It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your personal economy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
it's been about 6 months since i last asked this question.

previous thread

for those who replied, has it improved, stayed the same, or decreased.

is anyone now feeling a crunch that they did not 6 months ago?

personally, i can admit mine has improved a bit.
i've basically finished my switch from selling arts and crafts type merchandise to focusing on almost exclusively 'needed' objects.

are you losing a downhill battle, or heading uphill dragging a dufflebag of cash?
edit on 9-5-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Improved a bit but the price of gas and the ever increasing cost of commodities adds up.

So I guess it is more of balanced out! Or the same as before.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Actually doing a bit better now. Still have my job, hubby found a job. It helps though that I got rid of all credit cards and started paying cash for everything. You really seem to watch every penny that way.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I am still doing fine, but I definitely notice the increase costs. They are not high enough to affect my behaviors yet, but they are definitely noticeable. My plan to adopt a simpler lifestyle may be happening just in time.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by picky
hi im newish and need 20 posts,so hello folks

cheater and a newbie.
welcome, now answer the question.
how is your personal economy doing since 6 months ago?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

me too, mostly the rise in organic foods and gas.
driving an r.v. for markets at 8 miles a gallon hurts.
far less side trips and camping.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Holding steady - well, actually losing slightly. I still make a decent salary, but I haven't had an increase in pay while prices for many things, especially food and fuel, have climbed significantly.

But I can't complain too much - I make enough to pay my bills and even have a little bit left to play with at the end of the month. I'm doing better than a lot of other folks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Well, I'm still making the same money, because no raise in January due to the federal pay freeze. I just have so much debt that I'm throwing all my money at, you know, college etc.etc.... And having a baby last year has changed the economic picture a bit. Overall, I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I would say losing ground... and the same applies to everyone I know..

although one of the fortunate ones where our income is higher than it was 6 months ago that change hasn't kept pace with food and energy increases ( which seem set to keep increasing) and the income increase has been offset by higher tax payments to the Gov..

All in all the same lose/lose situation seems to apply to everyone I know... tho if I compared it to a year ago then things do seem better.. most of my neighbours/friends then where at best down to working part time and literally drowning.. now most are working full time but drowning in the waterboarding kind of way.
edit on 9/5/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Actually doing better income wise, however feel poorer for some reason! I guess that's the sagging dollar / commodity speculation. Also work is drying up, and having to look further afield.

new topics

top topics

join