It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Conversation with Julian Assange, Part I

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

In Conversation with Julian Assange, Part I

e-flux.com

The interview is divided into two parts—in the first, I was interested in tracing his work back to its beginnings. I was not interested in his court case or private life, but in his public work as the voice of WikiLeaks, and the experiences and philosophical background that informs such a monumentally polemical project. In the second part, which will be published in the following issue of e-flux journal, Assange responds to questions posed to him by artists Goldin+Senneby, Paul Chan, Metahaven (Daniel van der Velden and Vinca Kruk), Martha Rosler, Luis Camnitzer, Superflex, Philippe Parreno,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Great interview of Assange, he finally lets us in a little about his life, political point of view, the founding of WikiLeaks to hiring hackers, he even goes as far as talking about his connections and much more good stuff. I'm still sorting through the interview taking in the information and I'll post more details of my thought of the interview. I just wanted to make sure this out there.

enjoy

e-flux.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
(Excerpt)

ASS: Well, you see my 15 minutes are up.

INT: And?

ASS: Well, they are up and I have no "good" information. At least nothing to topple banks, and the other claims I made. So I am grasping at air time!

INT: (Yawning)

ASS: I promise though, I still have some secrets. PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!!

(/excerpt)

Hasn't this clown dissappeared yet?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
(Excerpt)

ASS: Well, you see my 15 minutes are up.

INT: And?

ASS: Well, they are up and I have no "good" information. At least nothing to topple banks, and the other claims I made. So I am grasping at air time!

INT: (Yawning)

ASS: I promise though, I still have some secrets. PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!!

(/excerpt)

Hasn't this clown dissappeared yet?

Nope!!!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
clowns are scary.

very

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by redzareptile

AHH!! I F**KING HATE CLOWNS!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
funny feeling this guy works with the gov,utherwise im shure he would have had an accident by now,or comited suicde by shootin himself in the head twice.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have no reason to believe the JA works for the GOV or anyone for that matter. I can't believe how much information he's put out and nobody has done nothing. This paragraph caught my eye

HUO: And you’ve got cables there as well.

JA: Yes, there was a big one we did for Yemen, which revealed that the president had conspired with the United States to have the US bomb Yemen and say that the Yemeni Air Force did it. So that was a big revelation that we released in December of last year. Although the President is still there, he has been handing out tremendous concessions as a result. That’s been happening throughout the Arab world now—some of them are literally handing out cash, and land, and offering cabinet posts to some of the more liberal forces in the country. They’ve been pulling election timetables forward, saying they’ll resign at the next election—many interesting and important types of concessions. So, although I think we will see a few more go down, in the end it actually doesn’t really matter whether the leader is removed or not. What matters is that the power structure of the government changes. If you make the concessions that the people want, you’re actually nearly all of the way when you want to be a just and responsible elite.

top topics

join