It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Was Right In Front of Our Eyes

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I just really do not understand this thread or what it portends for life as I know it. I suppose one could say we have finally gotten rid of the REDs.....

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Originally posted by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth
I swear I have been saying for a long time now that the sun is too bright, I too remember the days when I could look at the sun through my squinted eyes and see an orange ball, now when you try to look, you can't, you can't even look near the sun it is so blindingly bright, its color is pure white.

So true.

Good thread S&F

S&F from my side too. I live on top of a mid-height mountain range...The past 2 years, sunlight has increasingly become more intense, and white-bright.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Holy crap you have alot of posters to this thread..well done.
When i was a child, i did the stupid thing your not supposed to do,
often whilst standing waiting for the school bus, id look up, on the clear days, and stare directly at the sun.
I did this often for up to a minute or so.
Stupid and ignorant to the danger of permanant blindness, yes.
I got lucky though.
Anyhow this is my observation fromwhat i remember,
the sun appears white or yellow or orange, reddish orange at sunset, but staring into it for a time it appears to repeatley change colors, from blue, red, purple black and mixes these colors ontop of eachother , so you get an effect where it looks like a blue and red and balck disk are being swapped over ontop over eachother, and you can see the other disks swaying and wobbling underneat the top one etc..especially black i remember because who would think the sun as being black
of course now we see this effect when people record the sun onto dv cameras etc...and there is an explination for it as an effect caused by the equiptment. So the retina of the eyes must be the same way.
Anyhow the other thing i notice when i was a teenager, supposedly we cant detect infared or ultra violet with out eyes, so I am told.
however I remember several times when it would be a sunny day, especially when it would be sunny with clouds as the effect im going to talk about showed up better over the top of a white background ie clouds. howver then i noticed it everywhere even seemingly comming off the concrete or whatever surface id be looking at, only on sunny days though.
Id go into one of those day dreaming states "trance state", you know where you look off into the distance out of boredom or whatever.
Anyhow id notice that there were translucent pink waves that kept on coming over of the sky, like kind of like...when you see a heat haze effect..similar to that, except it was dfinatley pulsating , flashing, wave formations and pink in color.
Like as if it was coming at you right into your eye.
now this was looking at the sky not the sun.
then once i snapped out of this trance state...i noticed this wave effect all the time...just like how at night when everything is quiet you can hear a high pitched hummming sound...like that...its there all the time but you dont notice it and generally forget about it.
So what Im saying is from about age 17 I could see these waves and then I mentioned it to my brother who is 3 years older than me and he said he had noticed the same thing and was really suprised I asked him about it as nobody else had mentioned it, he thought he'd keep quuiet about it as he didnt want to appear as mad telling everyone he could see pink waves in the sky....or something like that..my brother said how wierd it was that we never noticed these pink waves before..especially as when your younger you generally go into day dreams a lot more often, so you would think as a small child we would have seen it, before getting into our late teens.
So I came to the conclusion that the pink waves were an effect of UV radiation getting in through the hole in the ozonelayer.
So a couple of questions.
Anyone else noticed this effect..concidering i am from UK originally and first noticed it 20 years ago.
never heard anyone else mention this effect other than my brother.
Also can the human eye detect UV radiation ???
i cant think any other explination,

Just an extra thought..i never gave much thought to people who go on about chemtrails but if they are spraying something in the sky, it might be to block out this UV radiation...like i said I noticed this 20 years ago and at the time it was pretty noticable, yet I never heard anyone talk about it but my brother...and i never mentioned it to anyone other than him...So maybe the chemtrails are trying to block all the damage done to the ozone layer. ive not noticed these waves for years, but i aint been looking for them ether. i also lives in very sunny places and did not notice them...so is it likley that this was a local problem to the UK? or have they blocked the UV with chemicals? or did it just heal over itself.
Anyhow it wasnt my imagination, be great to hear if anyone else remembers seeing this effect.

edit on 11-5-2011 by splitlevel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by B.Morrison

Oh man !, I just came back home and went straight to ATS to check your results with the prism. Brother, you gotta stop this "I remember the sun...." thing.

I don't understand how is possible to remember if the sun had a different color 10 or 20 years ago (unless we were talking about really opposite colors), but maybe all these brothers and sisters are right and new age has began.

Well...firstly sorry for the 24hr delay - its miserable weather here at the moment so the sunlight isn't great, very overcast but I did take my "right angle Prism" outside and had a look & saw nothing whatsoever.

I don't have a clue how the OP could have seen the colour spectrum of the sun via this prism because thats not how it works, that is, unless it was done in a box with a slit through it like the original experiments?

actually I now think I probably did the experiment wrong. I just walked outside & looked at the sun through the prism through all sides - I did see multi coloured aura's around trees through it, but no rainbows courtesy of the sun. I will try again when I get a chance and the weather is good but for now I'm going to have to reserve judgement as I think I stuffed up the experiment.

I'll post here & u2u you too when I get it right as I don't know when I'll see good enough weather here again..could be a while,

peace,
-Bob

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Summary of the thread? Too lazy to read it all.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

yeas.. i noticed the last week or so, my shoulders are red.. i work outside most of the time.. but its not summer yet.. i were a short sleve shirt at work.. but my shoulders are already burnt.. odd and this is the first year i can say i been burned already..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Yes, quite a few of my friends and I have been talking about that lately. Were in the midwest, but I grew up in florida and until this year I just didnt burn. Also I've noticed the sun being more white and a lot brighter. Over the past few months I've tried looking at the sun several times the same way I have for the last 35 years, by wearing shades and putting hand up to block or, eclipse sun if you will, so you can make out the edges for a second before it hurts. Try that tomorrow if you're fortunate enough to be able to see the sky through the "contrails" where you are. It's so bright I can no longer make out the edges.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I think everything is a theory......on that note, I have been in construction for the past 10 yrs and I work outside every single day. I am a very observant aquarius, and I have been telling my girlfriend almost everyday now for the past yr that something isnt right....or should I say, things are changing. Everything I am reading in these comments are exactly what I have been noticing. The day may be beautiful and warm, but the sun has been glowing white and extremely hot on the skin. Those who are truly aware and can observe things for what they are can see the changes happening........

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Good thread

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl
reply to post by Ev0lveUp

I know the lack of Vitamin D causes weight gain, which I've noticed not only with myself but with others around me, but is the Vitamin D carried in the Red light ban?

Actually, it's made from uvb

Cholecalciferol Forms In The Skin
Cholecalciferol is formed in the skin when ultraviolet light of the correct wavelength, UVB, strikes bare skin. Enormous quantities of cholecalciferol are rapidly made in the skin if: the sun is high in the sky (midday and the summer season), your skin is not covered by clothes or sunblock, you stay in the sun until your skin just begins to turn pink (not red), you are not behind glass. Glass blocks virtually all UVB, preventing vitamin D from being made.

source: www.vitamindcouncil.org...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by aquarianmind

I think everything is a theory......on that note, I have been in construction for the past 10 yrs and I work outside every single day. I am a very observant aquarius, and I have been telling my girlfriend almost everyday now for the past yr that something isnt right....or should I say, things are changing. Everything I am reading in these comments are exactly what I have been noticing. The day may be beautiful and warm, but the sun has been glowing white and extremely hot on the skin. Those who are truly aware and can observe things for what they are can see the changes happening........

I work outside most every day as well, and I havent noticed that at all. Been spending most my time outside for at least te years as well, farming and building.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mind1
Summary of the thread? Too lazy to read it all.

"I remember the sun being different!"

"ME too"

"Me three, old photos look funny!"

"Oh, so it's confirmed!"

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Seen the film called The Book of Eli? Turns out that the PTB had made a hole in the sky which caused the suns rays to damage the earth almost beyond repair, making people go blind etc. Magnetic void you say? Hmm..

Do you think these ('alleged') geo-engineering shenanigans are an attempt to shield our planet, in a manner similar to that as described by Sitchen re: Nibiru/ gold particles in atmospheric suspension...?

WOAH... What if the PTB know that there's a chance our orbit may be affected (by, say, a collision with a 'comet debris field') in the near future!?!?!?

But in all seriousness, I too remember a more golden glow to the sun's rays as a child. Whether I'm projecting my modern perception that 'something is wrong with the world' onto my memories, who can say?

I have yet to check out the links - and I am fascinated that an actual experiment (crystal prism) might mean this is a provable 'mother of all conspiracies'..?!?!?!

It could also explain why we've been suckered with a digital switchover by the sound of the original post - again, need to check the references, but seems that the OP wouldn't just make this up if he's claiming scientific proof.

S&F..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Did you read the links or conduct any experimentation? Seems it will be easy to refute if the experiments cannot be replicated. Has anyone done this yet? Have you? If not, why the hell are you posting tripe instead of getting yourself a prism and checking for yourself?

Originally posted by aquarianmind

I am a very observant aquarius, and I have been telling my girlfriend almost everyday now for the past yr that something isnt right....or should I say, things are changing. Everything I am reading in these comments are exactly what I have been noticing. The day may be beautiful and warm, but the sun has been glowing white and extremely hot on the skin. Those who are truly aware and can observe things for what they are can see the changes happening........

Um.. No offence intended, truly, AquarianMind - but you claim to have noticed 'the same as everyone else', and that you are an 'observant aquarius'. People won't take that seriously, will they? Or is that the point?

As a new user on the site you'll perhaps not know that there are members who literally enjoy ripping to pieces anyone who claims any sort of confidence in astrology. They will use the fact that you believe that somehow there are only twelve character types on planet Earth, as a means to discredit you (and the opinions you hold or share with others).

I question your motivations only because sometimes, what happens is, that a person with some kind of agenda will create sock puppet accounts - in order to bring down the credibility of a 'dangerous subject', to a level whereby it won't be taken seriously if the (apparent) majority of people holding a 'dangerous opinion' on this 'dangerous subject' also subscribe to beliefs widely and commonly known to be (sorry) nonsense.

If you are a true practitioner of a sort of alchemical astrology (the old-fashioned, real type) then kudos, and I apologise for any offence I may have caused you. If you genuinely believe in the fake modern astrology, then I'm sure you'll enjoy figuring out why it can't possibly be true. Again, I appreciate that as a new member his may not be what you want to hear, but I need to make sure that the (potential) reality of this 'dangerous subject' ("There is something wrong with the Sun") isn't being tampered with by clever agents and their sock puppets.

It's a crazy thing to try and convey without causing offence, so please - please, be assured of my good intentions. I wish you well on ATS. And you may have guessed by now, I'm not too popular on here, so take my words with a pinch of salt.

edit on 12-5-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: adding response to AquarianMind - which will probably go down like a lead balloon.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Speaking of red! We had some thunderstorms move through a few days ago and I noticed that some of the lighting made a red glow in the clouds. It was strange because I usually see whitish light from lighting. This was in Henry, Virginia near Martinsville.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Maybe the air's just getting cleaner, and that's why it seems so bright.

Heh. I knew I couldn't say that without laughing a little.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by Ev0lveUp

Circumstantial evidence:

All broadcasts follow Red Green Blue frequencies. Whoops. Not now. They phased that out. We went digital. Television screens use Red Blue Green to make all colors through triangulation, and we’re all using different screens now. Flat screens, LCD, etc. In the UK, they want to put radio on digital waves as well.

I can only comment on the above portion of this ridiculous post.

All broadcasts follow red blue green frequencies? What the hell does that mean? Let's have a little lesson on color, shall we? And please, someone feel free to elaborate as I may come up short on my explanation.

There are two types of color I will talk about. The first is the type you see when you look at a painting or a photograph. Physical media like these produce color by reflecting light from a light source back to the eye. If you see something that looks green, the media is absorbing all of the visible frequencies except green. Reflected color is referred to as "subtractive" color. This means that you start off with primary colors, then as you add other colors, the media (paint) becomes darker. Red and blue make purple. Yellow and red make orange. Red, green and blue make brown. Got it?

Now, televisions reproduce colors by projecting light from a light source. That light source is filtered through picture elements (pixels) of three primary colors: Red, Green and Blue. Projected color is ADDITIVE. This means that if you mix red, green and blue together at the same intensity, you get WHITE light. Also, some newer HDTVs are adding a yellow pixel to the color space to reproduce yellows better, which has always been a weakness of the RGB color space. Anyway. Both CRTs and flat screens reproduce color the same way. The only difference is in the mechanical assemblies used. Digital or analog - it's still the same.

I have no idea what the OP is trying to say, and it makes absolutely NO sense. If sunlight is reaching earth in a slightly shifted color spectrum than last year, it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference to a TV set. If something is happening, I would think that it would affect TVs, and it aint.

Man I am getting off track, but i just want to know who is giving this thread so many stars and flags?

As a postscript, Broadcast TV went digital for several reasons: It's better picture quality; It uses less RF spectrum; You can squeeze digital channels closer together in the RF spectrum with no crosstalk. Analog was hogging so much spectrum that there was no room left for new wireless devices - cellphones, crackberries, new devices yet to hit the market. Also, for many years TV stations were simulcasting in analog AND digital, hogging even MORE spectrum. Once they killed analog broadcasts, it opened up huge blocks of spectrum for these new devices. And it all has nothing to do with the world shifting frequencies, which is one of the most ridiculous theories lacking in any proof that I read on this site. Seriously, there is more evidence of UFOs and Jesus having risen from the dead than this new age baloney.

Yeah, I think the Post was meaning to mention frequencies/wavelengths, and not colors persay, and each color has its own wavelength.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Surely this can be proven / disproven by scientific data?

Someone catch me up if sunlight data from present has been compared to data from say, 30 years ago ?

I can do this. I have done a very similar experiment in my Biology lab when examining photosynthesis under these different spectra. I can say that the leaves of plants have many different pigments. In my past experiment we were able to separate the different pigments, chlorophyll a and b, and xanthophyll, along with carotens were separated them from the leaves of the plants After separating these pigments and using a device i think it was called a spectrophotometer that inputs different wavelengths (matching wavelength with color spectrum) that were absorbed and transmitted, we found that the chlorophylls A and B actually absorbed red and blue-violet light, and reflected green and yellow green. So the color that is not absorbed is green just to add, while xanthophyll absorbed blue and reflected reds and yellows.

We also took I-2 to the leaves of a different group of the same plant after placing a special thin plastic covering of different colors over individual large leaves. The I-2 reacted with the starch in the plants produced during photosynthesis, and produced a dark purple color, this showed us how much photosynthesis was taking place under different light spectra. Red showed the most dramatic reaction to the I-2. So red was the most absorbed.

An experiment may be able to be done but it would take along time to come up with a conclusion. If the hypothesis is that the red spectrum of the sun is decreasing, then one could check the photosynthesis of a certain plant species that mainly has chlorophylls as its pigment, and check the photosynthesis rate of individual plants year after year, then see if photosynthesis has decreased. There are just so many variables to take into account if one was to do the experiment. It would be better maybe to be able to isolate those individual pigments and test the absorption from sunlight in a very isolated way over at least a few years and see if there is less red light being absorbed over time.
I thought about this one for a long time, and at my current junior biology level I can't think of any more accurate ideas, anyone want to add?
Peace,
Marriah

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Read through the first 8 pages and then the last three, anyway, lots of talk about sunburns and what not but the original thread intrigued me and I remember reading this from another favorite spot of mine. The gentleman who runs this site is supposedly releasing an e-book for all to read for free and will have "mind blowing" revelations. We shall see. Anyway, everything he posts on his site is relevant to what he thinks we should be paying attention to. It just so happens that this thread touched upon some of his material. Check it out:

battleofearth.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I didn't read the entire thread so sorry if this has been covered but what about global dimming?? Could this also effect the type of light reaching the inner atmosphere?

Global dimming is the gradual reduction in the amount of global direct irradiance at the Earth's surface that was observed for several decades after the start of systematic measurements in the 1950s. The effect varies by location, but worldwide it has been estimated to be of the order of a 4% reduction over the three decades from 1960–1990. However, after discounting an anomaly caused by the eruption of Mount Pinatubo in 1991, a very slight reversal in the overall trend has been observed.[1] It is thought to have been caused by an increase in particulates such as sulfate aerosols in the atmosphere due to human action. Global dimming has interfered with the hydrological cycle by reducing evaporation and may have reduced rainfall in some areas. Global dimming also creates a cooling effect that may have partially masked the effect of greenhouse gases on global warming. Deliberate manipulation of this dimming effect is now being considered as a geoengineering technique to reduce the impact of global warming.

There is a lot more to the wiki article.

en.wikipedia.org...

I would think that with the planet dimming, the change in colors would also occur?

The article states that as we reduced several chemicals that we used the sunlight is starting to return to normal levels. Just thought I would throw this into the arena

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join