It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow Government Bunkers: Security Heightened at Underground Storage Facilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
"It important to mention that not all bunker facilities are wholly owned by the United States government. Many, like the one in Springfield, Missouri depicted in the video at the bottom of this article, are reportedly owned by private interests. These facilities have been carved out inside of existing mines and their purpose is not exactly clear, other than they are designed for housing large groups of individuals and/or supplies for extended periods of time – and they’re quite secure and almost impenetrable without heavy duty blasting equipment once the doors are shut."

www.shtfplan.com...

So these bunkers are owned by private interests yet the secured is done by homeland security???

In the artical it also mentions "that the government has built literal underground cities spanning hundreds of thousands of square feet, complete with everything from nuclear power generation to facilities capable of manufacturing just about any modern day product"

He also go into say that these bunker are becoming more active in recent time with upping there orders on goods to be delivered on site

In the artical there are pictures, the place looks huge!
edit on 9-5-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Thanks for sharing the article. It's interesting to have the truck driver's perspective, as well as the photos. S&F!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Good artical
Those LUCKY folx sure have it their way

edit on 5/9/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
None of this looks good for us. (Peons). This site. (Ats) it all seems to be pointing in one direction. Down. But hey if something catastrophic is amis, at least corporate logic, corruption, greed, and tyranny will live on to enslave the next society much more efficiently.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'd rather die than have to live underground for god knows who long anyway better hope they stock plenty of repti lights for that vitamin D3 or people are gonna start getting really depressed

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
great find. this has been exposed a few times in the last few years but as this shows the numbers are growing all over the United States.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

There are shadow government debunkers?

My my, I'll have to dig into my old bookmarks when I get home, after 9/11 there was no secret about the shadow government, continuity-of-government programs, Mt. Weather and the like.

Will see if I still have them...since such old news is apparently no longer of value to Google or Bing...and post some official news articles if I can.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

There are shadow government debunkers?

My my, I'll have to dig into my old bookmarks when I get home, after 9/11 there was no secret about the shadow government, continuity-of-government programs, Mt. Weather and the like.

Will see if I still have them...since such old news is apparently no longer of value to Google or Bing...and post some official news articles if I can.

No this is about Shadow goverment BUNKERS, not Debunkers. lol

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The Hutchinson Kansas site isnt as nefarious as the author makes it out to be. Its an old salt mine used for secure document storage. Salt mines have supper low humidity, meaning it makes the perfect repository for sensitive items like film and paper.

Our Hutchinson salt mine facility was established in the unused portions of a working mine, during the height of Cold War nuclear concerns, as a safe haven for sensitive information and assets. Since 1959 Fortune 500 companies and small businesses alike have stored here, from every industry, around the world. It is the largest single storage facility for movie and television film internationally.

Safely tucked away from prying eyes and disaster, more than 1.7 million square feet of space holds untold millions of items in cool, dry conditions. That is roughly equivalent to 35 football fields encased in solid stone, more than 45 stories below the ravages of man and nature.

That which you value will be preserved here, perpetually. It’s called forever storage. It’s arguably the world’s largest time capsule.

Click here to listen to a National Public Radio story of the 650′ deep trip underground

What do we store? Anything worth keeping for the sake of your business, for the sake of legal protection, for the sake of timeless security or cultural record.

Geographic Separation, Times Two

The salt mine facility offers distance from you, and distance from disaster. It is miles from any seismic activity, rivers, densely populated areas, military installations, and hurricane zones. Though no place is 100% safe from flooding, you can rest assured that this facility is well-distanced from major flood plains. Should the unthinkable happen in your area, the keys to recovery are safely in our hands.
Formidable Depth Protection

650 feet of earth and solid stone is an incomparable ally. No tornado, wildfire, rainfall, explosion, blizzard, ice storm, hail storm, or civil unrest will threaten your items. Our roof can’t leak. Fire can’t jump from the building next door (there isn’t one).

Ideal Storage Environment

Rain or shine, power or no, winter or summer – the salt mine facility remains cool, dry and surprisingly clean. Most media feels right at home down here. Additionally, you can specify custom climate controls and air filtration.

Physical and Technological Security Measures

We employ security measures like biometric scans, video cameras, redundant authorizations, steel vault doors, blind passwords, anonymous storage, restricted personnel access, infrared monitors, and more that we cannot reveal. We offer customized private vaults and rooms, private bays, and a host of features to suit your needs.

Fast Access To Your Items

Every item is barcoded and located upon arrival. Our wholly-owned transportation fleet is on the streets around the nation, ready to serve you. Overnight shipping, faxing, scanning and digital transmission ensure immediate access to your materials.

www.undergroundvaults.com...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I had a funny [read: sick and disturbed] thought just now.

Create a false alarm. Have all of the elitists who got us into these messes, wars, and robbed the American people flee into their bunkers like fleeing rats they are.

Then seal the doors from the outside with cement, welded metal, and bricks. Start over with a new system.

I need therapy. lol

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
In the artical it also mentions "that the government has built literal underground cities spanning hundreds of thousands of square feet, complete with everything from nuclear power generation to facilities capable of manufacturing just about any modern day product"

If they're going to use nuclear power they're screwed. One small earthquake or even ONE small human error and everything they did is for naught. I guess it's the only feasible power source but if that starts leaking and they don;t know it, they're toast.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

AshleyD!
That was deep

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

haha...read the article itself right, but totally did not put 2 & 2 together to re-read the headline.

Thanks, good on you helping keep my head small

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Underground people would be the first to be caved in on, or boiled alive if it was any kind of earthquake type thing.

There are underground salt mines in KS that I've toured that look just like this. They take the salt out, which is just a layer of sediment 600 feet deep, and it leaves that type of structure. A network of hallways. They store all kinds of stuff down there, mainly because it's naturally temperature controlled, and almost no humidity thanks to the salt.

Anyways, not discounting that there are bunkers, but this looks more like old mining sites where they use them as warehouses now. Didn't look like a whole lot of security to worry about.
edit on 9-5-2011 by CuriousEnigma because: spelling

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ashley, if it wasn't endemic to humanity in general and I thought those remaining outside would clean up their ways, I could almost relish that thought.

@camaro68ss, glad I'm not the only one checking out the SHTF blog

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Interesting indeed. You know they know something bad is coming when you see things like this..but of course its not for us* ide find out what else those companys are linked too, prodcuts, mergers, and not buy it anymore..if our pockets cna be hurt, hurt thiers too. i wonder what they know that we dont yet? ya know? clearly to have an underground bunker, for a compnay, in this case, many would surely indicate something bad is on its way..mamade or natural or both.
i find it suprisng, in that list on the website, i dont see other infamous bilderberg companys too..liek coca cola, pantene, prob neutrogena, nestle, ect ect u get the idea.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this. S&F

I've been following this for a long time now - people aren't laughing any more and I hope this goes viral. The more we know the better.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ok, so you have 2 choices: you can moan about the more intelligent "elite" who have decided to do the wise thing and take out Insurance against future catastrophe, or you can do the same thing. For those of you with the resources, there are Private companies providing alternative shelter :
www.terravivos.com... is just one of these. Or you can do it yourself and build a back yard bunker. Or just moan that you see others doing the responsible thing. The reality is, if catastrophe strikes, it will be every man for himself and there will be very little time to get inside. So unless you are living there at the time, it's all a moot point.

new topics

top topics

join