It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel fortunate, and cursed at the same time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It has been almost 2 years since I 'awoke', and recently I have taken the time to examine my particular life in this conspiracy adventure.

On the one hand, I feel so fortunate that I was able to interpret that first piece of info that made me say "WTF" and then sprung me into an information gathering frenzy. Since then, I feel like I know things that other people don't. Mostly only because they don't take a second to look. I feel like its a privilege to be in tune with what is really going on and able to explore all the dirty details as they progress. And then smirk at the mainstream comments being made by the general population, while at the same time trying to spread truth. I feel like I am lucky to be playing this role, I believe that it is an important role to be played in the progression(or deconstruction, however you look at it) of humanity. Either way I am apart of it, actively, and it makes me feel like I am contributing to something.

On the other hand, it is a day to day struggle. Not a week goes by that I am not hammered by some form of ignorance, leaving me emotionally and mentally drained. And I look at that ignorance and all I can think is "why can't you see what I see. Why can't you see that we are just doing it all wrong and we could do it better, and leave the rest for debate". This doesn't just come from the gen pop, but from my family members, mother, father, aunts and uncles, all of whom I continue to try to discuss current affairs with. All of whom are dangerously misguided. I feel helpless. I know the day will come when we will be told to shuffle into a FEMA camp for our protection. And I know the people I love most will all be in that line while I watch. That alone is a huge weight for me to bare.

I was wondering if anyone else felt this way.

Much Love,
Ghandi

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well. That is very valid. It is like trying to explain the Osama situation to my grandmother - it's just not going to happen.

So I've decided that instead of wasting energy trying to (not force-feed) explain my opposite view - I try to get people to feel okay with "questioning" things.

Instead of taking opposite stances in situations, these days I just attempt to get the person I'm talking to, to open up their mind to the "other" possibilities.

Print-outs, flyers, and cartoon post-its work like a charm too.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

enlightenment, like everything else in this life, is a blessing and a curse. we are liberated by the Truth, but burdened by the consequences of that liberation. once you "wake up," you can never truly return to mainstream society, even though we are forced to endure it for the time being. Knowledge comes with the responsibility of spreading it. Such is life here on grand old planet earth, even the best things in life have their drawbacks. hang in there, ghandi, we'll figure this whole Truth movement out soon enough!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Everyone know's something's that perhaps others don't but I tell you don't let it get to you,
no one can be of higher intelligence than another but how they use the intelligence they
have is then called being intelligent.
Ignorance is bliss, sometimes people rather be under it's illusion then to seek the truth
so just keep your positive influence to those who seek the truth rather than those who rather
keep themselves under a illusion/blanket.
There is so much to know and it takes many life times to do so.but you will never possess the
infinite knowledge in this universe within one host.
edit on 9-5-2011 by foreshadower99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I agree, and generally with most people I don't just oppose their thinking I just ask obvious "ATS questions"

However when it comes to close family members, I feel a higher sense of urgency.

edit on 9-5-2011 by Ghandi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston
reply to post by Ghandi

enlightenment, like everything else in this life, is a blessing and a curse. we are liberated by the Truth, but burdened by the consequences of that liberation. once you "wake up," you can never truly return to mainstream society, even though we are forced to endure it for the time being. Knowledge comes with the responsibility of spreading it. Such is life here on grand old planet earth, even the best things in life have their drawbacks. hang in there, ghandi, we'll figure this whole Truth movement out soon enough!

well said sir

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

I absolutely agree, but just getting one to understand what you just said can take a lifetime. which is frustrated.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

And that's the whole point of life! To understand this it takes a life time to some but to others it's only a matter of time it's self.
Something's come to you and others you seek but run away. It's like trying to fall in love with the right person and keeping your self safe from those that would do other wise which I prove to find very difficult.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Has made the mistake of hitting the reply button twice.
Gets shot dead....

edit on 9-5-2011 by foreshadower99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

edit on 9-5-2011 by Fascinatedbyeverything because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghandi
It has been almost 2 years since I 'awoke', and recently I have taken the time to examine my particular life in this conspiracy adventure.

On the one hand, I feel so fortunate that I was able to interpret that first piece of info that made me say "WTF" and then sprung me into an information gathering frenzy. Since then, I feel like I know things that other people don't. Mostly only because they don't take a second to look. I feel like its a privilege to be in tune with what is really going on and able to explore all the dirty details as they progress. And then smirk at the mainstream comments being made by the general population, while at the same time trying to spread truth. I feel like I am lucky to be playing this role, I believe that it is an important role to be played in the progression(or deconstruction, however you look at it) of humanity. Either way I am apart of it, actively, and it makes me feel like I am contributing to something.

On the other hand, it is a day to day struggle. Not a week goes by that I am not hammered by some form of ignorance, leaving me emotionally and mentally drained. And I look at that ignorance and all I can think is "why can't you see what I see. Why can't you see that we are just doing it all wrong and we could do it better, and leave the rest for debate". This doesn't just come from the gen pop, but from my family members, mother, father, aunts and uncles, all of whom I continue to try to discuss current affairs with. All of whom are dangerously misguided. I feel helpless. I know the day will come when we will be told to shuffle into a FEMA camp for our protection. And I know the people I love most will all be in that line while I watch. That alone is a huge weight for me to bare.

I was wondering if anyone else felt this way.

Much Love,
Ghandi

Been there...as have many members on this site I'm sure.

Honestly, I'm still there in many ways so, my best advice is this:

Keep searching, keep trying, and keep helping humanity in any way possible.

You made it this far so, why give up now?

new topics

top topics

join