It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Seeks to Create Caesar

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I'm already here.. No need to "create" me.. whats up...? I believe I'm next in line for this Caeser / Emperor stuff.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zillah

This will never pass the House. All this is is a way for the President to appoint people to executive positions without having them go through the Senate confirmation process. He has already been doing this, so this is nothing new. Most of his "Czars" were never vetted by the Senate.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

All of you do understand that this will never pass the House, right?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
This doesn't stop with Obama. Consider whoever wins the election next year. If HE (Caesar) allows it, that is.

This by far has GOT to be the scariest thread I've ever read.

It is indeed very scary, and what sits very quietly already in place is also directive 51,
all of the pieces are 'almost' in place,
it may be in a glove of the finest leather but it is very much an iron fist, just waiting to come down.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
On the plus side, if this bill passes and Ron Paul becomes president, imagine how awesome things would be. The President and Congress would actually be productive! Imagine that...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by Misoir

Perhaps you are right, but perhaps not.

But it's a bipartisan sponsored bill, if that it was coming from Democrats when Republicans control the House is what you had in mind.

Sponsor: Sen. Charles Schumer [D-NY]

Co-sponsors:
Jeff Bingaman [D-NM]
Richard Blumenthal [D-CT]
Thomas Carper [D-DE]
Richard Durbin [D-IL]
John Reed [D-RI]
Harry Reid [D-NV]
Sheldon Whitehouse [D-RI]

Joseph Lieberman [I-CT]

Lamar Alexander [R-TN]
Scott Brown [R-MA]
Susan Collins [R-ME]
Richard Lugar [R-IN]
Mike Johanns [R-NE]
Jon Kyl [R-AZ]
Mitch McConnell [R-KY]

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Volcanologist31

Off Topic:
So, when you call them tea-baggers, does that mean your a tea-bagee? libs make me laugh.

....miss, what exactly was the Boston tea party about then? Side note- why does it look like she was beheaded?

On Topic:
I'm not really surprised. lets face it, O and Mr. Pelosi have used the constitution as a door mat before. remember, world domination is a 12 step program

edit on 10-5-2011 by Kingbreaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by Kingbreaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
No win scenario.

Do it the old way and people scream and yell about Washington "dragging their feet", "wasteing taxpayer money." and the whole process is held hostage to political madness.

Change the way its done and

"The president wants to be Caesar!"

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by zillah

How did you post a thread before the needed 20 post limit? Or is it 10? I forget

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This is much ado about nothing, it is about the appointment of middling bureaucrats, such as assistants to cabinet secretaries and heads of lesser agencies within the departments. No cabinet-secretary positions are subject to this. Not only is it much to do about nothing but explicitly allowed by the Constitution. According to the Appointments Clause...

...shall nominate, and, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.
edit on 10-5-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Konah
I agree the headline is a bit dramatic. Just because Tea Party members signed this Act doesn't mean anything, the majority of Congressmen - regardless of their party - seem to have misplaced their Constitution.

As have those who think this means the end of the Republic. This is allowed by the Constitution.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by Misoir

The fact that the attempt is made is quite enough for most to realize how evil our government is.

Disgust and abhorrence for these power hungry demons, desereve to be tarred and feathered!!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
History has a way of repeating itself.

Maybe not a bad plan. After all, remember what happened to Caesar?

"Our tyrant deserved to die. Here was a man who wanted to be king of the Roman people and master of the whole world. Those who agree with an ambition like this must also accept the destruction of existing laws and freedoms. It is not right or fair to want to be king in a state that used to be free and ought to be free today." Cicero.

I think you need to re-read your history a bit before declaring what happened to Caesar a good thing. The assassination of Caesar lead (along with many other things) to the death of the Republic. At the end, Cicero's head and hands were put on display in the Forum.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
The fact that the attempt is made is quite enough for most to realize how evil our government is.

Disgust and abhorrence for these power hungry demons, desereve to be tarred and feathered!!!

Do the Framers of the Constitution deserve to be tarred and feathered?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
reply to post by zillah

With everything happening the last decade I think this scene fits in.

Does that make good 'ol Chuck Schumer Jar-Jar Binks?

The rate things are going, I'd be better off moving to the middle of the woods and never coming out again.

Bread and Circuses. Bread. And. Circuses.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Interestingly, the etymology of the word czar points back to the word Caesar.

Caesar --> Kesar --> Tsezar --> Tszar --> Tsar or Czar

This will most likely be abused by a future president. I don't think Obama has enough time and society isn't quite at the right point...yet. I also don't think Obama has enough desire, but then again, that's not to say that he couldn't have that desire, just that at this point, it's a little difficult to have that power, so the desire trails. As the power increases so will the desire. As the saying goes, "absolute power corrupts absolutely." You need the power to get to the corruption, although the corruption at smaller levels can erode the rules and lead to more power.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by Konah
I agree the headline is a bit dramatic. Just because Tea Party members signed this Act doesn't mean anything, the majority of Congressmen - regardless of their party - seem to have misplaced their Constitution.

As have those who think this means the end of the Republic. This is allowed by the Constitution.

Does it not state: "is amended by striking ‘, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate" ????

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Lincoln Obama's ideological and political hero was also oft compared to Caesar in the New York Times and often satired as such in their illustraions.

Caesarism was a popular political jab in the late 1800s. Ulysses S. Grant was accused of it when he consider running for a third term (legal at the time). It inspired the cartoon that lead to the popularization of the elephant and donkey as the symbols for the duopoly...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9db52b8f36f2.jpg[/atsimg]

We were a more educated lot back then.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
Does it not state: "is amended by striking ‘, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate" ????

Does the Constitution in the Appointment Clause say...

but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this, this is why I come to ATS because very important NEWS like this is not reported by the MSM puppets. Hopefully Alex Jones is on this story today

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join