It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Short and sweet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Amazing allegory. That's the point people keep forgetting when they attack Ds for "profiting" off of the "nanny state". They forget that the biggest welfare queens in our "nanny state" are the ultra wealthy.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

as far as welfare for individuals

What would you expect the millions of unemployed people to do?

I understand some people can subside and hats off to them... But the majority
of people will return to their animalistic roots, which breaks down society as a matter of fact.
This increases the cost of security, detention, healthcare, in turn this decreases property values,
wages and consolidates power for the rich, who in-turn buy the political system .

I think you have switched your problem set, replaced your old problems with a new set of problems.
Although you use to recognize politically speaking, how easy it is to hide things that are not in your face.
We do not have to experience a society that is fraying at the seems due to creating a massive shanty class.

Desperate people
do have a cost,

THE BLIND SPOT

Mexico City is a great example of how ignoring the resulting destitution creates a pretty nasty place.
There are square miles of shanty towns, the police carry automatic weapons out of necessity, crime
is clearly more lucrative than decent work. As part of your growth, maybe you should go visit a country that has largely followed the model you promote? Go experience it and see how economic liberty manifests itself,

see if you would trade the worst of what you see there,

for the worst of what you see here.

Could not hurt

edit on 9-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Poor example.

The two countries are simply incompatible as a comparison.

The differences in ability to secure resources is far too great.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Janky Red

Poor example.

The two countries are simply incompatible as a comparison.

The differences in ability to secure resources is far too great.

Are you saying that hungry people in America, are different than hungry people in Mexico?

I am not talking about the nations, I am talking about living examples of economic; "fall as you might"

If America introduced the current numbers of unemployed people to the streets, the face of the country
would change dramatically, just the cost of increased police, jailing and sanitation would be staggering.

Its not magic, it is not like hungry people disappear once they fall out.

I have been to the Shanty towns that ring Mexico city, I have walked 6th street in Downtown L.A in the middle of the night a decade ago. They are composed of the same things, people doing what hungry people do.

edit on 9-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fear_Fear
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

What you just said is not only hilarious but makes perfect sense.
Did you come up with that second part or is it borrowed?

My Dad said it my entire life, but I think the credit goes to Benjamin Franklin. I paraphrased it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join