It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts: proposed "arsenal" law"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Yep, straight from the Liberal play book. All military members are mindless robot killing machines.

Sure sure.
You don't have the stomach for alot in life.
I get your general attitude. Since you don't like or have guns, neither should anyone else. Only because you may at some point in your musicians life cross paths with a scarey, savage caveman with a gun.

I hate guitars, thus you should be limited in how many you have and how you store them.
And spare me the crap of "it can't hurt people". You could beat someone to death with a guitar, strangle them with the strings.
You have a predetermined mindset of those that have and own guns. This mindset will never change, which is not the problem. The problem is your superiority complex in thinking that you can and need to control what others do, via Govt. Social engineering I believe is what it's called.
Guns, guitars, shoes, belts, food, cars, gold or what ever. You, nor the Govt has any business in telling the American people if they can have them, how much they have or where to secure it.

Boils down to control, period.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Oh, and anyone going off to beat the anti-war or anti-military drum, in the name of a fallen soldier is a coward. No soldier would want their name used in this way. They volunteered and chose to service, so people like you would not have to.
Wish they have the vomit emoticon.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Oh, and anyone going off to beat the anti-war or anti-military drum, in the name of a fallen soldier is a coward. No soldier would want their name used in this way. They volunteered and chose to service, so people like you would not have to.
Wish they have the vomit emoticon.

I remember him as a friend more than a soldier. and how dare you call me a coward. If you came up to me with a gun in your hand I would spit in your face.

He fought for the Afghan citizens, he wanted to free them from the Taliban and grew a very large heart for the children of that war torn country, in that right I respect him greatly.

As a Canadian soldier he stood for and upheld the values of Canadian citizens, one of which is freedom of speech and freedom to express my own beliefs and opinions. He would most certainly wan't his name to stand for that right.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Spit in my face, oh I am scared internet tough guy.

You use his name for anti-war and anti-military drama and bullcrap. You are a coward. If you weren't, then there would be no reason to bring him up. It is merely an attempt to embolden your thoughts and views.
Again, anyone using a fallen military member's name for anti-war crap is a coward. Kind of like sitting behind your computer and spitting on me.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You use his name for anti-war and anti-military drama and bullcrap. You are a coward. If you weren't, then there would be no reason to bring him up. It is merely an attempt to embolden your thoughts and views.
Again, anyone using a fallen military member's name for anti-war crap is a coward. Kind of like sitting behind your computer and spitting on me.

LEARN HOW TO READ:

As a Canadian soldier he stood for and upheld the values of Canadian citizens, one of which is freedom of speech and freedom to express my own beliefs and opinions. He would most certainly wan't his name to stand for that right.

and give it a rest bud, you don't think calling me a coward for 13 pages on an internet forum isn't being and "internet tough guy"

I used to do exotic animal education, I've held snakes that weigh more than you and animals more dangerous than your bullets.

in your eyes im a liberal Canadian cowardly musician, but what may I ask do you do for a living that makes you friggin braveheart.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I think all cleaning companies and bodegas who have more than ten bottles of bleach and ammonia on hand should have to get a permit and a special alarm system too. [/sarcasm]

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn

LEARN HOW TO READ:

and give it a rest bud, you don't think calling me a coward for 13 pages on an internet forum isn't being and "internet tough guy"

I used to do exotic animal education, I've held snakes that weigh more than you and animals more dangerous than your bullets.

in your eyes im a liberal Canadian cowardly musician, but what may I ask do you do for a living that makes you friggin braveheart.

Um, maybe take your own advice. I had not called you a coward up until you used his name along side your "I chose not to join because I'm not a mindless killer" crap. Now you downplay it into something, but it is very unclear as to what. I chose not to join, but here is a friend that died in combat. Ok, and then what?

Oh, and you can touch snakes, I fail to see what that has to do with anything.
You are trying to be clever, and it has failed.
You went around the fact that since you don't like something, then no one should have it.
You have a superiority complex in thinking you know what's best and rally behind the Govt doing that bidding.
That is the typical Liberal mentality.
It has nothing to do with what I do for a living. I don't go around thinking that I have a say in what you have or do in your house. That is the difference.
You don't like guns= No one should have guns.
Please, stay in Canada and let your fellow citizens deal with you.

edit on 11-5-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

And lets get one more thing straight while we are at it. You are not a coward for not joining the military and serving. I would not want anyone in a military that did not want to be there. It creates distrust between those that you rely on, and I would not trust you in any engagement. Those that chose to serve do so that those that don't want to can stay.
You are a coward for using the name of a fallen soldier in the name of Anti-war and Anti-military crap.
Get it straight.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Civility and decorum...

Will rule the day and this thread... The personal attacks, ill mannered barbs and off topic banter will stop now... Lest we discover what kind of arsenal I have... I personally prefer the semi-dried stuff for flinging but I'll use the fresh stuff if the situation demands it...

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Posting Conduct… Play The Ball – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

So let's all get along and contribute in a positive, ATS kind of way...

Thanks.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You are a coward for using the name of a fallen soldier in the name of Anti-war and Anti-military crap.
Get it straight.

i'll be sure to tell everyone at the anniversary get together that i'm a coward for remembering the values he stood for.

am I supposed to use his name for pro war and pro guns? i'll ask his family in case i'm incorrect.

HE WANTED PEACE IN AFGHANISTAN AND FOR THE PEOPLE OF AFGHANISTAN TO BE FREE NOT TO BE AT WAR

I don't know what your american soldiers fight for, but here in Canada we fight for peace and freedom.i'm sorry that guns aren't at the top of our priorities.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

MACMAN, I have been following your battle with your pacifist friend. Surly you realize that it is a waste of time. He is young, blindly idealistic, probably unemployed and living with Mom and Dad. Until he gets out into the real world and supports a family he will not understand truly what it means to be responsible for someones life. Lots of young people are indoctrinated in school into this blind ideology. Most come around a little anyway when they get their feet wet in life.

Relax buddy, save the fight for when it counts. Then, battle on.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

No problem.
Back on topic.
No Govt agency in the US has the right to impose such restrictions on citizens. It matters not what they have or how much.
This is a blatant misuse or law and a gross violation of Constitutional rights.
Mass will remain on my "Do not travel to/through or live in State".

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

Yes I am aware, as stated in past responses. I even advised others not to try to change his/her mind on the matter, yet got sucked in myself.

Oh well. Back on topic.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I formerly apologize. As I was apparently the only anti-gun believer in this thread, i felt like i was backed into a corner and took it upon myself to counter balance the discussion.

I agree that this got wayyyy off topic and was hoping a mod would just come along and close this....but being called a cowardly left winged elitist didnt sit well with me...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

No problem.
Back on topic.
No Govt agency in the US has the right to impose such restrictions on citizens. It matters not what they have or how much.
This is a blatant misuse or law and a gross violation of Constitutional rights.
Mass will remain on my "Do not travel to/through or live in State".

Totally agree with you. This entire issue is about control, the government wants it and we see it again and again in all areas of our life. We have seen this desire for control throughout history and all over this world. Really old theme. I choose not to be controlled. Sometime ago lots of folks got together and fought to lose the chains of control from a King and form a freedom loving nation. For those that like to be controlled there are presently a long list of nations that would like to control you. I suggest that if someone likes that level of control that they should let their feet do some walking.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn

I formerly apologize. As I was apparently the only anti-gun believer in this thread, i felt like i was backed into a corner and took it upon myself to counter balance the discussion.

I agree that this got wayyyy off topic and was hoping a mod would just come along and close this....but being called a cowardly left winged elitist didnt sit well with me...

If it means anything to you and for what is is worth, I'm impressed by your above statement and apology. No offense meant in my diagnosis of your situation, just experience. It is good to experience all that life has to offer but change comes with age and experience, hopefully a good change. Be well and prosper.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Yeah, always nice to apologize publicly, then turn around and send a PM from the other side of the fence.

\

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Boy is that shocking. Sex offenders get a slap on the wrist. I'll never understand that one. MA is one messed up state.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well here in Canada, if you own 10 or more registered guns a firearms officer (RCMP) will call to make an appointment and come to your residence to ensure that you're storing them within the extremely restrictive laws for safe storage we have here. If you say, leave your rifle/shotgun in the open, even with a trigger lock on it, it could be taken away, as well as all of your other guns for up to 60 days I believe. It is a criminal offense here to have a gun rack in your bedroom, if your ammo isn't locked up. If a cop is in your home for an unrelated reason and spots a gun which is unregistered or stored near ammo or not locked up in a safe or in a closet with a trigger lock, you are a criminal. Our gun laws here are extremely strict. When it comes to handguns, if it's not locked up in a safe with a trigger lock as well, and registered, an the police spot it, you will spend some time in jail and never have access to a firearm again.

Our gun laws in Canada are used to discourage civilians from owning firearms. They make it a great detriment to your freedoms to own a gun. If you have any enemies/bad relationships you should not own a gun because we have a "snitch line" where all they have to do is call the RCMP up and say "I feel threatened by so and so and they own guns", next thing you know there is a SWAT team at your door and your guns are never to be seen again.

In Canada, we are indoctrinated to hate firearms and mistrust those who do own them. It's just a fact of life here, most believe the only people who need guns are police and the military and therefore they are the only people who should be allowed to have them.

In Canada, just owning a firearm is a serious risk to your freedoms. If you don't register your guns, you're a criminal here. If you do register your guns, you're losing your rights.

Just feel sorry for the guy. Us Canadians are brainwashed.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Darce because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join