It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Tube: Not a Credible source to cite!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I have to point this out to people at least once a day, sometimes more then that. You Tube is NOT a credible source to cite. Any idiot can post videos to you tube. Almost every prediction i see has a YT video with it.

deny Ignorance, deny You TUBE. Find credible sources, experts in the subject matter which yout posting about.

Posting videos from YT is just as bad as citing Facebook.

Please people, lets use a little bit of common sense, instead of spreading the fear with YT vids, take the time to research, and find credible sources.

Thank you

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
On GLP they act like Youtube is the bible! I swear to gawd(LOL)I might as well went and asked the mailman for advice!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

yeah GLP is just as bad, i went there a couple times and after that i believe they embrace ingnorance.
2nd

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You deserve a star and a flag! Besides fear monger from youtube is like taking a burger from a book store, you know it's no good but you take it anyway

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think YouTube is great cause it's so open. I'd rather be able to filter bull$hit myself than have someone with an agenda filtering for me.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You yourself, as a human being using your brain are just as creditable as anything or anyone you will find anywhere. It's not where you find something, it is what you do with what you find through using your intelligence....Remember "Read everything, Listen to everybody, And don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." ~ William Cooper 1943-2001

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I hear they are getting rid of Google Video. So Youtube seems to be the only real provider.

Should people start searching Ebaum's World or CollegeHumor for UFOs / video upload information?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
i don't think all members of you tube are idiots. There are some people who want to share good infos. But we have to find them between others.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I dont have any problems with people going to you tube, and watching things. But if someone wants to post it as a source, they need to research it, the subject matter, and the person that posted it. Its the research that makes a post good, people can tell when someone has done their homework, and thought about it, and people can see when someone watches a YTv and runs screaming and yelling and posting it here.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
i think youtube offers
more not less creditable
sources than mainstmedia

unfiltered uncensored
for the most part

from citizens of the world
funny

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yes. Considering that we are talking about Youtube being a bad source for information - I would say it is the lesser of the evils. Keeping in mind all Main Stream Broadcable stations are utter bullocks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythos13
I have to point this out to people at least once a day, sometimes more then that. You Tube is NOT a credible source to cite. Any idiot can post videos to you tube. Almost every prediction i see has a YT video with it.

deny Ignorance, deny You TUBE. Find credible sources, experts in the subject matter which yout posting about.

Posting videos from YT is just as bad as citing Facebook.

Please people, lets use a little bit of common sense, instead of spreading the fear with YT vids, take the time to research, and find credible sources.
Thank you

Yes but anyone can write a book. Fear mongering with home made videos is not the same as posting the Discovery Channel story. Sometimes a video says many thing the viewer can verify or investigate on their own because the video (or book) got them interested in the topic.
Rather than ask people not to add information produced on video -(is it just youtube you don't like?) why not simply ask people to cite their sources?
Whether you describe an event with a video or a book or a blog you should additionally cite more conclusive, hopefully expert sources and data.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Star and Flag OP! I agree.

Have you ever sat and read through a few pages of Youtube comments? Basically it's the who's who of human fecal matter.

Just to add I also agree with LaTouffe. You have to wade throught the horse s**t to find good vids.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: To add Kudos to LaTouffe!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

whats the deal with god like,i opend one thread there and got 3 warnings that attacs agaist my computer wer blocked?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

I couldn't agree more use your head and to say Youtube is totally uncreditable is kind of an ignorant statement its full of all kinds of information from REAL people with videos of real situations sure there is plenty of disinfo but the same can be said about most of everything out there now days especially the media. So you are saying people should just trust the media and not believe the millions of videos out there on Youtube full of interesting facts and visual evidence? Do your research yes because you can't believe everything you hear but to say Youtube personal videos or videos of events as they happen are no source for info is just a bunch of b.s. IMO

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

If you use the comments section for any kind of info your failing right there people use the comments section almost any where as a playground to put down other people and to just talk smack about something or even to use it as a place to try to gain followers on places such as Twitter or Facebook and even as a advertisement tool. Do not use the comment section to get your info from plain and simple.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

i think your missing my point. I have no problem with YT, but i want people to research it first, before taking it at face value and posting here as a source.
edit on 5/9/2011 by Mythos13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/9/2011 by Mythos13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Godhood

Ha ha trust me I don't use the comments sections on Youtube for anything other than scoffing at the bickering idiots! You don't have to worry there.

Although it is useful for gaining insight into how many individuals behave when they believe they are anonymous.

new topics

top topics

join