It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Seeks to Create Caesar

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Many are saying the positions this bill refers to are insignificant because they are mostly Assistant Secretary positions within the executive branch departments. These are the positions just under cabinet positions or department heads. The cabinet positions are subject to approval by the senate and are nominated by the president and usually change when a new president takes office.

Assistant Secretary positions are the second most powerful position in the department next to the cabinet or secretary of the department. They have always been subject to approval by the senate and now for some reason they want to bypass senate approval? To streamline the process? A dictatorship is very streamlined is it not?

I bet you it passes. The senate on both the left and right proposed this. The senate is effectively willing to abdicate its power over the approval of the appointment of the second most powerful positions in the executive branch departments.

I see that executive orders, signing statements already allow the president to erode the separation of powers and now the senate wants to give up some more power - nice - I see we are moving along nicely toward our eventual total enslavement.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

I agree with you that some of these are rather minor.

Sec of Ag? That could go bad....er...worse.

Sec of Info? Mark LLoyd?

Small steps lead to long marchs.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Along these lines some may find it interesting that the original intent of the structure of the government of the United States was that the Senate represented State legislatures or State governments and that the House of Representatives represented the people. So every State legislature would appoint and vote on 2 people to send to Congress to represent the State government. We the people would vote on our representatives, Congressmen, and the number of representatives was based on populations. In 1913 the 17th Amendment to the constitution was adopted and changed the way Senators were voted on. Now Senators are elected directly by the people just like Congressmen.

The Civil War and issues around it led to these changes and I believe this in turn contributed to the great erosion of State's rights that we see today. It amazes me that the State legislatures had to agree to this amendment which effectively removed their representation from federal government.

And now we see Senators willing to give up some power to the president. Things that make you go ... hmmmm ...
edit on 10-5-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If I was the boss I'd like to appoint THE people I trust

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Just a quick thought, but we know how they operate. Implementations are always taken in advance in order to help solidify their intentions, I have a "hunch" this is about Dick Cheney 2012. Keep an eye out. By the way, Friday the 13th should be interesting. No fear and much Love.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwdogg1982
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I posted a link to the actual text of the bill a few posts up. After reading it, all I can say is wow. This is some Nazi Germany type stuff here. And I only read the bill, I didn't read the OP source because it looked biased.

we should be biased against this!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwdogg1982
I posted a link to the actual text of the bill a few posts up. After reading it, all I can say is wow. This is some Nazi Germany type stuff here. And I only read the bill, I didn't read the OP source because it looked biased.

How is it Nazi Germany type stuff?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Seems that way.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The following are the posts effected by this bill:

ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF AGRICULTURE FOR CONGRESSIONAL RELATIONS

ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF AGRICULTURE FOR ADMINISTRATION

RURAL UTILITIES SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR - decides who gets help from the department of ag

COMMODITY CREDIT CORPORATION

ASSISTANT SECRETARY FOR LEGISLATIVE AFFAIRS

CHIEF SCIENTIST; NATIONAL OCEANIC AND ATMOSPHERIC ADMINISTRATION

ASSISTANT SECRETARIES OF DEFENSE FOR LEGISLATIVE AFFAIRS, PUBLIC AFFAIRS, AND NETWORKS AND INFORMATION INTEGRATION

ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF THE ARMY FOR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT

ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF THE NAVY FOR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT

ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF THE AIR FORCE FOR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT

MEMBERS OF NATIONAL SECURITY EDUCATION BOARD

ASSISTANT SECRETARY FOR LEGISLATION AND CONGRESSIONAL AFFAIRS AND ASSISTANT SECRETARY FOR MANAGEMENT

COMMISSIONER, REHABILITATION SERVICES ADMINISTRATION

COMMISSIONER, EDUCATION STATISTICS

ASSISTANT SECRETARY FOR PUBLIC AFFAIRS -HHS

ASSISTANT SECRETARY FOR LEGISLATION - HHS

COMMISSIONER, ADMINISTRATION FOR CHILDREN, YOUTH AND FAMILIES - HHS

COMMISSIONER, ADMINISTRATION FOR NATIVE AMERICANS - HHS

DIRECTOR OF THE OFFICE FOR DOMESTIC PREPAREDNESS; - Homeland security (DHS)

ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATOR OF THE FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY, GRANT PROGRAMS - DHS

ADMINISTRATOR OF THE UNITED STATES FIRE ADMINISTRATION- -DHS

DIRECTOR OF THE OFFICE OF COUNTERNARCOTICS ENFORCEMENT - DHS

CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER - DHS

ASSISTANT ATTORNEY GENERAL, - Justice

ASSISTANT SECRETARIES FOR ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT, CONGRESSIONAL AFFAIRS, AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS - Labour

ASSISTANT SECRETARIES - DOT

ASSISTANT SECRETARY FOR LEGISLATIVE AFFAIRS- Treasury

ASSISTANT SECRETARY FOR PUBLIC AFFAIRS AND DIRECTOR OF POLICY PLANNING - Treasury

ASSISTANT SECRETARY FOR MANAGEMENT AND CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER - Treasury

TREASURER OF THE UNITED STATES - Treasury

DIRECTOR OF THE MINT

Most of the undersecretaries for veteran affairs (not bothering to list them all)

Corporation for National and Community Service; Managing Director

National Foundation on the Arts and the Humanities - all board members

National Science Foundation - all board members

All deputy directors of the DEA

All directors and management of the office of Navajo and Hopi relocation

Governor and Alternate Governor of the African Development Bank

Governor and Alternate Governor of the Asian Development Bank

Governors and Alternate Governors of the International Monetary Fund and the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development

Governor and Alternate Governor of the African Development Fund

National Board for Education Sciences; Members

Federal Coordinator for Alaska Natural Gas Transportation Projects- Looks like the pipeline

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Officer Corps

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
looks like we gotta do something about him just like Brutus and Cassius did

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I am not surprised by this at all, the Senate also has roman symbolism does anyone notice that?

Washington Senate

Roman Senate

romanfasci.blogspot.com...

So much for democracy.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur
looks like we gotta do something about him just like Brutus and Cassius did

First off, what you just said is highly illegal.

Not only that, it shows a profound ignorance of history. Things did not turn out well for Brutus or Cassius or the Republic.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm confused about why any Senators would be voting away their power to give to the President. They're as power-hungry as any other politicians out there.

And shouldn't Obama see that his ratings are going down? So in the likely event that he isn't re-elected, this will just help "the other team" put THEIR men in power. Where's the point in that? Unless Obama is just a puppet put in office to mess things up royally, to ensure the voters swing the other way in 2012.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zillah

So should the executive house cleaning lady need to go through a confirmation hearing?

Where in the constitution does it require everyone who works in government to be confirmed?

They are trying to cleanup the partisan STALLING that goes on. They are not even having confirmations because all they want to do is stall and destroy the government.

We are not talking about cabinet members here. We are talking about people who work for cabinet members.

We are talking about people who work for people who work for people who work for cabinet members.

What do you guys want? Everyone who works for government should be confirmed by the Senate? Everyone?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Here is how silly this is. Why care who works underneath Hillary Clinton?

Its Hillary Clinton's policies that will get implemented. Not her secrataries polices,.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LosLobos
Where in the constitution does it require everyone who works in government to be confirmed?

Nowhere. Those screaming that this is unConstitutional and Caesarism and advocating assassination (why are you allowing that mods?) have ignored that this is allowed for in the Constitution...

[The President] shall nominate, and, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

This thread shows there is a profound ignorance of the US Constitution and world history among ATS members.

edit on 10-5-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Where was all the hand wringing when we went from 8 czar titles under Clinton to 33 czar titles under Bush?

Bush/Cheney Get a Pass Again but that Obama/Biden are trying to destroy us

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Before Bush, the last time we had more than 10 czars was under FDR. We went from 8 to 33 over night without so much as a whisper from anyone.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I've always been a sceptic when I've seen threads about left=right Bush=Obama ad nauseum.

But here we have a bipartisan bill that would greatly benefit who ever gets the big chair!

Corruption runs rampant in DC.

*I'm disgusted*

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Bush had a faith-based czar! So much for separation of chuch and state. Yet, no one cared when Bush defiled our constitution at every turn.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join