It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loss of Useage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Finally able to post again, for whatever reason and if anybody really cares,

On Sunday morning I was reading one of the threads about OBL...The adds refreshed and I was surprised at the look of the bb. All site images had disappeared, except for the adds...all member avatars and backround images had also disappeared. I could not post, reply, quote....nothing. First thought was the bb had been hacked then I saw that everybody was still posting. Then I figured I might have been hacked personally...but I still was able to go where ever I wanted.

I could still post U2U's...so I asked a member of the bb if they had this happen, or if they had ever heard of it happening...they suggested changing servers. I went through a couple before I found one that would let me back in here...Google Chrome. Apparently, for some unknown reason since I have updated to the newest 3.0 Firefox I having nothing but problems. Notices that Firefox is unavailable. No connections. Then the images disappearing and inability to post.

Has anyone else been running into this/similar problems with the new update of Firefox 3.0? Again want to say thanks for the help.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

There was a problem with the ATS server I believe..
It affected all browsers, not just firefox..

It's been fixed and there was a thread on it..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

a different, recent post mentioned the latest Mozilla is now the browser of choice for many, as the Moz people refused to cowtow to Uncle Sam bullying regarding refusing to give up multiple site info or something along that line.

i'm thinking of jumping off Chrome myself, to support the good folks at Mozilla.

i have trouble with ATS not functioning a few times a week. i chalk it up to the hugeness of this site. this place is like a supermarket!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, guys. So the board was having issues?
Well, either way...just that it seems lately that there have been more issues on here
than we have ever had since I joined. Yep...place has grown in leaps and bounds...for sure.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Holly, I'm using FF 4.0.1...that is the newest version. Are you sure you have 3.0?

With FF 4.0.1, all is working as intended.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I've tried it on Firefox, Chrome, IE, and Safari, and had no issue with either. Then again, I'm on a Mac most of the time.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Ubuntu 11.04 with firefox 4.0.1 here.

No issues.

Seems you may need to update firefox.

new topics

top topics

join