It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to stop Armageddon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
With all the changes we are undergoing nowadays it's not too crazy to think that the world is beginning to become unwound. The upcoming 2012 don't help one's mind, as it can serve as an explanation to all these unimaginable occurrences happening in a short time frame. But let me ease your minds.

In a recent thread, it mentioned Matthew 24:36, which basically says that it is impossible for anyone to know the date or time that ending day will take place. And no one does know, as it has been predicted many times by different faiths to no avail. So it could be said that it is a fact that know one could know or predict the rapture, judgment day, or the end of of the universe. I will go on and say that while we don't know when it will happen, predicting it will make it even less likely to occur than days it isn't predicted on, since no man will know what day it will happen.

While I generally don't take a liking to people that make predictions, I feel that this one has some redeeming value, unlike most that we hear. This prediction is meant to put people at ease, and to not feel fearful as much about the future that we are unfolding into. I hope that everyone can get their mind off of Armageddon and think more about the material world, which is what this life is about. So here comes my solution:

Armageddon will occur today. And if it doesn't it will occur the next day. And if it doesn't, then it will occur on the proceeding day until it does occur. If it is impossible to know what day it occurs on, then it should never happen ever.

Break out the champagne!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Are what you call days 24hr periods. Also if time was subtracted from 24hr period would you still call these days? But I see your point predict for the next 1000 years he returns. Just remember your talking of what are called days currently I dont know what a 9 hour in day 9 hour in light is.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I feel much better now.

But what about all the other horrible non-Armageddon things that happen daily.
Japan was not armageddon.

And how do you know if this theory is on a one day type scale, maybe you need to do this every second for it to work! Does the bible list somewhere the accuracy you need to keep your standards to. Cause if that's the case I will say armageddon will occur within the next 10,000 years and it shouldn't.
edit on 5/9/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by satron

Say what? Didn't we all die on March 15th?
OH CRAP I FORGOT ITS 21ST MAY!
no no it's 28th October 2011.....
No eerrr I mean 2012 december and soooooo!

Get rid of those thoughts it don't matter when is the judgement day, the best thing to do is live your life how you want to because dying sooner than the time you would care to shouldn't make a difference.

link   
Genius!

Plan and a half mate

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
I feel much better now.

But what about all the other horrible non-Armageddon things that happen daily.
Japan was not armageddon.

And how do you know if this theory is on a one day type scale, maybe you need to do this every second for it to work! Does the bible list somewhere the accuracy you need to keep your standards to. Cause if that's the case I will say armageddon will occur within the next 10,000 years and it shouldn't.
edit on 5/9/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

It is horrible yes, but without the promise of Armageddon hanging over our heads anymore, we now know that we can face many dire straits and make it though the next day. Three cheers for humanity!

EDIT: If you feel that there should be a prediction for every hour, minute or second, I suggest you do so because the world may be thankful for it, and what a great victory it would be
edit on 9-5-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by satron

live every day like its your last basically... Good advice, though very boring. And when the day finaly dawns you'll be left wondering if there was anything you could have done to stop it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by satron

live every day like its your last basically... Good advice, though very boring. And when the day finaly dawns you'll be left wondering if there was anything you could have done to stop it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
How are you going to stop Armageddon ? It's a place not a time

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Sweet zombie Jesus!
Thank God! Youre the Messiah!

edit on 9-5-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
reply to post by satron

Get rid of those thoughts it don't matter when is the judgement day, the best thing to do is live your life how you want to because dying sooner than the time you would care to shouldn't make a difference.

You forgot financial collapse of the US last week. California earthquakes in April.

Now my collegues and I at work have had a wonderful idea for helping people through the end of the world on 21st May. We can sell them Doom Pebbles which you rub together to have a calming influence. £2.50 per pair in a nice velvet bag plus £1.50 P&P, please allow 21 days for delivery.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It's quite a leap to say that prediction is knowledge - especially when your prediction is more a matter of convenience than supernatural insight. At best, I think prediction could only be belief - and belief, quite simply, is not knowledge. That being said, I think the entire idea of the rapture, Armageddon, et cetera is ludicrous to begin with, so between my beliefs and your predictions, I feel pretty safe. Many thanks

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 13star

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

The place isn't required to be known. You can rest easy knowing that this ill-gotten day has been vanquished.

The end of the end.
edit on 9-5-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by satron

I'm not worried about Armageddon and neither should the rest of ATS fans. Most of us won't live that long.

That being said, Armageddon COULD occur in less than 10 years, according to the Biblical requirements.

Still, again, most of us will NOT be alive when Armageddon occurs. Read Revelation, Daniel, Isaiah, and Jeremiah. If you do the math, most of us will NOT be alive when Armageddon occurs.

There are VERY bad times coming WELL before Armageddon. Are you ready?

link   
reply to post by satron

Wow !!!! This is mind blowing stuff. I'm going to take this a step further.

If our God, (little" g" if you wish), is a "personal" God. Then why would we look at Armageddon on a "macro" level??? I mean we could all go through our personal Armageddon (some of us more than others).

It makes much more sense.... We are all going to die someday, right? Then at that point we will experience the great end of our world... In a personal way. It's so simple

1. Everything get messed up aroud us. Have you seen the news, (which ever one you trust), lately it's earthquake-tornado-flood-melt down city aroud here.

2.You die... Please be careful as you might not want to speed this process up. Skydiving, base jumping, riding tsumanis on a surf borad. you get my point. All "fun" but risky.

3. You get judged, taged and shipped off to whichever hereafter you are headed for (that's a whole nother thread there!). Fire or clouds will work for this argument. Although I would like to work the whole "virgin" thing into my belief system but the blowing one's self up with a bunch of explosives is risky (see step 2).

4. Enjoy forever.... That's a long time! Well unless you plan on comming back as a bug, dog, or proteced species of some sort. I that case you can skip step 3 and repeat steps 1 and 2 for however long you need to "get it" or something like that.

Micro-Armageddon.... Can I get an "amen" here!!! (shalom, praise Allah. or whatever that thing Tom cruse does will work too.)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

reply to post by satron

By mentioning those dates, those groups already saved us from calamity, and I can't take credit for that. I had to fill in the gaps.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

reply to post by satron

You forgot financial collapse of the US last week. California earthquakes in April.

Now my collegues and I at work have had a wonderful idea for helping people through the end of the world on 21st May. We can sell them Doom Pebbles which you rub together to have a calming influence. £2.50 per pair in a nice velvet bag plus £1.50 P&P, please allow 21 days for delivery.

Nice Idea, I'm going to sell Rapture toliet paper, wipe off all the crap you have ever done before the 21st.

edit on 9-5-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

You quite The Bible, the New Testament no less, yet you claim that we should "think more about the material world", because as you say "that is what it is all about.

Do you know Jesus' views on materialism? Do you know The Bible's views on materialism in general? If you believe the book enough to believe the passage you mentioned, then you should also believe the book enough to follow its "code of conduct" if you will to know that materialism and the material world is NOTHING.

In fact, I think it is safe to say that all spiritual teaching tend to lean towards the basis of moving away from material things. I've partaken in almost all of them, so I would know.

As for your prediction, it isn't a prediction - at least one that you believe. To me there is a difference between precognition, that is seeing the future before it happens, and simple prediction. Precognition is a matter of spiritual enlightenment, dream analysis, or in some cases the following of scientific patterns. All you did is choose a day and say something. That isn't a prediction, that is a uneducated guess.

As for Armageddon. Will it happen as The Bible says? Probably not. I have never been one to look at that work literally. But will something happen to this planet or our species that constitutes being called "the end of the world as we know it?" To deny something like that will happen at some point is plain ignorance and a symptom of a closed minded fool.

Proof remains that things have happened to people in the past and this planet as faced extinction level events before. Spiritual and historical works lay reference to strange phenomenon that even science today cannot explain. Past civilizations have disappeared without a hint of what happened, and technologies have been discovered the lead many to believe that even PRIOR, more advanced civilizations existed before them.

Armageddon will come. The end of life as we know it will come. Read the passage again. No man will KNOW the date. They may feel the date. They may perceive that something will happen. However, to say that no man will KNOW with 100% certainty the date it will come is just common sense. There is no way to know until it happens, and even then someone can not say that they KNEW it all along, for they simply perceived the possibility.

May 21st is a possibility. October 21st is a possibility. December 21st, 2012 is a possibility. You can deny it as hoax all you want but until that day comes and goes - NO MAN will know if it will be the end, or just another day. But mark my words - the end of times is not some figment of peoples imaginations or spiritual readings. It is quite real. To become complacent to the fact that it will come someday, simply because you put your faith in the word of others and it failed - is to be ill prepared and become a statistic for whatever may come.

I look at each day as if it could be the end, and it very well could be. I suggest everyone else do the same.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I want to say "thanks" for the effort. Unfortunately, we can only wish it worked that way.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Good point. 2012 is very deceptive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join