It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay rights legal papers go on view for 1st time at the Library of Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the best place for this thread, if it isn't mods please move to correct place.

Documents from gay rights history are on display for the first time at the Library of Congress as part of an exhibit on the nation’s constitutional history and civil rights protections.

The documents come from gay rights pioneer Frank Kameny, who was fired as a government astronomer in 1957 because he was gay. The library is showing Kameny’s 1961 petition to the U.S. Supreme Court, contesting his firing.

The library quietly placed the documents on view at the end of April in an exhibit called “Creating the United States,” which traces the evolution of the nation’s founding documents and legal framework.

www.washingtonpost.com... y.html

So I think this is good news, Govt. should have no say in people's personal lives
Though I think that the sexual orientation should have no place in the Library of Congress I guess it's more for the fight of rights more than it is sexual orientation and in that case it does have it's place in the library.

I would rather see a world where sexual orientation is a non-issue because... I mean to each their own at the end of the day but we do not live in that world unfortunately.

I am a very pro-choice person, though I do not always agree with other pro-choicers on what topics can be labelled under pro-choice but I thought this was a good article with good news so I thought I would post it.

Thank You
MA

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Though I think that the sexual orientation should have no place in the Library of Congress I guess it's more for the fight of rights more than it is sexual orientation and in that case it does have it's place in the library.

Very insightful statement. I agree with you on this. It's good news and will be a part of history.

new topics

join