of time, this comes to an end described as anything and everything happening all at once. lately there has been back to back Novel events that effect large amounts of people if not the world.

I think we can all agree at the very least for this thread, that the world as we know it is close to the end of a chapter and hopefully the dawning of a new age of enlightenment will follow, not the heavily publicized doomsday that seems to be pushed by the mainstream and forced into the thoughts of the masses.

so my question to all of you waiting for the end.

- do you fear the end? do you ignore the signs and feel life is and always will be the way it is?

-do you embrace it? are you preparing in your own way for what you perceive to be the coming end of the world as we know it?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
The growing feeling among people lately seems to be that of "The end of the world in one way or another" a global change for the better or an apocalyptic doomsday scenario.

disasters - natural or man made, political war & Terra' fear-mongering, chest beating between the countries of the world flashing their military power.
The bailouts and growing knowledge that money has no real value, the gap between the rich/poor continues to grow.

Prophecies bibles revelations, Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce the Maya long count calender, Hopi Prophecy Blue Star Kachina, Niburu or planet-x, Timewave zero. and countless other end of the world prophecies are coming to the last chapter.

the Novelty Theory suggests that periods in history repeat but in a shorter time frame, such as Novelty from the dark ages repeating later in a generation of time, this comes to an end described as anything and everything happening all at once. lately there has been back to back Novel events that effect large amounts of people if not the world.

I think we can all agree at the very least for this thread, that the world as we know it is close to the end of a chapter and hopefully the dawning of a new age of enlightenment will follow, not the heavily publicized doomsday that seems to be pushed by the mainstream and forced into the thoughts of the masses.

so my question to all of you waiting for the end.

- do you fear the end? do you ignore the signs and feel life is and always will be the way it is?

-do you embrace it? are you preparing in your own way for what you perceive to be the coming end of the world as we know it?

I embrace the end of the world because there's a slight chance that the society following it will actually do the right thing.
edit on 9-5-2011 by prolific because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I embrace it.

Im tired of the rat race.

I make a good bit of money, but it has only created more problems in my life.

Im ready to live off of the land and fend for myself.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It is definitely time to hit the big reset button. Our current society sucks big time. I will not mourn it's passing.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

- do you fear the end?

I don't fear it, but I don't look forward to the ride. We don't KNOW suffering yet.

do you ignore the signs and feel life is and always will be the way it is?

Good lord, I certainly hope not. Too much is off the rails.

I do not embrace it, but I am weary of the way this place is run. So much misallocation of concern, emotion, resources, and so on - so many people in this world live in constant hunger if not more extreme conditions, so many ignored on the streets but HEY! There's a game in that stadium right there!

We have the power and resources to address everyone's needs - but we don't. I know this is more to blame on the very upper crusts of humanity and the massive piles of wealth and goods they've accumulated for themselves, but we're all guilty to some degree.

Steps to prepare? I mainly keep that on a spiritual keel, and hope I do well. I don't think anyone will escape what's coming, and if we could, I'm not sure I really deserve to as I've not done enough for my fellow men myself.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Embrace it...

Fast track back home bro...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I say "Bring it on"!!...Theres nothing to be scared of...if things were to happen the way some say or think then hopefully it wont be too painful but if it is it wont last long...or if I were to be a survivor I would be going shoppin...I would have everything i ever wanted,even tho it might not be for long but i would at least enjoy it while it lasts...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Personally I am rather indifferent to it. If the end is on the way, there really isnt much I can do to change that. So all I can do is live for today, because we are never promised tomorrow.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I don't believe that the end of the world is nigh, but if I'm wrong, of course I don't embrace it. Who in their right mind would? I know so many people want it to all end but I don't, I enjoy life too much to just have it taken away like that. I don't want to die in my 20s, the end can come later.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I am mentally preparing for something to happen. Thats all I can do really. There are so many things that could happen so you don't really know what to prepare for. If it happens it happens. If it doesn't then great!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Embrace it... Things will only get better, I'm thinking.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
........I wish their was a delete button. I can't tell you how many times I've double posted.
edit on 9-5-2011 by AmrikazNightmar3 because: double post

new topics

top topics

join