It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus prophecy matches May 11th alignment plus Elenin alignment - megaquake?...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
How about the Globe Theatre in London which was world famous in it's time? I checked out the dates...Nostradamus passed in 1566 and Globe wasn't built til 1599 but it was very famous closer to the time that he lived than the other places we're tossing around. I would think that London would not be prepared for any type of earthquake.

Links: absoluteshakespeare.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

He doesn't at any stage need to know all the laws of the known universe to know that a small comet, more than 22 million miles away, can have no physical effect on the earth.

Even a cursory knowledge of Newtonian physics will suffice.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
"That it shall fill and ruin the great theatre"- I dont know if this was said yet but i would guess Rome and the great theatre will be the Romen Coliseum. There was a thread floating around how 1 in 4 people in rome will not be going to work tomorrow in fear of an earthquake predicted by a man in 1912 saying there will be one in Rome on may 11 2011
edit on 10-5-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by exmouthram
Got me thinking that the great theater means "the media???"

Hehe, if the great theater is referring to Playstation network, then it's already come to pass.

All kidding aside, I'm "seeing" that it's going to happen between midnight and 3am, May 11th, central standard time. Exact time I'm thinkin is 2:11am CST. In Italy.
I'll have a good laugh at this if we're all wrong. I hope we're wrong.

No you dont. You hope you are right. Then you can start a bunch of threads about how you predicted an EQ and you will be so full of yourself for your amazing psychic powers. I think that anyone who makes a prediction and then follows it with I hope I'm wrong is lying to themselves and others. They dont want to be wrong they want to be right and they want to believe they have a power to make predictions.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hi friends.

Well, all this time bickering about predictions could be better utilized by actual scientific data...

Anyone want to venture a guess where this ELE is?

Ofcourse I'm still learning how to use the program myself...and the real possibility of this body not being loaded into the program data->>>meh! Like I want to spend my last days running like a chicken with his head cut-off...how do we ever get any rest?

Besides, look at and focus on all the beauty there is to behold...

STELLARIUM

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

He doesn't at any stage need to know all the laws of the known universe to know that a small comet, more than 22 million miles away, can have no physical effect on the earth.

"a small comet can have NO physical effect on the earth"?

That's completely wrong. It will definitely absolutely positively have a physical effect on the earth. BUT It will be so small that it won't be noticeable or measurable with our technology, but the force of gravity will still be acting upon the earth. Even someone with a cursory knowledge of Newtonian physics should know that. Gravity is a long range force. Even an object half way across the universe is exerting some force on the earth, it's just so infinitesimally small that it's immeasurable.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Your argument is flawed badly, ie,-- an in depth understanding, much less cursory knowledge, of the science of the middle ages would report that the earth was flat, that the sun circled around it and that man could never fly. That knowledge has been disproven upon further scientific discovery. Do you believe that there is nothing more to be discovered or further understood in physics?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think that everybodies interpratation of "theatre" is incorrect in how nostradamus intended it. A theatre of war is a country or region, not a localized building with a stage and actors.

My intuition is telling me that he means by the "great" or "grand theatre" is a place that has a great influence in the modern world, I.e., america or china.

No earthquake will happen in italy tommorow.

Why do you think the government blew the levies on the mississippi?
Why is there a historic flood happening there right now?
Just coincidence?
Have you seen the maps that show a river hundreds of miles long that goes from the great lakes to the gulf of mexico?
I dont think italians should be worried. Maybe if you are from st louis you should buy a boat.
New madrid is due up.
edit on 10-5-2011 by theduncans because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by theduncans because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Because you know me, right?
I just want the best for humanity.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

"a small comet can have NO physical effect on the earth"?

That's completely wrong. It will definitely absolutely positively have a physical effect on the earth. BUT It will be so small that it won't be noticeable or measurable with our technology, but the force of gravity will still be acting upon the earth. Even someone with a cursory knowledge of Newtonian physics should know that. Gravity is a long range force. Even an object half way across the universe is exerting some force on the earth, it's just so infinitesimally small that it's immeasurable.

All true and moreover, what other effects could it have that we may not understand. One of the hardest words to say in science to say is never.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
There was a 7.1 in Vanuatu on 10MAY11!!!! That's where they filmed Survivor!!!!! TV...The great THEATER!!!!! It's a day early but could it all be true?!? OMG, we're doooooomed yet again. Can't read ATS without a feeling the doooom.

Wasn't Nostradamu debunked like a thousand times already since his "prophecies" can mean just about anything? I mean, a true prophet gives exact details. Understand that he lived in an era when he would be burned as a witch but, couldn't he have just hidden the true prophecies under his mattress for someone to find after his death?

He was a prophet, so he should have foreseen all the confusion his prophecies were going to cause and left us a guide to understanding them. Unless, of course, he was a jerk and just wanted to jerk around the people of the future.

Come to think of it, that's what I would've done. I'd write all of my prophecies down in some weird code, then I'd look into my magical bowl of water and have a laugh as everyone was confused about it. Yeah, that guy was definitely a jerk.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Could the "Great Theatre" be the United States? They did just soak the New Madrid Fault line in the the eastern United States.... Just a thought but an unstable fault line that is said to have a huge earthquake stored up in and ready to release, and we dump the entire Bird Point levee from the Mississippi River on it? Let it soak for a few days and blamo.... Megaquake?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Gravitation follows the inverse square law.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be really weird if a major quake occurred *exactly* 2 months after the Japan quake?

We'll find out today if something happens, I guess.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Not to be rude,,,, but I did just say the same exact thing two or three posts above you.
Are our minds connected?
Or could this be an example of interconnected conciousness coming upon a realization at the same time?
reply to post by Savorrow

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

You keep saying that the comet can have an effect, and then citing my apparent ignorance of some as yet "undiscovered force" that may be affecting the earth, despite the fact that what we do know indicates that it cannot possibly have an effect.

Please cite any observed data that demonstrates that what you say is true. I will stop posting if you do.

I also want you to recall a certain group called the Heavens Gate cult that had totally unfounded and provably false ideas about a comet (they even talked about "Nibiru").

Ignorance and irrationality is dangerous.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Cool, only another 24 hours or so until another prediction thread vanishes into the ether.
People have been predicting the end of the world since the world began. People are increasingly predicting cataclysmic events, only for nothing at all to happen. Time after time after time. Then the self induced amnesia / justification only to be followed later by another dose of prediction, and repeat...

More interesting than prophecies is the reason why people feel the need to indulge. Is it because of the gap left by religion? Or maybe its more like a gambling addiction that one can't give up?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by theduncans

No worries, Wasnt trying to steal your thunder or anything! Glad to see that there are other people out there who think like me!!!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So tomorrow we are doom ? or something 'out of the blue' supposed to happen ?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

You keep saying that the comet can have an effect, and then citing my apparent ignorance of some as yet "undiscovered force" that may be affecting the earth, despite the fact that what we do know indicates that it cannot possibly have an effect.

Please cite any observed data that demonstrates that what you say is true. I will stop posting if you do.

I also want you to recall a certain group called the Heavens Gate cult that had totally unfounded and provably false ideas about a comet (they even talked about "Nibiru").

Ignorance and irrationality is dangerous.

I am neither ignorant nor irrational and resorting to name calling betrays the soundness of your position. Your request is however irrational, one cannot post information regarding an "undiscovered force" because, well, it is undiscovered. Just saying that you cannot be so certain about things. New discoveries occur all the time expanding and even overturning known principles. So if it is fair for you to yell that it can't happen it is fair for me to reply "how can you be so certain?". Relax and enjoy the possibilities that we don't know all that there is to know.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join